1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Finally got Frostmorne from LK. Only took 14 games with Eternal Servitude Priest. The opponent conceded before I could actually play it >.<

2. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Illidan in my stored Classic packs, Last Kaleidosaur in stored Un'goro packs, Uther in my first Frozen Throne pack. Prince Valanar as well. Anduin from the Prologue.

A meh haul, but the ones I wanted, so... I crafted Lich King, will decide later on rest.

Golden Snowflipper Penguin, tho.

And I just killed Lord Marrowgar with Exodia.

Weren't you supposed to get packs for logging in by the way? Coz I did not get them... -edit- Got them after relogging, got Arfus.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
  3. Troy

Troy Seventh Year

So I just completed the prologue. The death knights I wanted were either Jaina, Uther or Valeera. The one I really didn't want was Anduin. I got Anduin.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Machinegun Anduin is legit as fuck.

Druid is strong. Paladin weaker than I thought.

The Ultimate Card really is Ultimate.

5. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

Speaking of the Ultimate card... I drafted a Druid with 2 Ultimates and I just played a priest that drafted the Demon Prince legendary, the poor soul got Millhouse from him and played it. I pulled off the 0 mana Ultimate play and won the game!!!!

6. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Paladin's pretty good actually. Just needs a slightly more midrange variation.

Here's the list I've been rocketing up the ladder with - 24-5 with it so far:

### Paladin Deck
    # Class: Paladin
    # Format: Standard
    # Year of the Mammoth
    #
    # 2x (1) Vilefin Inquisitor
    # 2x (1) Murloc Tidecaller
    # 2x (1) Righteous Protector
    # 2x (2) Hydrologist
    # 2x (2) Rockpool Hunter
    # 2x (3) Stonehill Defender
    # 2x (3) Murloc Warleader
    # 2x (3) Rallying Blade
    # 2x (4) Gentle Megasaur
    # 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
    # 1x (5) Finja, the Flying Star
    # 2x (5) Skelemancer
    # 2x (6) Spikeridged Steed
    # 1x (6) Sunkeeper Tarim
    # 2x (7) Bonemare
    # 1x (8) The Lich King
    # 1x (8) Tirion Fordring
    #
    AAECAZ8FBPoG474CucECws4CDdsDrwenCNOqAtmuArPBApvCAp3CArHCAojHAtjKAuPLAqbOAgA=
    #
    # To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

7. Mister Ferro

Tainted Zealot + Defile has potential in a control type Warlock.

I tried the Hunter Deathtrap recipe but it wasn't working out.

I think I'm going to stick with arena for now and wait and see if a Hunter/ Demonlock deck comes around that I can play.

So it seems like Prince 2 Zoo is doing good on ladder. I'm going to try a variant of it subbing 1 dire wolf for Prince 2. I put in the Tainted Zealot + Defile combo( 1 copy) as a board clear.

I'm approaching the legendary pity timer and hoping I open Uther for my next legendary.

8. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

I'm really enjoying this Warlock control deck I've put together. Not sure how close it is to any net decks, but I'm seeing about a 65-70% win rate so far, and I really like the way it plays. Only real issue right now is consistency of the draws, but it's a Krul deck, so that's not much of a surprise.

Here's the full list, one of everything. Edit: Though if anyone has some suggestions, I'm all ears. I've been considering swapping Thalnos and maybe Sense Demons, but haven't come up with any good ideas to replace them with.

