1. Hey Guest, welcome back to DLP

As you can see, we've changed our look. We've migrated from vBulletin to the Xenforo forum system. There may be issues or missing functionality, if you find anything or have feedback, please check out the new Xenforo Migration Feedback forum.

Our dark ("Dark Lord Potter") theme is under heavy development. We also have a light ("Light Lord Potter") theme for those happier with a light background and darker text.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest! Are you any good at cooking? Got a favourite recipe that you love to cook or bring out to impress that special someone? Why not share it! A new forum called The Burrow has opened and it's all about homemaking!

Oneshot Hedwig and the Goblet of Fire by Meteoricshipyards - T

Discussion in 'Humor' started by vlad, Mar 24, 2010.

1. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

I liked it. Its funny for a short one shot. :D

4/5

2. Memory King

Memory King Order Member DLP Supporter

This one is a solid 4/5 IMO. Situations pushing believability in some points though, but the fic works because it was never supposed to be serious.

3. Hugo

Hugo Second Year

TIme waste wise: totally worth it. This fic is only meant to be read when you have nothing to do and are a moron/retard like me who's procrastinating at exam time-5/5.

4. potterheadcharles

potterheadcharles Third Year

Title: Hedwig and the Goblet of Fire
    Author: Meteoricshipyards
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: Harry/Parvati
    Summary: Harry uses Hedwig to test the restrictions on the Goblet of Fire. Obviously, they're not good enough to stop the smartest owl in Britain!

FanFiction.Net

So, basically Harry puts Hedwig's name in the goblet and she is selected as the fifth champion. And lo and behold, she crushes her competitors!

I laughed quite a bit during this oneshot at not only Hedwig's antiques but Harry's as well. His thought processes aren't in league with the canon Harry, and it works here for the better.

5/5 from me.

5. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery Prestige

High Score:
    6/5.

Probably library worthy. A quick, humorous (completely crack) fic that will take you about ten minutes to read and will put a smile on your face.

6. dmacx

dmacx Groundskeeper

The only way to describe this is "cute". 5/5

7. Invictus

Invictus Heir

It made me smile all the way. Many flaws, but it does it job and I do like crack fics. A 3.5 rounded up to 4.

8. Genghiz Khan

Genghiz Khan Auror

4/5 I didn't laugh at all, but it was a good crackfic. A really good crackfic.

9. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    In the words of HoS, it was... okay. Didn't laugh, or even particularly smile, but I did blink in a appreciation a few times. And you can't go wrong with Harry/Parvati/Padma in the Prefect's Bath.

The problem is that the humour is all in the premise here. Once you've finished the first scene (which is very good), the rest of he fic is merely an extension of the same joke.

3/5.

10. Newcomb

Newcomb Headmaster

Pretty much agree with this. 3/5 from me - it doesn't have that "wow" factor that I look for in an excellent humor/crack fic. Definitely worth reading; it's short, there are some good lines. Like Taure, I thought the first scene was the best - some great banter-y lines between Harry and Hermione.

11. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    rofl/5

Yes please.

12. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box Prestige

High Score:
    My review first time this was put up for review. Successfully, it seems, since the old thread is in Humour.

13. Anarchy

Anarchy Prisoner DLP Supporter

I honestly thought this was already in the library, and I guess Shinsavage's comment confirms it. I remember reading it awhile ago, and a quick reread has reminded me what I thought.

Story is good for a laugh, but nothing mindblowing, since it's about 2 words long. There's probably more words in this thread than there is actual content, so nothing really to get excited over.

14. CheddarTrek

CheddarTrek Set Phasers to Melt Moderator DLP Supporter

Fun. It's not a 5/5 in my opinion, because there just isn't enough to it (and I don't only mean because of word count), but I do think it should slide into the library. 4/5

15. Mordart

Mordart Sixth Year

I still want to know how the hell hedwig knew mermish. Also, Bacon is the universal currency of the universe. 3/5 for length and lack of detail

16. Nuhuh

Nuhuh Dastardly Shadow Admin Moderator

Very amusing and I really like this story's Harry as well. 4/5.

17. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah, this totally slipped under my radar... I merged the threads.

18. Reptile3607

Reptile3607 Third Year

Hm... Reading some of the reviews:

I now want to see both of these ideas in a sequel ;-)