1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Movies, Music and TV shows' started by LINKed up, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    The Sylar/Parkman scenes of the latest episode were awesome. I'm glad that Matt's actually using his powers. I mean, of all the powers you could try to block, you'd block telepathy? The most awesome power out there? I'll never understand it.

Someone on another site compared Sylar to Tyler Durden of Fight Club. Except for the lack of a "regaining masculinity" theme, seemed appropriate. Kinda. >_>

Samuel the carnie making a sinkhole to swallow up that house and kill all the snooty rich guys was cool - and I've never expected to find a carnie character to be very interesting. His ink manipulation powers, while original (I think), I still don't get. How does that correspond to the earth-based powers? Or does he have more than one power? I'd like to know what he's planning on doing, too.

The power the deaf girl has, while kind of useless for practical purposes (... unless you're deaf, I guess), seems like it would be kind of fun to have. I hope she's not a love interest for Peter, though. He doesn't exactly have a good track record. I mean, his last one got left in an apocalyptic future.

2. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

It'd be awesome if she found her way back into reality somehow and was all Pissed!Off!Evil and on a crazed killing spree with some kind of wacky power. Of all the stupid things Peter has screwed up, leaving her in the :stained really manages to still stand out.

3. Philly Homer

Philly Homer What you call elephant cum I call mouthwash

I'm pretty sure ink is made out of dirt, so Samuel used the ink as backup, just in case things went wrong with Peter. Oh and Samuel has been very interesting so far. Knepper manages to play him a way that you kinds root for the character even when you are not supposed to. When he killed the rich cunt and her guests, I was rooting for him. It bugged me that they didn't show him creating a sinkhole to sink an entire mansion.

Sylar and Parkman were once again the best part of the show. It's good to see Sylar back in character. He is not being wishy washy anymore. He is just a selfish bad ass, who does everything for his benefit.

4. Red Aviary

High Score:
  5. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

Sure why not, this show is already hemorrhaging, and her character is already as useless as can be. Might as well make her "unique" and even more of a tool than she already is.

6. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

I'd thought that scene with Claire sitting by the college chick in her dorm room was unusually high on the UST meter.

7. Philly Homer

I have to admit that this season has exceeded expectations and last night's episode was probably the best of this season. The show has really benefited from the leaner storytelling. It allows them to concentrate on the character development like the deaf chick and Peter. That was a pretty interesting parallel between the two mothers and how it effects Emma and Peter. Also, Quinto did a pretty nice acting out the blank slate Sylar. You could see the confusion and helplessness in his character, which isn't something you see often. I'm excited about what they have in store for him at the Carnivale.

Also, it looks like they are about to kill of a major character.

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/wat...3_holy_shocker_major_death_coming_heroes.html

It's shame that the show improved in Season 4 with the ratings for it dropping every week. There were about 5.6 million viewers last week, and the show might be in danger of getting cancelled.

8. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I havent started watching Season 4 yet, I just saw it was back on, and really don't have an urge to watch like I used to. I've lost a lot of interest in this show with the amount of angst they had going on in the last 2 seasons, is it at least watchable again?

9. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

Too early to say really. They might be getting back on track, with Sylar finally breaking off the Nathan shackles (major character death? :p ) But honestly I think they've fucked with the script far too often for it to veer be a decent show again. I mean, it's like there are a new bunch of writers every season.

10. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

They can't seriously kill Nathan - again - and still call it a major character death. His deaths are almost a running gag now.

11. Midknight

throwing off the Nathan shackles? Hasn't he only been Nathan now for like 4 episodes? Hell a year long struggle with who he is would of been better =/

12. Rumbleroar

Rumbleroar Seventh Year

With the plethora of powers that Sylar has, it's almost impossible to expect that the Nathan-psyche would of held on. Especially when the Nathan-psyche was implanted by a guy who has limited experience, if not just hesistant control of his power. Especially when you take into account that Matt, didn't really know Nathan other then flying around and doing some good for a couple episodes.

However, I think a year-long struggle of Sylvar vs. Matt would be great. So far, it has been the most enjoyable part of the new season for me.

I doubt that this will be the 'major character death' that they have been eluding to, as it would be a cheap copout. Based off some cast interviews, and the overall feel that the returning writers are giving, suspicion can be laid anywhere. Though... I've been leaning towards Hiro.

