1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Hope by Jeconais - T - HP/GD

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 20, 2005.

1. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

I thought it wrapped up nicely, but I was reading it for just the story and how well it flowed. It really didn't bother me that Harry had the power of multiple gods so I would give whole story a 5/5 probably.

2. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

I thought that it implied that the only reason he managed to stop all 10 killing curses was because he was able to borrow power from the 40 thousand people around him. As for the ring, well it made her glow with power...

I guess he was way over powered but not quite as bad as you make it sound.

3. Mage

Mage Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Actually what I took from it was that he only borrowed the power when he was with the merpeople (sp?). I believe that he stopped the 9 killing curses with his own and Gabrielle's power, plus the last one with the magic stored in the ring. After all the people never felt their power being drained until Harry was in the lake.

4. Jamven

Jamven Headmaster DLP Supporter

Hmm... It would seem that an "Epilogue" of sorts has been posted for the people that didn't know already.

*edit*
    Hope - Epilogue

Last edited: Jul 21, 2007
  5. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

well jeconais really knows how to make a love story completely ridiculous. at least he wasnt lying to himself about the nature of the story. he gave them everything else, why not the whole universe.

6. Gasperk

Gasperk First Year

As much as I hate Thread Necromancy, I have to say this is probably one of the better HP Fics I've read. Granted, I haven't read nearly enough, but I did enjoy it. Rather believable, Potter-verse wise.

7. Wergan

Wergan Third Year

Bah your comment about believable as far as potter verse is concerned is ridiculous. The entire power level of Harry, his attitude and everything else about him is very unrealistic. Though on the other had this entire unrealistic view of Harry and Cannon is part of what makes Jeconais one of my favorite authors. I love the way he writes these very Fairy Tales like stories. This approach to writing might not be totally inline with the styles of what DPLers are looking for but its still a solid style.

8. gadriam

gadriam Second Year

Jeconais isn't really a DLP author, is he? His stories makes me smile and feel good.
    Nothing is ever impossible, and since we are dealing with magic, the whole idea of credible powerlevels is kinda off.
    There may be major plotholes, but whether we like it or not, there is only one "true" Harry, and I'm on this site because i don't like the "true" one all that much. Breaking the standards is what Fanfiction is about. Are there limits as to how much they're allowed to be broken?
    When it's all right to fuck up Harry's personality as much as Vash does, what's wrong with a well written Super? Jeconais and Vash are both incredible authors who has their styles down, I just prefer to read to relax and feel good, so i normally choose Jeconais.
    Sorry about the rambling. I just felt like it.
    g

9. PsyckoSama

PsyckoSama Groundskeeper

the Epilogue is painfully bad...

10. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

Yes, I have to agree, the ending isn't the best, could have been written better. However, compared to other endings, it's in its own league all together, the story is, I mean.

11. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Well I have to say that the Epilogue was pretty bad... Its got the feel of the ultimate happy ending. Not something I crave for. Still it was very unique as HP goes. I almost wondered if there was a cross with Star Gate for a moment.

12. Andro

Andro Master of Death DLP Supporter

What I thought was greatly amusing was how it was the traditional bride-husband dramatic roles were reversed, with Gabrielle intent on sweeping Harry off his feet.

13. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

I myself adored this series, except the epilogue.

Even now after a month it still makes me sad /sadface

Still, it was very powerful if it managed to do that.

Personally, I can't wait till Jeconais' next HP/ GD story comes out.

Hurry up Jeconais! We need more of your damn-fine writing!

14. Augurey

Augurey Backtraced

Hope is Jeconais' formula done to perfection. He should either deviate more from it, like he did with his HP/Daphne Greengrass series, or he should stop writing. We don't want any more "zomg she saved me she's an unrealistically sexy angel I want to marry her oh wait I did over 9000 years ago now I'm dead" fanfiction.

15. King Dimension

King Dimension First Year

Very well written story! I read it a long time ago, and followed it to the end. The whole mating thing has been done to torture (in that they were done bad), but yours is the only exception. Any more HP/GDs?
    This is just in general, but I personally dont like Epilogues, cause it forces the storyline to end a certain way, and no other possibilities.

16. Aerin

Aerin Seventh Year

Indeed, he is writing a new HP/ GD.

Called Happily Ever After. Still being Beta'd.

I know more, but that's for Jeconais' to tell.

17. Theophany

Theophany First Year

You really can't judge what's realistic and not. It may stretch credibility, but when you're dealing with mythical characters (i.e. Merlin's power and Harry being able to match that power), you need to realize that nothing is going to be credible by canon.

You also have to consider that while JKR is fairly creative, she likes the common person to be the heroes. She likes the idea that anyone can be the hero if they have the courage.

I think Jeconais' vision of Harry is more entertaining, but those that have said his "formula" is getting old and tired are completely right.

18. Testament

Testament Seventh Year

Jeconais really is quite gifted at romance stories. Harry seemingly being all-powerful didn't really bother me as it is a romance fic first and foremost, though it did get a bit too fluffy for me at some points.

Overall quite a cute and well written story that any HP/GD fan can enjoy.

4.5/5

19. Helltanz98

Helltanz98 Professor

Its one of the better Romance genre stories, the pairing is refreshing as was the plot.
    I could have however done with out the epilogue.

20. Redd Lenses

Redd Lenses Guest

Oh man, I turned into a giggling schoolboy for the duration of that fic. Literally. I was giggling.

Au Revoir,
    Redd

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2008