1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Help with Ban? No reason given, unaware of what to do.

Discussion in 'Site Related Support' started by Carlosedu1, Nov 11, 2015.

1. Carlosedu1

Carlosedu1 Squib

Uh, Jon nearly banned from the forums earlier today as well because he thought I was lying... Not the best of impressions, I suppose. I didn't describe my situation as well as now, anyway.

---------- Post automerged at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

Jon Narf Okay, here it goes. Hopefully they'll see this.

2. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    Dw, Jon is a massive teddy bear when you get to know him. I had a very enlightening therapy session with him to resolve my issues with WalkingDisaster. Who is now my best friend.

Narf is just a giant tsundere. I'm sure when you calmly talk this out with him he will unban you and never bring this up again. He isn't the type to hold a grudge.

3. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Can confirm. Same thing happened with me. WalkingDisaster is also my best friend now.

4. Curry Potter

Curry Potter Second Year

Can you two fuckwits stop stealing my best friend away from me?

5. Aerylife

Aerylife Not Equal

High Score:
    ... I thought that Luckylee faggot was your best friend?

6. Curry Potter

Curry Potter Second Year

Fuck that guy. I only call him that because you guys keep stealing WalkingDisaster away from me.

7. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Carlosedu1 :

Hi. I wasn't there when you got banned, nor were any of the other members of staff you've contacted as far as I know - but luckily for you I'm an elite detective. ;)

It appears you were annoying other members and staff in IRC by constantly interrupting a political discussion with inane comments and trying to force the topic onto what you talked about, with no respect for other members.

Obviously that's not great for the discussion, which is why you were temporarily banned by Narf. You'll get to be unbanned again to enjoy IRC in all of its splendor if he feels it's time. Please try to be more respectful towards other members in future.

I do appreciate your straightforwardness about asking why you were banned, but for future reference please try to be a little more patient when contacting staff.

It's a better idea to only contact only one to avoid bothering everyone, and wait until they respond. Your best bet is to discuss things in a PM with whoever banned you - apologise and try to improve the behaviour that got you banned in the first place.

It sounds like you didn't know that Narf was the one who banned you, which is fair enough. The forum leaders page lists the mods you can contact in that event. I would leave our glorious overlord Syed be, though - poor soul is overworked as it is.

8. BTT

BTT Viol̀e͜n̛t͝ D̶e͡li͡g҉h̛t҉s̀ ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    TiltedForever, I'm shocked!
    I'd have thought our new Tolerance Policies would have made it so that horrible, horrible word would no longer disgrace our forums. They're for everyone, after all!
    Now, whoever this Luckylee is, I'm sure xir isn't so bad xhe can only be referred to by this kind of slur.
    At least put a Trigger Warning before it, please!

9. Carlosedu1

Carlosedu1 Squib

Thanks, Palindrome. I was not aware of my nuisance at the time, and I apologize for that. I shall contact Narf and apologize as well. I just got desperate at the moment and wasn't aware of what to do. Thanks for taking your time :)

---------- Post automerged at 22:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:32 ----------

Apparently, though, the reason I've been banned is because I was interrupting the discussion too much. Not just yesterday, but in general... I was constantly trying to bring up topics I wanted to discuss and not give much space to others... Narf noticed it and banned me for my nuisance. I really had no idea I was being such a pain. In fact, I remember apologizing in the chat whenever I felt I was bothering anyone... perhaps I just made it worse. :/

Narf, if you read this, I'm truly sorry for my behavior. I was not aware I was being a burden in the chat, thus I never meant to cause any trouble. I was wrong, I'm sorry.

10. newageofpower

newageofpower Professor DLP Supporter