I understand the fact they are playing up his illness so much, that it feels like a !trap to believe he'll actually die when surrounded by superfolks. However... it just seems justifiable, and about time.

13. ElDee

ElDee Unspeakable

The first couple of episodes I really didn't like what they're doing with Hiro. But after this last episode with Hiro in the hospital... it's growing on me. Hiro popping through time without any real control to right wrongs is reminding me of Sam Beckett. All we need now is for Hiro's brain damage to progress far enough that he starts seeing hallucinations of a wisecracking, cigar-smoking Ando with a PDA in his hand for the Quantum Leap comparison to be complete.

14. Philly Homer

This is the direction, they should have taken the show in after Season 1.

Oh and Samuel rules.

15. Red Aviary

High Score:
    Samuel is indeed awesome. But I can't get over the fact that they're freaking carnies, of all things.

The fact that there's two Sylars now interests me. Definitely going to be a conflict by the end of the season in that area. I'm kind of hoping that the "real" one (not the shadow in Matt's head) wins, if either of them of them win at all. The shadow is too... worn out.

That sound ability is definitely looking more appealing, with the ability to manipulate it into deadly sonic bolts. And is the reason she can play the cello and piano from the ability, or is that her own talent? Given that she's deaf (though I don't remember if they said she was born with it or if something made her deaf), I'm leaning towards the former, but I don't know.

16. Bittersweet

Bittersweet Groundskeeper

That's four episodes too much for me. Nathan was always a pansy, and allowing him to replace Sylar, with all his powers was just annoying. I mean, earlier they had two awesome heroes, Peter and Sylar. Then they nerfed Peter and seemed to do the same with Sylar. Ah well... rant over, the series seems to finally be picking up again

17. Cyclops

Cyclops Unspeakable

I'm not liking this carnival storyline. Hopefully Sylar gets back into his body soon and slaughters these carnies.

18. Rhys

Rhys High Inquisitor

From what I randomly remember, she was originally not-deaf, then had some sort of accident where somebody might have died, and has spent the last few years being deaf and blaming herself in typical angsty Heroes fashion. It's been alluded to that she might have been very good with music (or medicine? something else? unclear) before her deafness, but that's been fairly vague.

And that knife guy has totally become the Worf of Heroes. He keeps taking on 1st and 2nd tier supers, and keeps getting his ass handed to him regardless of his relatively awesome power. Someone should make a big montage, ending with Sylar shoving him into the cement wheelbarrow.

19. Midknight

Came across this on Netflix, and finally watched the final season. Jesus fuck it was horrible. Plot holes nonstop, boring as hell episodes, and just filler bullshit. So much time wasted on Emma for nothing. Sylar did the usual back and forth evil/good shit that made him a joke. Ray Park's character should have been bad ass, and yet he was a bitch.

Samuel... god. Half the time he was perfect, half the time he was retarded. When he was manipulating he was awesome, but then he'd just act overly evil, or the gushing over the ugly bitch, and it just ruined it. Bennet was the only one who stayed true to his normal character, and didn't have me cringing everytime he opened his mouth. But they still had to bring in some old partner to explain how he's got access to government level stuff despite not wanting to work for Primatech again.

Peter... why the fuck didnt they just kill him forever ago, everytime he was on screen my tv almost broke from the emo. Everything about the carnival was just... almost good, but not quite. Doyle especially is just creepy as fuck looking, pedo vibe, and I felt like I had to wipe off the remote when the guy kept giving off his, Ima rape you vibe.

Hiro... if Charlie was hot, maybe I'd have given a shit. But then he finds her as an ancient old lady, after spouting pop culture crap for several episodes. Horrible use. He went from being probably the most powerful, to someone they made into a joke act, and goddamned Ando makes me rage.

Suresh... like 20 minutes screen time?

Claire... good job you cunt, you just outed the entire supers. After how many people died over the years trying to keep it quiet so you could live a normal life. Enjoy being a government lab project now, being pumped of your blood so the super elite could live forever. Also she should've suffocated as well in the ground, and just kept being brought back to life, then resuffocated, not been able to breath normally.

Overall, I want my goddamned time back. So much promise, but it seems like after season 1 they wrecked it on purpose.

20. Red Aviary

High Score:
    My memory's faded on this series. I'm going to take the opportunity to watch the first season again (I've had it on DVD for years and never actually watched the whole thing through, just select episodes) and forget the rest ever existed.