1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Here I Come by Dark Syaoran - M

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Dark Syaoran, Oct 19, 2005.

1. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

Giovanni approves of this story.

Giovanni also believes that Dark Syaoran should be awarded the Order of Merlin 1st Class for even attempting to write a half decent Post-HBP story.

2. DaytonDeusBlack

DaytonDeusBlack Seventh Year

Writing post-HBP needs real skill. Hats off to you! :D

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Okay peeps, the fifth chapter (4/5th of it anyway) is in to be beta'd by Mr Midknight. Whenever he is done, I'll add the last 1000 - 1500 words and post it. I think I've taken long enough on this chapter... such a shitty chapter it is too, lol.

4. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

The story has been updated over at FF.Net. Took my sweet time, didnt I? I'll get around to posting it in the 'Work by Author' section soon... maybe in ten minutes.

Edit: It's been posted in the 'Work by Author' section as well now. Now I'm going to get a drink... all this posting has made me thirsty.

5. Thorn

Thorn Professor

Excellent chapter!

Only caught one thing, it's a bit anal of me but little mistakes like this one can be a little embarassing

I think you meant anxious. Sorry if I seem anal. ;^^

Also, gotta love the "fuck off bitch" probably my favriote line of the chapter. God how I wish that tree could've been Ginny.

6. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Good stuff. I'm a little concerned that you made Harry too powerful. In terms of being on par with Dumbledore. I was thinking that he should right now be more on par with someone who is an ELITE auror/hitwizard. LIke he should be able to take on two Kingsley's but with GREAT difficulty, and not with the ease that DUmbledore did in his office during 5th year.

Anyway, that's my opinion. I do LOVE this story.

I can't WAIT for Harry to have it out with the Weasley's. :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

7. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

He isnt as powerful as Dumbledore. Did I say that?... if I did then I dont know what the fuck I was thinking when I wrote it. Harry will get his ass handed to him sometime.

8. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

I figured since he spent so long studying under Dumbledore that he would be pretty powerful. That, and the fact that he is labeled as "Marked as the Dark Lord's Equal".

His knowledge plus his power = as powerful as Dumbledore.

I don't think he needs Dumbledore's training though if he has Salazar's notebooks and stuff from the first chapter.

9. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I liked this chapter...i liked harry's reaction to ginny. I'm gonna go read the whole thing again..*walkes off to read*

10. DGD

DGD Headmaster

Awesome! Now get back to work! :)

11. Stalicon

Stalicon High Inquisitor

liked this chapter as well

12. TheIllusiveOne

TheIllusiveOne Raptured to Hell

After 10 years straight spent in solitary, only training, I think Harry should be almost as powerful as Dumbledore.

13. Giovanni

Giovanni God of Scotch

I disconcur with that statement.

Dumbledore = 150+ years old and has been studying magic his whole life.

Maybe on a sheer power scale they are equal with Harry MAYBE a little ahead, but in terms of knowledge and strategy I give Dumbledore the edge.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Yes. That's it Gio. People seem to forget that Dumbledore has been around along time. Heck, even Voldemort is in his 80's or something. That's a lot more time than Harry has been alive.

Dumbledore would have trained in his younger years to confront Grinnie. Voldemort spent... how many years?... going around the world learning magic.

Harry is powerful, very powerful. Probably one of the most powerful people on the planet. Still, he isnt as powerful as them yet. He's not far off though. That's why he is going into rituals and all that. Even with all his power though, Voldemort and others have been dueling for years. He'll find a way to over come this though.

15. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Riddle travelled for about 15-20 years i think i read somewhere. Anyway liked the chapter i was nearly expecting you to AK the filthy red headed slut off but alas it wasn't to be! (Maybe later ey? :wink: :wink: ) I dont think Harry would be any less better then every death eater at a duel, most of them are no older then Bella and she's number 2 around 30 years they'd be.

16. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

20 years. Then he came back to try to get power.

That was what JK ORIGINALLY planned, but she fucked up the time stream in HBP (his interview took place to early) and she said, reluctantly, that VOldemort returned to teach after 10 years. But her original guess was 20, so take that as you will.

And Dumbledore she said was largely self-taught, as was VOldemort. This she has been consistent on.

My point is that if Dumbledore TAUGHT Harry, rather than Harry having to discover it for himself, he should be able to get the knowledge more quickly. i.e. around half the time. Ten years.

It seems like you're overcomplicating this. Why don't you just have Dumbledore teaching Harry throughout the year.

The duel with Snape was much closer, (as they are about on par with each other) and that's it. That would have been the end of HBP. THen you could continue your story as you saw fit.

17. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

I don't like it...just 20 years for those two to become that strong...unless if they were freakishly talented...it would take them more time...as off...harry shows no talent outside of flying a broom, and DADA...Voldemort and Dumbledore were scholors(sp?)...harry is not...With Dumbledore's help it would take him about 20 years to become that powerful...about 30-40 if he does it on his own...

18. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

fair enough. I'll buy that.

Still, by now he should be "PRETTY good" at Occlumency, transfiguration, etc.

Maybe not be able to invent the potion that VOldemort invented to resurrect himself, or uncover the 12 uses of Dragons blood (or invent Wolfsbane for that matter)

But he should be able to do a lot now. (i.e. speak beat up Snape, who spent MAYBE 5 years studying (not including his school time))

19. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I dont like it how after one year Harry is uber-elite duelest. That's why I did the whole time thingy. He hasnt really dueled much anyway apart from with Dumbledore so his experiance isnt the best. At least he's taken part in a major battle now though.

After HBP it looks like Harry has no chance in hell trying to kill Voldemort. That's why I gave him such a long time. To master Occlumency its self must take quite a few years. Only shit him and Dumbledore didnt touch were Dark Arts and Runes.

Anyway, I'm trying to make the Death Eaters a little stronger than they are in canon. Snape and Rockwood are the two best duelists in Voldemort's army apart from himself and an OC I'll probably bring in. Bealltrix was just a crazy bitch that is powerful but doesnt really duel with technique.

20. Lord Necros

Lord Necros Slug Club Member

Dude why not send harry back to train with grindelwald then come forward and save bella