1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Oneshot Heir to the Weasley throne by Xayne - T

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Lord Osiris, Feb 23, 2006.

1. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Title: Heir to the Weasley Throne
    Author: Xayne
    Rating: T
    Genre: Humor
    Pairing: Harry/Pansy
    Summary: [AU] In Harry's sixth year, he begins preparing for Voldemort in earnest. He finds escape in the form of a competition hosted by the Weasley twins to crown the best prankster at Hogwarts, and comfort in the arms of an unexpected girl.

Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1975304/1/

A fic i haven't seen posted here, thought it was quite good as well. Powerful harry, independent and also in training. More humor then any other Genre though.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I read this ages ago. I cant even remember most of it. It was pretty funny but I didnt like how she went back to Malfoy in the end.

3. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

i dont like the pairing normally but when pansy goes back to malfoy it sucks, otherwise decent but not really impressive..

4. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

Bah. This shits boring. Harry feels all bad for Malfoy breaking up with Gin-slut? He's too nice. I woulda bitch slapped Ron if he ignored me to stare at Hermione all day like that.

*Sigh* I kept reading a bit, Jesus, Pansy is a major slut and Harry falls for her?

5. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

*vomits*

6. oldmagic

oldmagic Seventh Year

wow. that is the kinda shit i don;t like to read. it's just too akward. i couldn't bare to read that anylonger.

7. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Huh. I'm not really sure why this is in Humor/Parody. I read half of it, and there's not a single laugh to be had. The focus is solely on Harry vs. Draco in quidditch and Harry becoming close to Pansy while they serve detention together. There's a prank war, but even that isn't played for laughs.

I'd say that 'General' or 'Romance' is more appropriate, but I don't think this belongs in the library at all. It's flat-out boring.

2/5

8. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I agree about the lack of humor; it's too dark and cynical to live there.

I read this awhile back--it's a very old piece for HP fanfiction, if I remember right--and feel it's "almost recommended" if put into context with the times, when even contemplating such a pairing was the height of avant garde. Compared with modern pieces, where Harry/Pansy is no longer taboo and Harry/Slytherin is the new fad, it's truly nothing special. I'll probably give it a 3/5 because I think it's closer to 2.5/5 and my vote will average out to that with Darklordmike's ballot.

9. Korisovra

Korisovra Headmaster

It was okay. Barely even interesting. A few parts here and there stand out, but over-all this is a forgettable piece that barely makes the grade. 3.5/5