1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Twisted

Twisted Guest

Lord_Twisted

I'm pretty terribad, but I'd be up for playing with DLPers. Working for the next two weeks though, so don't expect me to be online...

2. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

How're you folks enjoying the game? I've seen Jon on a couple times... 1v1'd TsnLolipop, but other than that haven't heard a peep from DLP members :/ Is the learning curve about where you folks expected? I've been having issues with my PSR being slightly overinflated (Its damn hard to get a game started when you're 1800+), so I might be on PizzaMyHeart account(roomate who gave up on HoN and went to LoL).

Last edited: Aug 19, 2009
  3. shadownin

shadownin Fourth Year

The game is cool, its needs a few more characters though. I'm sick of seeing scout, arachna and magmus in almost every game I play. My only problem is the newer patches seem to have messed up my hon. After every game I have to logout, wait 5 minutes then login else I get a 'no response from server error'.

I've seen Jon all of once, but I think its more because of my timezone. At the moment its 5 in the afternoon and this is normally when I start playing. If my world clock is accurate most people in the USA are either at work/campus and its around 1 or so in the morning in Australia.

4. TSN

TSN Auror

lol xD say I am Terribad. I think I spent too much time trying to find bug/nice Hero to play.

5. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

Yeah, I don't see you on much either. :(

6. smurr79

smurr79 First Year

nick is smurr79, I wouldn't mind a clan, good for helping them test if nothing else.

7. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

I've got the beta....and no idea how to play. If anyone feel like 1v1 and doesn't mind teaching, I'd appreciate it.

8. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

9. DvorakQ

10. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

For some reason I am unable to join games. I join a game, and then it goes to a S2 screen that looks like it should be a loading screen but doesn't have a loading bar. After a few seconds I'll go back to the regular menu and get a message that says "No response from server". Can anyone tell me why this is? I probably just missed some obvious step. Thanks

11. smurr79

smurr79 First Year

The servers go down occasionally, mostly they come back up within 20-30 minutes.

12. ForsakenOne

Just played this game for 12 hours xD, i can say it is insanely addicting. One thing you might wanna do is read up on it prior, or youll get raged on even on noobie servers. The one flaw of this game is mostly the players... waaay too srs. My favourite class is the mad man with his barrel roll skill LOL.

13. Spacks

Spacks Order Member DLP Supporter

dota is srs business brah

14. smurr79

smurr79 First Year

Well it is completely on the internet.

15. Zephyrus

Zephyrus Endlessly Tilting Windmills

Spacks raped me hardcore yesterday.

I was all, "OH HAI THERE LVL 21 ENEMY!~"

He was all, "RAWR! LVL 13 PLAYER IS LUBE ON MY DICK!"

16. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is it still possible to get a Beta Key? They all seem to be given out, will there be another possibility to try this game?

17. ForsakenOne

Probably not, i think its in closed beta now. The only way to get a key is to get an invite from somebody that pre-ordered it.

18. DvorakQ

Nemrut, did you try getting an invite via Facebook? If so, and you haven't gotten an invite, shoot me a pm with your email.

19. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Hey, uh, I sorta figured the only thing I can win is 1v1 sometimes. And only if I have bloodhunter.

But apparently someone playing as scout got mad at me for violating these rules that apparently I was just supposed to know.

Like I'm not supposed to use that stealth detecting eye. >_< I dropped it after he mentioned that, but I apparently messed up again when I was standing behind a rock out of view. Hiding spots or something he said.

But yeah, is there a list of things I'm not supposed to use in 1v1?

20. DvorakQ

Thats bs. You're definitely allowed to use bound eye. Unless he stipulates that rule ahead of time, you were definitely good to go. Most 1v1 games just stipulate that you have to stay in the same lane, everything else is fair game.