1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heavy Rain

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jibril, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Krogan,

Big ass plot hole, that's the only reason. None of the endings explains why. Ugh, they're probably going to DLC the plot hole.

I also got the free DLC for preordering the game. Does nothing to add to the story, other than flesh out Madison's character a tad bit more.

2. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

So, I just finished what might be the most rage inducing gameplay moment I have ever had.

At the point in the game where Ethan has to crawl through that tunnel full of glass, the controls and camera work were so bad that my outraged roar grabbed my roommates attention. I spent fucking TWENTY FIVE MINUTES trying to make my character turn FUCKING LEFT at an intersection. Would he turn left? FUCK NO. He would either just head STRAIGHT INTO A GODDAMN WALL, or more likely, do a total 180 turn, and then REFUSE TO TURN BACK FOR HALF A MINUTE WHEN I TRIED TO MAKE HIM.

Seriously, I don't understand how anyone could enjoy this game. The camera work is terrible, the walking feature is pathetic. I've played Indigo Prophecies, and that game was MUCH better in terms of control and design than this. The only thing Heavy Rain has going for it are the graphics, and even those aren't anything to write home about compared to other PS3 titles.

Also, I had the ending spoiled. Thank god, now I can return this POS to gamestop and pretend it never existed.

3. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Haha you and me both bro.

Fuck this shit stain and the diseased flea infested horse it rode in with.

Edit: My 600th post was wasted on this failure of a game. Damn you JohnthePyro. Damn you. ;.;

4. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

I'm in ur DLPz, messin' with ur postz.

Just replayed the glass tunnel, just raged again. Honestly, I don't understand how this game can be so good and so bad at the same time. The action scenes are fucking excellent, and that driving piece was honestly the best use of the six axis function I've ever seen. It was heart pounding and memorable, and I really enjoyed it.

It just seems that anything OUT of the QTE is fucking straight out of the alpha stage of testing. The fixed camera positions are fucking terrible, you get hung up on EVERYTHING when you walk, oh and you can't RUN! It's so frustrating chasing some kid, yelling out "JASON", while your fucking character refuses to MOVE FASTER.

returning to gamestop now, going to buy something that can actually back up it's story with good gameplay.

5. Mindless

Mindless Big Boss DLP Supporter

Made it through the glass tunnel first try and never once had a problem. You may be just controller-retarded. I've only ever one time had control problems, and that's the fucking Sixaxis shit where I never see it coming and almost fail constantly. Other than that, it's simple.

6. JohnThePyro

JohnThePyro Headmaster

That, or it's a well known issue for more than a few gamers.

7. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I've got to be honest, I never had that problem once ever, it worked just fine for me. Not that I liked it but I had nothing resembling the problems your talking about.