1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Hearthstone thread.

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Oz, Nov 16, 2013.

1. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Grats Rehio!

Un'Goro is so far shaping to be the best expansion, quest rogue aside.

Moreover, this week's brawl is honest to god great and fun. Not gimmicky at all, presenting you with fully fledged decks that make use of new mechanics and don't rely on super aggro, super control or any other extreme like most decks we usually see. Un'goro archetypes, etc.

2. Eidolonic

Eidolonic Supreme Mugwump

I'm floating between 2 and 3 and trying to decide if I want to push for legend or no.

I'm busy the next week or two, but...

3. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Hmm climbing the ladder after this reset has brought me up against a bunch of agroo druids. So far 10-0. It's such a strange deck, lose board once and you're done. Why is it so damn popular? Midrange hunter appears to be just as cheap and far more effective.

4. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    It's popular because it's the direct counter to quest rogues, which is why those have reduced in number.

5. diesIovis

diesIovis Seventh Year

Isn't hunter the same? I haven't lost against a quest rogue with it, though not like I'm high on ladder so maybe they're just bad.

6. Rehio

High Score:
    Hunter counters quest rogue as well, yeah, but it loses out to some of the other popular decks more than aggro druid does.

Aggro Druid has a lot of different openings that create an instant loss for the opponent, like Innervate + Fledgling that can end the game on turn two. Even if you get a bad opening or are beaten early, Living Mana provides an instant swing turn that brings you back into the game and can win it straight out if your opponent doesn't have a counter available.

There's also a bit of a bonus in that Druid has two popular archetypes with Jade Druid coming back into play, and both require completely separate mulligans to face. You get the potential advantage of your opponent preparing to face the exact opposite of your planned style.

7. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I just had the funniest game in 3 years of hearthstone. I'm playing Exodia mage, priest opens with double light well and priest of the feast, next turn he follows up with a soulpriest.

So I ping the POTF. It dies next turn. Turn after that I ping his face and freeze the board. He was helpless as the lightwells fireballed his face each turn.

Finally on turn 9 he drew a circle and cleared his board, but by then he was on 1 HP. I drew glpyh into fireball on that turn and won. I was literally laughing out loud by the end.

He did not accept my friend request.

8. Oment

Oment The Betrayer DLP Supporter

Why would you dump the Soulpriest on the board when you have Lightwells up? Or a PotF, for that matter. That just seems stupid.

My improvised-for-a-quest Evolve Shaman might not win consistently vs stuff like Quest Rogue, but damn if it isn't fun to just devolve a board full of taunts when the Warrior goes wide.

9. KGB

KGB Headmaster

Has the meta stabilized back to agrro decks? The last 3 days I have gotten nothing but pirate warrior, aggro druid and rush versions of hunter.

Not that I've played too much. I quit rather quickly after facing 3-4 aggro decks in a row.

10. Gengar

Gengar Degenerate Shrimp –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    First: lol, wait until you go against quest rogue.

Second: not really? Pirate won't stop being strong until it loses cards. You can run Golaka Crawler, but that just makes it an issue of having it in hand or not.

Midrange Paladin, control mage/priest, jade druid, freeze mage, taunt warrior, n'zoth pally and silence priest are all v strong too. That's just off the top of my head.

11. KGB

KGB Headmaster

I saw plenty of those climbing, but now at rank five it's been nothing but aggro. Like the same 3-4 decks for close to a week now.

12. stormfury

stormfury Unspeakable

I've been playing Murloc Paladin, and it's a bunch of fun

13. Skykes

In arena at 5 wins 2 losses, Paladin does a smugglers run on turn 6 to buff his entire hand(6 cards). I'm shitting my pants at this stage, until the 9/9 Hydra comes out.

Volcano for lethal next turn.

He did not accept my friend request.

14. ApicNexie

ApicNexie Squib

High Score:
    I'm feeling like Priest is the most undervalued arena class right now. Its competing for the third spot with paladin and that is just because of spikeridge steed, but you still get those insane PW:S and talonpriest drafts and with free from amber and mind control you ensure premium late game almost every time, so I think priest is slightly ahead.

I had a 12 win run with warrior just the other day, but in my opinion are all classes besides rogue, mage, priest and paladin only borderline playable.

15. Skykes

What was your deck with 12 win on warrior?

16. Gengar

High Score:
    Secret to going twelve wins:

Don't run into a mage with more than one Meteor.

Played 4 games in a row with opponents having Prince Malchazar. Didn't matter. I had 3 Meteors.

17. Rehio

High Score:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Look at this stupid arena deck.

If this doesn't go 12 wins.. Well, I probably ran into a bunch of paladins with Spikeridge. Even then, though.

18. Mister Ferro

Mister Ferro High Inquisitor

19. KGB

KGB Headmaster

He looked so excited to announce that. But since I've started playing gwent I can't see the hs pack policy as nothing but money grubbing bullshit and this changes nothing about it.

20. Gengar

High Score:
    Lol. One day (read: never) when Gwent becomes the most popular digital ccg, we'll see how competitive they are with pricing when new games start coming out and undercutting them to get popularity...