1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jibril, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Heavy Rain - dark noir thriller game.

Set in 2011, in an unnamed US city terrorized by a serial killer. The players control four characters to unravel the mystery and save the last potential victim.

Anyone waiting for it? From the demo and the trailers it looks good. We can kill all the characters and still see one of th possible endings.

2. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

Mm yeah. Probably going to be one of the best PS3 games made. They've been working on this for a long ass time, too. Vash came in his pants the first time I linked it to him, like a year back, I think.

3. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Times like this I want a PS3 instead of a 360. Tempted to buy one for this game..

4. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ...holy shit I'm happy I bought a PS3. I am definitely picking this up.

5. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

>_> Considering I've followed Quantic Dreams work on this since the PS2 came out... UNTRUE! D:

Just fucking nice to see this shit finally close to a release. And yeah... I'll be getting it.

Check out Indigo Prophecy if you haven't yet. Same company. Awesome story too. Hopefully it'll be an indicator of the quality of this.

6. Krogan

High Score:
    Got it, played it, loved it, I know people came down on it kind of hard because of the quick time events but the story was engaging enough to me that I still enjoyed the hell out of it. This game also reminds me of Condemned a bit.

7. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Loved Indigo Prophecy, in all it's crazy glory.
    The review from IGN gives me great hope that Quantic Dreams has shit out another diamond.
    And from all the news I've seen of Heavy Rain, I'm so excited. I just can't hide it.

8. Klimpen

Klimpen First Year

9. artenry

artenry Guest

10. Antivash

11. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

Sex would be nice?

Didn't these guys make Fahrenheit btw?

12. Antivash

See Wiki Article Below. Indigo Prophecy = Fahrenheit.

13. Jjf88

Jjf88 Auror

I wants a PS3 now..

Fuck...

God damn it May can't come soon enough..

14. Antivash

Picked it up today, and just spent about three hours playing. So far, I really like this shit. Actors are top notch, much like they were in Fahrenheit/Indigo Prophecy.

Stories pretty unique too. First chapter really gets sympathy points for one of the characters, Ethan. Also, playing an old, asthmatic, fat PI and beating the crap out of a wanna-be pimp was fun. :awesome

Walking controls are ... slightly sluggish, but outside of that, I've not really had any kind of issue with them. Camera is ..eh. You get your standard view, and if camera gets blocked by a person or a wall, L1 flips to a different view, and eventually you get to see all of the field, but it could have been done a lot better, honestly.

Not really an action-y game, but if you like drama-type shit, definitely a must get game. 8D

15. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Yeah, I've seen the demo, kind of silly... you can't even leave your house without putting some clothes on - that's what made me disappointed about this game. Its selling point is its interactive story... yet you're still kind of boxed in.

Friend of mine says, "it's like driving a fork lift," lol.

I like the permise of Heavy Rain - it's basically a modern adventure game, but... I'm not so impressed by the execution. I'd rather play Grim Fandango or something.

16. Antivash

Yeah. It really is like driving a fork lift. :|

And honestly, if you only looked at the execution of the game, yea, its not really anything innovative, unique, or even awesome. Its basically Simon Says with a story to it. But the story is utterly and completely awesome.

That said,

Ethan/Madison & Scott/Lauren OTPs. ;)

17. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

Holy mother of plotholes, Batman.

Anyway, the rest is awesome; specially the first three quarters of the story and how you can play a completely different game even with the smallest of changes, though Farenheit was a better directed game, IMO.

18. Krogan

High Score:
    Played it, Beat it, Loved the fuck out of it. While the controls may be a bit clunky the story more than makes up for it if you ignore a couple bits of plot hole.

For instance what was the point of Ethans blackouts? Before I got to the end what I really assumed had been going was that Ethan was Johns brother and John had actually survived that night. This would account for the blackouts and the dreams of drowning kids. He had to watch his brother drown so it heavily damaged his psyche and his brother wanted revenge for Ethan failing to save him. That would have made much more sense to me than Scott.

Also what was the significance of the railroad tracks? I got the orchids, I got the Origami, I got the rainwater but what was the point of placing the bodies near railroad tracks?

Anyways suffice to say I'm working on play through two and will be making many different choices just to see where things go.

19. Sesc

Sesc Slytherin at Heart Moderator

They made the opening(?) of the game playable on YouTube. And now I hate you all.

Well, all of you with a PS3, anyway.

No shit for PC? FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

20. Jibril

Jibril Headmaster

Got it and beat it. The story is very good and the twist on the Origami Killer left me dumbfounded.

My money's on it that they will explain it in Heavy Rain Chronicles that you can download from PSN.

My story. Saved the kid. Ethan, Madison and Norman survived. Scott did not. Lauren was unhappy. And Norman got rid of the drugs but still got hallucinations of tanks riding on his real life desk - and that scene was crazy :awesome