1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes of Newerth

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Jon, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

2. Skykes

Open beta has started, ends next Wednesday, then it will cost 30 USD to buy an account.
    I just got 1700 psr at last, I am so very happy. Had 1695 going into a 75 min game. It was a hard earned won considering we had only 1 late game hero and our Glacius was griefing us(using his snare to cancel my ultimate among other things, I was Voodoo Jester)
    [​IMG]

3. Nemrut

Nemrut The Black Mage ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    Is there something special when you earn 1700? I am always swaying between 1400 and 1500, with some games you simply have no chance, no matter how you play.

4. DvorakQ

DvorakQ Seventh Year DLP Supporter

Level of play jumps alot once you pass 1700 psr. You'll definitely see more thought when it comes to forming champion lineups(stronger lane combos, better ultimate synergies,etc), couriers, mia calls, and warding. Ganks are followed up with pushes and you'll see support heros with scores like 1kill/7deaths/15 assists. You'll have less leavers and more afk'ers in the fountain (along with certain douchebags in all-chat telling your current location etc). More people use the Voip which is both good and bad. Good in that they coordinate better, bad in that you get to hear internet toughguys in all their squeaky glory. Games are generally shorter as well which is nice, but it is more stressful as people take the game more seriously in the higher psr range.

5. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

I am stuck at 1740ish, been their for around a month :p. On another note the new hero is pretty awesome, its an original hero that resembles tinker, and its ult is awesome.

FEAR THE CHIPREL!

6. Nemrut

High Score:
    I don't think I will hit 1700 anytime soon, that would mean winning like 20-30 games without losing once and that is kind of impossible.

Anyone know when the BETA will end and the game will be out for sale?

7. Wildfeather

Wildfeather The Nidokaiser ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    You know, i signed onto HoN and played a few games. I didn't see a new hero, is it actually in the game and i'm blind?

8. ForsakenOne

Pre-beta test client, where they test new patches and heroes before releasing to the public. You can download it from their irc channel.

9. Nemrut

High Score:
    So, HoN is officially released. Has anyone on DLP bought it?

10. Skykes

I have. And "The-Dead-Guy" has, I think that is Shezza, or Jon.

11. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

That is Shezz, however I bought the game before you guys, iirc. :p

12. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I do have it.

TheDeadGuy - look me up if you want a game. I'm generally open to SD and AR modes. I rarely play EM anymore. I'm average, not too shabby but I've never breached the 1700 barrier.

13. Skykes

After it retail and my psr dropped I had some serious bad luck in 1500 games. Dropped down to 1450, but I'm on the climb again, 1505 as of 2 am today.

I HIGHLY recommend playing BP/BD modes. No more stupid losses due to heroes like Zephyr.

Engineer is my favourite hero right now, his stun kicks ass. He syngenesis well with any hero early game. If you are in a lane with anybody with a disable then you are getting kills early.

14. Havoc

Havoc Seventh Year

Bought hon about a month ago, My psr stays at a stead 1400-1500. But who cares about psr when KDR is where it's at? *looks at his .4 KDR*

Anyway, I have a group of people I play with, so we usually have a full team going on. If I didn't have them to play with, I would have never been converted to hon.

Gotta say, Nymphora is the shit. One game, we pushed mid for so long because her healing gave my team so much staying power.

15. Skykes

If you are playing AP 1400+ games you should try the kongor at 1 team. Instant pick Wildsoul, Accursed, Slither, Demented Shaman and Soul Reaper.

Buy your items really fast then run right to Kongor, let Wildsouls bear tank it while the others use heals etc. Then go kill the middle hero (or make him shit himself and run bacK), either way go ahead and start pushing the first tower. After that just keep on pushing.

It is very important to never go back, also: Your team cant be a bunch of killstealers :D, everybody is very reliant on each other, especially when you are pushing the barracks.

Notes:
    Do everything really really fast, Kongor gets stronger the longer you wait. Summon Wildsouls bear right away, this means when he dies you can summon him again.

Buy items that will help you stay pushing, mana pots/+int items.

16. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Skykes- I wanna try that :p

Although, I could see how it might be a problem if that Plague Rider at top is getting his levels on and reaches lv6 and comes in and 2-shots you all with his ulti-nuke. Same with Wretched Hag or any mass AOE damage. The problem with that strategy is that you're going to be so very squishy and if they all get together from the side lanes then you're screwed.

17. ForsakenOne

He means doing it at lvl 1, before the game even begins.

Sauce: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx7oGZfKUlY&feature=related

Only effective in a Pub game with the enemies being complete retards ;P.

18. Skykes

True. Most players will know what you are up to right away.

When the guys I play with and I lost a few games in a row and needed a confidence boost, we would go onto a noob mess around account and do that.

There are a bunch of heroes who can solo Kongor early though. While Gauntlet sucks, he can easily take him on at level 7(cripple lowers Kongor to 0 attacks per second).

If you are playing noobish games try picking Warbeast. Go jungle at 1 and get ring of the teacher, then marchers, then level 1-3 puzzle box. Solo Kongor when you get level 1 puzzle box. After puzzle, finish steam boots and make your shrunken head. Serious pushing power :)

Edit: If you are clever you can still pull it off in average skill games though. Don't all instant pick, take each of them over the 2 minutes time. Have a mock argument about the picks in all chat. As soon as the game starts, demand a remake, say you have lag. When that fails try a pause, say you have to go afk for 5 mins. After 60+ seconds the other team can unpause, then you make your move. Go right to Kongor.

^ Just a few things you can do to avoid their suspicion.

Last edited: May 16, 2010
  19. ForsakenOne

The next hero is going to be Tundra which is most likely Rexxar:
    http://www.dotastrategy.com/hero-81-RexxarTheBeastmaster.html
    He might be released this weekend due to Monday being off for you Americans.

Also, how is your PSR faring after the retail release? Finally got mine up to 1678 from 1500. =/ Miss my 1740.

20. Skykes

I have exams soon so I am not playing that much these days, just casual. PSR took a dive after retail. I had to play some 1v1 games to get it back up(about 15 1v1 games-didn't loose once).

Edit:

Holy shit, just played a 100+ min game. It was fucking epic. Was 100% sure we would loose, so I decided to backdoor, took down a few barracks. Would have won 100% sure, but our defiler was a just plain suckage(ultimating on creeps when a teamfight going on else where, 10+ death, less than 3 kills). What really lost the game however is our pebbles leaving. Just crushed us. Don't get me wrong, he was a shit player, but he was still pebbles.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010