Mortal Coil
    Soulfire
    Voidwalker
    Bloodmage Thalnos
    Defile
    Demonfire
    Doomsayer
    Drain Soul
    Gnomeferatu
    Loot Hoarder
    Bloodfury Potion
    Kabal Courier
    Sense Demons
    Shadow Bolt
    Tar Creeper
    Blastcrystal Potion
    Hellfire
    Lakkari Felhound
    Cult Apothecary
    Despicable Dreadlord
    Doomguard
    Dread Infernal
    Felfire Potion
    Kabal Trafficker
    Siphon Soul
    Abyssal Enforcer
    The Lich King
    Twisting Nether
    Krul the Unshackled
    Bloodreaver Gul'dan

Last edited: Aug 13, 2017
  9. Deftex

Deftex Third Year

High Score:
    I've been really enjoying a Dragon Priest deck I've put together. I'm at work so I don't have the exact deck list but it's generally what you'd expect with cards like Lich King and Bone Mare worked in there. I've been climbing the ranked ladder pretty fast with this deck and I haven't encountered many other decks that can challenge it besides a Warlock Control Deck that has Bloodreaver Gul'Dan in it for lifesteal.

10. Mister Ferro

omg I just discarded opponent's Jaina on turn 2!!!!

Edit-

And karma got me with Doomguard discarding Gul'dan but I pulled off the win!!!!

2nd Edit-

I Gnomeferatu'd a Grommash. Opponent was playing enrage warrior.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017
  11. Mister Ferro

To start with, Gnomeferatu I feel was severely underrated by people (I'm biased).
    After 8 games between yesterday and today I'm at 75% win rate with the deck. The only losses come from the new Zoolock and the non-Krul demonlock variant.

As for the deck, I took out Soulfire because I hesitate to play it (as mentioned in my last post where I discarded Gul'dan when I played Doomguard). Drain Life, Feeding Time or Bane of Doom might be better for the deck, I will have to test each out.

I feel that Tainted Zealot works very good (I don't have Thalnos).

I played Sense Demons in 5 of the games and drew Krul in 3 of them. It has been better in the mid/late game compared to turn 3 play.

I also want to try out Stonehill Defender instead of Tar Creeper. Being able to discover a Felguard or 2nd Felhound to combo with Krul is too tempting. A Primordial Drake or potential 2nd Lich King wouldn't hurt either.

12. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I love the interactions between Tainted Zealot/Thalnos and Defile. It's good to run both I think, because each gives different utility. You need thalnos if their lowest health minion is at 3, because Zealot obv doesn't die from first defile.

I'm even toying with running two in Miracle, but it's... not so great right now. I don't play aggro, so I'm not sure, but I don't even know how you can win 50%+ with aggro decks anymore. So many efficient fucking taunts and removals now...

13. Mister Ferro

I tried out Bane of Doom and the 1st summon demon was frakin Howlfiend. My opponent then proceeds to hit him 3 times and Krul was the 2nd discarded card. I'm going to try out Drain Life and a 2nd Drain Soul instead.

14. Oment

This is an article that's got a few good points about discard. Originally it was for Fel Reaver, but it applies just as much for Gnomeferatu, just in reverse.

Stonehill is the slower of the two, but I think it's one of the most influential cards to come out of Un'goro, and it's definitely worth a think of including it. Personally, I would more be looking to replace Demonfire or Bloodfury, but I never was much a fan of those cards anyway.

15. Mister Ferro

Choose Your Champion
    The Global Games Finals are almost here! After an epic tournament, only four teams remain. Who of these masterful competitors will triumph? Earn a free Knights of the Frozen Throne card pack by choosing your favorite team, and earn an additional pack if your champions claim ultimate victory!

16. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I mean, it's gotta be Ukraine, right?

17. Mister Ferro

Sees Kolento on the Ukraine team + wants to win the most packs = You bet I'm choosing Ukraine.

18. Oment

Yeah, I picked Ukraine as well.

So, minor annoyance, but didn't you promise actually tricky PvE content this time, Blizzard? I haven't had to change away from my Control Paladin ladder deck once. (Hell, I haven't ever lost, though Blood Queen was pretty nasty. My Acolyte of Pain turning into Vanish was useful.)

19. KGB

KGB Headmaster

So quest mage is making a comeback?

Finally my policy to include a secret eater in every deck, in a wider campaign to get freeze mage players to eat a dick, is paying off.

20. Mister Ferro