1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

This might be the worst expansions yet tbh.

Between secret hunter/mage being decks that exist on ladder and control warrior I haven't played ranked at all and with the brawl being what it is this week I haven't played at all since last wednesday.

I hope to hear of Dr. Booms hofing soon, or I might not even come back .

2. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's funny because, as a rogue only player, it's pretty easy to out value control warrior (lol Boom. Okay. Have 20 Tesses...).

That Murlock Paladin bullshit though? Ugh. It reminds me so much of Barns into Y'Shaarj. You high roll, you win.

I'm hoping Frost Nova, Brawl, Divine Spirit and Inner Fire get HoF.

3. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

I hit rank 10 (first time in a long while) on the backs of Quest Rogue and Token Druid.

Standard format -- Tokeen Druid

2x (1) Acornbearer
    1x (1) Floop's Glorious Gloop
    1x (2) Dendrologist
    2x (2) Dreamway Guardians
    2x (2) Power of the Wild
    2x (3) BEEEES!!!
    2x (3) Blessing of the Ancients
    2x (3) Landscaping
    2x (3) Savage Roar
    2x (4) Garden Gnome
    2x (4) Soul of the Forest
    1x (5) Anubisath Defender
    2x (5) Force of Nature
    1x (5) Treespeaker
    1x (5) Zilliax
    1x (6) Hidden Oasis
    2x (8) The Forest's Aid
    2x (9) Mulchmuncher

AAECAZICBsX9AqCAA9WDA7SJA8iiA++iAwz9Au0D9wPmBd/7Ar/9AsOUA86UA8qcA9OcA6+iA+2iAwA=

4. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

[​IMG]

/thread

(He played Token, I didn't find my clear.)

5. Mister Ferro

Blizzcon hearthstone news:

Descent of Dragons

NEW GAME MODE:
    [​IMG]
    Welcome to Hearthstone Battlegrounds, the brand-new auto-battling game mode that introduces a fresh, strategic, 8-player experience to Hearthstone. In Battlegrounds, you’ll take on the role of a familiar Hero straight out of Hearthstone history, craft a powerful board of recruited Minions, and face-off in an action-packed series of duels until a single winner is crowned!

6. Niez

Niez Competition Winner CHAMPION ⭐⭐

Even card games are trying to get on the battle royale train nowadays it seems.

7. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

Nah. This is Blizzard's answer to Teamfight Tactics and Dota Underlords, in much the same way Heroes of the Storm was their answer to League of Legends and Dota 2. They're a bit faster to the mark this time around, getting in before the genre fully calcifies unlike with HotS, so they might actually be able to make something of this. Remains to be seen if the quality will be sufficient to attract those audiences though.

8. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I think there'll probably be some potential for competition. HotS was years too late to make an impact, but Brawlers are new enough.

First impression of the streams that went on for a bit was information overload, but it looks fun.

Still wish they hadn't given up on tournament mode.

9. Gengar

High Score:
    I actually respect them having their own actually unique take on the genre. This ain't a clone like HOTS is, it's taking the principals and putting them in the Hearthstone engine. Honestly, it looks like it could be a very complex tavern brawl. I didn't expect it to be able to fit in so well.

I watched Toast's vid, so dunno what perspective you guys got it from, but I pretty much picked it up instantly. Monsters attack from left to right (targets random), but respect taunts.

It's also way easier to add/rotate cards than heroes in other autobattler games, given the cards aren't actually changed from the main game (though some new ones are added).

10. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

Yeh, battlegrounds is actually hella fun right now. But I'm only around 5000~ rating, I hear it gets grindy and dull the higher up you go with people playing super aggressive to get that top 4 finish.

Standard is however a hellish nightmare from which there is no escape.

11. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

Set reveal finished, set is....very strong, which isn't too surprising for the last set of the year, since it has the lowest amount of time til rotate out.

Things I like: Dragons. Sidequests. Pure/no neutral Paladin as a concept. Evolve rotating back to wild.

Things I don't like: Overall strength of set. Dragonmaw Poacher existing.

Things I don't know what I feel: Galakrond cards. I do like that they're trying to improve/expand on hero cards as a concept and have them more of a ramping thing/more deckbuilding restriction and less of a win the game when drawn aspect, with infinite value hero powers, but think I need to see them in play before I really have much opinion.

Things I'll probably do instead of play too much constructed: Play battlegrounds.

12. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

Anyone else been playing constructed? I've been playing more than I ever have. Shaman is obviously completely broken but all the highlander decks are really fun to play, especially Druid and Mage IMO. I rather dislike seeing pirate warrior again strong as ever, but I've learned to live with it.

13. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, it's fun enough. Shaman is stupid, and I'm disappointed that they let it launch so badly that they had to announce nerfs two days into the expansion. Something that bad shouldn't have gotten through, and it's not like they didn't know that Shaman was already over the top.

Dragons are awesome.

14. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

I thought we'd renamed the game to Shamanstone...

Highlander Hunter is as amusing as ever though.

15. Hymnsicality

Hymnsicality Seventh Year

I've been playing a lot of wild recently, with snip snap warlock gone the meta is a lot more fun. Everyone seems to be living out their wildest value fantasies.

And of course aggro gets stomped into the ground by reno + ice block + Zola which is always fun.

16. Mister Ferro

I've played a shit ton of Treant Druid plus Clear the Way Quest Hunter. As for Galakrond decks, Zoo all the way for me.

I tried both Highlander & Elemental Mage as I opened most of the Mage stuff yet I suck playing the class.

17. Mister Ferro

Huge spoiler leaks ahead of the reveal stream tomorrow.

Here is the link if any are interested.

18. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I finally hit Legend. Only took me, what, 6 years of intermittent playing? #worth

19. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

App hasn’t worked on my iPad for the last 10 days or so. Dunno what to do about it. Tried reinstalling.

Congrats on Legend!

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Mine still works, but it's buggy as hell on my android phone. Particularly in the new adventure. My client also never 'reconnects' if you come back from sleep.