1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Had a bunch of those "play 20 beasts" type of quests accumulated, went into casual to clear them and kept running into nothing but net decks.

What the hell? Why is even casual filled with pirate warrior and buffadin scum? If they have gone through the trouble of putting together the best decks in the meta why not just play them on fucking ranked and earn some rewards from the chests...

2. Tehlaziboi

Tehlaziboi Ninja Meido

For me it's murlocs, particularly murloc paladin. Doesn't help that the new gagetzan cards are really good for buffing up cheap minions. Makes grinding through daily quests a bigger chore than usual.

3. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Buffadin? Lol... It's okay, I guess...

4. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

Jade does suck massive balls.

5. Paragon

Paragon First Year

High Score:
    Personally when I am learning a new deck, I play a few games in casual until I feel like I've learned how to really play the deck, then I take it to ladder. I'm sure a lot of people are doing this this early on in the expansion.

6. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Someone made Hearthstone versions of the first 151 Pokémon. Some are quite imbalanced (for better or worse), but it's a great gallery with some superb attention to the character of the Pokémon involved.

7. Gengar

High Score:
    This is great. The ones I love:

Blastoise
    Ninetales aka miniCthun
    Persian turning Rogue coins into innervates, lol
    Gengar is an awesome idea. Too bad it isn't Rogue, would love it in Mill. Speaking of Mill Rogue, Koffing + Weezing :p
    Lol @ Marowak in Pirate Warrior

Articuno actually looks super interesting. And Broken. Ultimate Anti Jade Druid, lol

8. Ashan

Ashan Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

If you managed to keep Kangaskhan alive for one turn, played a second then equality, you'd have two 6/1 immune minions on the board.

9. Zeelthor

Zeelthor Scissor Me Timbers

I'm really enjoying drawing a perfect hand against pirate-warrior and still getting utterly stomped. Fucking pirate warrior. On the bright side, I beat almost all of the control decks. N'zoth/C'thun/Jade-rogue ftw. :p

10. Gengar

High Score:
    That Rogue list is just super greedy. You'll only ever win against control decks.

There's a limit to how much greed you can have, but i hate how clever combo decks can never prosper because aggro is disproportionately powerful to counter Reno.

11. Gengar

High Score:
    Jesus, did anyone else watch the NA vs Ch tournament day 1?

I dunno, it just feels like China is getting the nuts in like every game, their coach even had Finja on 5 in every one of his pally OTK matches! JZ top decking Dragonfire to win the game, and his MR Shaman drawing Hex and ALL of his AoE before turn 5 against aggro shaman. Perfect Kazakus potions, Reno mage drawing Reno, block, babbling book into a second volcanic potion to clear a stealthed auctioneer and QA - all that against Miracle Rogue...

I dunno, I was getting super frustrated.

There's a part of me that desperately wants Reynad and Chakki to reverse sweep, not because I care at all for NA, but JZ just fanning himself in the last game after drawing the nuts against aggro shaman... Super annoying.

12. TheKidd

TheKidd Squib

That's why hearthstone is just hard to watch for me, the luck can just swing games so hard sometimes that no amount of skill can prevent crushing loses.

13. Gengar

High Score:
    Draw luck is acceptable, but the BM fanning yourself, not even acknowledging you've had the nuts every game is next level shithousery.

14. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Apparently playing Onyxia on an empty board against Sacred Trial gets Onyxia killed.

Huh.

15. Mathemagician

Mathemagician First Year

Battlecry triggers before it's actually on the board, so you have 6 minions and then she comes into play. That is what the Sacred Trial sees.

It is an interesting interaction, I must admit.

16. Brandonito

Brandonito Squib

I hate pirate warriors so much. All of my decks have weapon destroyers and taunts just so I can have a high win rate against them even if it harms me in other match-ups.

17. Gengar

High Score:
    Eh. Warriors and Shamans make up the majority of ladder. And taunts like SRBruiser are great against Druids and Priests.

As for mages, any minion is good, it forces removal.

18. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Trump's opponent distribution on the final day, lol.

[​IMG]

There should be a balance announcement soon, I hope? Veiled comments by streamers seem to indicate that something's going to be happening since Winter Prelims are going to be set?

19. KGB

KGB Headmaster

What rank are you? I'd trade my endless parade of reno locks for those shamans any day

20. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

So, Pirates got minorly nerfed, and Arena changes came through. Because of that, I decided to go finish my 2-0 Paladin arena I had lying around.

12-2.

[​IMG]

Also something about dinosaurs and Un'goro, but eh, boooooriiiing.