1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Headphones

Discussion in 'PC Discussion' started by AceOfSpades, Jul 12, 2013.

1. Juggler

Juggler Death Eater DLP Supporter

I've just been reading through head-fi for a few days myself, looking at IEM. I'm going to be purchasing a pair of Monster Turbine Pro Gold for ~$300, but that's mostly because I'm pissed off by breaking mine every couple months and these are amazing and come with a lifetime warrenty.

If you're looking at a sane pricing Brainwavz Beta V2 seem to be the best cheap ones. There won't be any/many high-quality earbuds since they're inefficient, but IEM are practically the same (for the longest time I knew them as budget earbuds).

2. Jas

Jas Fourth Year

I have the Logitech G35 gaming headset. Works very well. Optional surround sound is nice. Only issue I have is that inserting the headset after launching a game can cause no sound to go through the headset. Mainly happened with Dungeon Defenders. Otherwise really comfortable wired headset.

3. AceOfSpades

AceOfSpades Slug Club Member DLP Supporter

Yeah, Cheddar, I was kinda surprised myself. But seeing how I need to buy a bike, want to get a PS4 and am saving for a pair of Audeze LCD2's, I'll take cheap awesome headphones.

Crimson, take a look on Head-Fi, they know just about everything dealing with audio.

4. Redeye

Redeye Penultimate Lurker DLP Supporter

This

I got a pair of 598s and they blew my mind. I love music, but I never knew music could sound so good.

For gaming I have Logitech G930 and they're ok, pretty comfortable, but the sound quality isn't great. I only really use them because they were a gift, I don't think I would have bought them with my own money. The G930s aren't that great for music, but I probably only say that because I've been spoiled by my Sennheisers lol. However I do find myself enjoying the wireless capabilities when I'm doing laundry or getting something to drink between LoL games.

5. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I tend to use headphones like this. I guess the term for that is "Vertical In-The-Ear"? No idea.

Anyone know of a decent pair similar to that? The Sony pairs are pretty good but easy to break. I can't stand earbuds (hate hate HATE) and the more typical over-the-ear headphones aren't great for exercise (at least not imo).