1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Hitchups - The Antic Repartee - T - How to Train Your Dragon

Discussion in 'Television and Movies' started by Platypus, May 6, 2011.

1. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Kinda had to force myself to read the 5 chapters of Without a Hitch. Probably doesn't help that so far the story hasn't really started, and you seem to have little snippets from various different times but wasn't really finding myself interested.

The story was all wrapped up, not quite sure how the author can go from here.

2. Striker

Striker What's up demons?

I wouldn't really even call it a sequel, to be honest. It's just a series of one shots, and not all of them are even after the end of Hitchups. It's more like Butcher's short stories for DF than anything else.

3. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

Huh, I must have misunderstood Makiri's earlier post in this thread? I took it to mean that there was an actual 'full' sequel in the works, and that Chapter 5 of "Without a Hitch" was just a preview of what was to come in the next story. Did I get that wrong? Or right?

Either way "Without a Hitch" doesn't qualify as a sequel in my mind. More like a series of one-shots, one of which happens to qualify as an epilogue.

4. Nuramon

Nuramon Muggle

Hitchups by The Antic Repartee - T - How to Train Your Dragon

Title: Hitchup
    Author: The Antic Repartee
    Rating:T
    Genre: Adventure/Friendship
    Fandom: How to Train Your Dragon
    Pairings: No permanent Pairings so far
    Summary: Hiccup didn't see the point in stopping Astrid as she ran off towards his village—towards his father—with his most desperately protected secret. He was leaving anyway. A coming-of-age tale. Deviates from movie. Borderline bromantic-comedy.
    FF-link

Very well written diverging fic. Excellent humour and all round well written. I really enjoy the adherence to character and the fact that it seems very well thought through (as in, characters tend to stay in character). Had me laughing out loud quite regularly.

I haven't finished reading this yet, but figured as a long time lurker I might as well try and make a contribution. Hope I haven't made some kind of mistake with the recommendation.

Edit: 4.5-5/5 imo, but I don't actually know how to rate on here.

5. Republic

Republic The Snow Queen –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    4495+2362
    Do check the Library before you suggest fics for review. Hitchups is already there.

Edit: Hopefully this is the same one I'm talking about.

Edit2: It is.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  6. Agayek

Agayek Dimensional Trunk DLP Supporter

7. Nuramon

Nuramon Muggle

oh shit. i did a search and didn't find it... very sorry, I'll delete the post then? ... [edit] i mean wait on a mod to delete this then?

and I still couldn't find it in a search... must be doing something wrong there as well

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  8. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Threads merged.