1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah. Obliterating bf really halted those pesky and everlasting miracle rogue decks.

It hurt precisely combo/controlly rogue decks, an archtype that hasn't really been seen since (jade maybe the closest?).

I wish they'd have targeted auctioneer instead if they didn't want neutral card draw...

2. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The salt around the community is fun. Everyone hates something, and they're all just raving. People who hate Ice block are having fun. Those who hate mill and how uninteractive it can be are having fun.

They're all decent enough choices for hall of fame. The game will go on in other ways because these cards are being taken away, and I'm cool with that.

3. Gengar

High Score:
    Mill decks die without Coldlight. Control mage doesn't.

And saying you enjoy it when people's (fair) decks are ruined makes you sound like a dick. Don't be that, please.

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

You're projecting so hard it actually becomes funny in a twisted way, and it's affecting your ability to read.

Kingsbane and DMH Warrior currently run Coldlight, and while I'll join the thousands of voices saying "didn't see that one coming", I'm not exactly against it either. It is probably one of the more exponential battlecries out there at the moment, and it is sodding cheap. If Team 5 has plans to make a card that affects battlecries in some way - think of an Umbra-esque legendary rather than Brann, though that is currently on a Shaman card - then this is one card that will affect your design space, just as Sylvanas and Old Murk-Eye did. (And yes, Sylv was also moved because she was an easy autoinclude. One does not exclude the other.)

Block was the elephant in the room, Molten seems to be more of a design space thing. I'm surprised Wild Pyromancer stayed in though.

Full disclosure: I'm certainly not shedding a single tear at the loss of Coldlight Oracle and I'd like to thank Blizzard for a free legendary just off of them.

Oh, and Blade Flurry was stupid on 2 mana, though I think it could've been fine on 3 in its current incarnation.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2018
  5. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

DLP Tourney when beta goes live??

Jax
  6. Gengar

High Score:
    What's an 'Umbra-esque' legendary that isn't Brann? Brann was printed, it was fine...

The drawback was always aggro decks. The card is borderline unplayable in half the matchups, or a risky, calculated play to draw towards answers.

I'm just sick of every non-miracle Rogue deck getting smacked around just when they're coming into the fore. I didn't even like tempo, but it still annoyed me. Not because I'll miss it or think it shouldn't have been nerfed - I'm just sick of miracle, and am baffled how every non-miracle deck keeps getting rekt.

Frankly, I'm not looking at reddit, and maybe the hysteria is funny but I'm just tired of it. It would have been a lot better if they didn't announce anything until new cards are revealed. Maybe there's a Gnomeferatu-esque Rogue card coming, but that still doesn't replace how perfect Coldlight is to make these decks work. And necessary.

More archetypes is better for the game. Rogue now only has miracle, again.

7. Oment

'Whenever a minion dies, cast its battlecry' or something similar was what I was going for. Brann itself wasn't OP, but the interactions it enabled were bullshit and you know it. Leaving the 'oh, hey, I'm going to mill you for 6 cards from a half-full hand' shenanigans for what they were, Brann + jades/C'thun, Kazakus, Drakonid, Netherspite, Abyssal, Houndmaster were all incredible swings, and at 4hp, he had a body that had the potential of sticking around even if played on curve due to early game removal generally leveling out at 3. His low mana cost was also a factor because it enabled those combos - if Brann had just under curve-appropriate stats on 6 or 7 mana, he wouldn't have been nearly as big of a nuisance to design space because it is hard to play him and make his trigger work in the same turn: see also why the huge dragons except Alex and vanilla Deathwing are either played only when the meta allows for very slow decks or when they can be cheated out and protected.

Tempo Rogue was a side-effect of the incredible OPness of Corridor Creeper - the card enabled the deck. As for the other infamous deck with the CC initialism... Fuck the quest and fuck it hard. Rogue will always gravitate towards the faster end of the spectrum purely based on its class identity and stuff (dito Hunter and Shaman, while Priest is arguably the combo/control counterpart, though faster Dragon and Spiteful decks dip(ped) firmly into midrange), and drawbacks are that it generally doesn't have the time to play huge minions unless the stars are right. (Edwin is the sole exception, but he has a drawback.) Enabling Rogue to flood the board with minions that are cheap as shit and outside the range of most AoE as early as turn 5 was just pure BS and it warped the meta to such a degree that - while the deck wasn't sitting at the highest winrate - it needed to be addressed.

8. Mister Ferro

First time hitting Rank 8 since the floors were introduced!!

The only time I was this rank pre-floors I went on an epic losing streak back to rank 13.

I'm going to try for Rank 6 before the reset.

9. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Hit 5 easily enough and started playing stupid stuff. Now I'm at 4 and wondering why.

Looking forward to seeing how the ladder re-do works out. Gonna be weird to see how it balances out, everyone's base for what each rank "means" is going to be thrown off.

10. Mister Ferro

I gave up on going for Rank 6 last night and stuck with Rank 8. Starting at Rank 12 feels pretty good, I will wait until Team 5 finishes maintenance on Ranked Mode before I start the new season climb.

I received a pack for my daily quest which contained Deathwing!!! I only need 10 more legendaries in Classic; 4 more Class & 6 more Neutrals; to own every legendary.

11. KGB

KGB Headmaster

So when the hell is the expansion coming out?

After two weeks of terrible brawls and the boring ranked I haven't even completed a daily in ages.

12. Mister Ferro

They are either filming or about to film the promotional vid announcing it. I'm thinking they will release the set in early April like Un'Goro last year.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Yeah, I'm massively off brawls too. Even with the free packs I just can't ever be bothered.

I saw people doing what looked like a Wild Legendary Brawl thing? Was that a 1k buy-in too? If so I hate that. I'm saving for packs before an xpac, giving a mode that can conceivably nuke your resources right before a launch seems super skeezy.

Unless it wasn't, in which case derp.

14. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

It was 150g buy-in, if I remember right. I never played it myself though, just saw a couple videos from Kripparian about it.

15. Oment

150g buy-in, first one free. I got 7-3 twice, pretty okay with that.

16. Mister Ferro

Be Ready to Brave The Witchwood
    [​IMG]

Into the Wood!
    Join the city’s bravest heroes as they embark on a hunt for the source of a dreadful curse! Whatever lurks in the heart of the Witchwood will soon discover that it has bitten off more than it can chew, for the people of Gilneas bite back.

The Witchwood is a hair-raising expansion for Hearthstone that includes 135 all-new cards!

For a limited time after The Witchwood arrives, log in to claim three card packs and a random Class legendary card—both from the expansion—for free!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

New Keywords: Echo & Rush - Echo is the Unstable Evolution mechanic. Rush is Charge but can only attack minions on the turn they are played.

[​IMG]

The Thrill of the Hunt
    In The Witchwood’s challenging single-player mode, Monster Hunt*, Gilneas’ veteran monster hunters are called to cleanse the forest of its darkness. Similar to the Dungeon Run from Kobolds & Catacombs, players will defeat bosses and collect their bounties to build a deck that will keep them alive as they stalk their quarry deeper and deeper into The Witchwood.

* Starts 2 weeks after Witchwood launch.

[​IMG]

17. KGB

KGB Headmaster

First card releases are coming on the 26th.

There goes any hope they would forego the cocktease part of the new expansion experience this time.

I just want the freaking ice block gone from this game sooooo badly.

18. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Drafted a pretty good deck after the arena changes today. I've only had time to play 1 game so far. I'm hoping to go 12-2 with this desk.

I'm not sure if I got very lucky, or if the arena changes are just that drastic and everybody's power level has gone up in arena.

Even if I get demolished in early game, at some point I should be able to stabilize with Arcane Artificer and Blizzards.

1x Arcane Anomoly
    1x Arcane Artificer
    1x Breath of Sindragosa
    1x Elven Archer
    1x Lesser Ruby Spellstone
    1x Primordial Glyph
    1x Scorpomatic
    1x Shimmering Tempest
    1x Earthen Ring Farseer
    1x Manic Soulcaster
    1x potion of polymorph
    1x Cursed Diciple
    1x Eater of Secrets
    1x Steam Surger
    2x Water Elemental
    1x Cabalist's Tome
    1x Cobalt Scalebane
    3x Polymorph: ???
    5x Blizzard
    1x Firelands Portal
    1x Flamestrike
    2x Ysera

19. Gengar

High Score:
    That was quick...

I don't like these cards, they make the legendaries infinitely less interesting when you force must-play cards into their decks.

'Must-play' might be debatable, maybe. The priest one seems kinda meh. The others are insane though. [​IMG]

20. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

The priest one is the best one of the lot man, easily. It means from turn 5 onward, once you play a minion, that minion is basically guaranteed to trade for some combination of premium removal and/or at least two minions of roughly equivalent mana cost. It's value for days, head and shoulders above the other three.

Those are pretty decent too (don't get me wrong, a 5 mana primordial drake, even without the board clear, is nuts), but they don't come close to the glitter moth.

Edit:
    Actually, this brings up an interesting question. Do 0-mana cards count as odd or even for this mechanic?