1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Hope by Jeconais - T - HP/GD

Discussion in 'Romance' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Nov 20, 2005.

1. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

My signature, green link, read. :p

2. sirius009

sirius009 Minister of Magic

yea i've been following it for a while, stopped reading for some reason but i'm so bored right now i might as well finish..

3. sirius009

now i remember, i stopped reading your story because at the time i couldn't stand cho (still really can't) but now i feel i can just ignore her..

4. sirius009

glad i read more, i love ron and good ron is a good thing..

5. DGD

DGD Headmaster

I agree with Chuck and IP.

P.S. killginny009, use the edit button instead of double/triple posting.

6. Patrik f

Patrik f Guest

While I normally dont like romance stories so is this my favorite romance story ever. I like how Dumbledore is written, like a senile old man :D

7. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

i happen toreally like this story despite the dripping romance. mostly because gabrielle is imo, super hot, if you give her a few years.

8. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Err... so you like this FANFICTION because the actress is hot? Never mind being a pre-teen girl.

Or is it that the Tim's written her really 'hot'?

9. doc_gerbil

doc_gerbil Sixth Year

i actually wasnt basing it off the GOF movie as i refused to see it, but rather my own vision of a really hot french veela who is uber devoted to harry for "saving her life". imo french chicks in fanfiction are automatically charecterized as hot unless described to the contrary. ive just seen to many cliches. this is assuming that gabby's age gap is explained as tim admirably did.

10. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I feel I should say that the link a the beginning of the topic is not longer the best one since they have re-ordered their site. This is the direct link:

http://jeconais.fanficauthors.net/Hope/1_Beauxbatons.php

Also, Jeconois says that he has finished the 25,000 word final chapter, it just has to go through beta.

11. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    I'm sorry but he really writes some long chapters lol. But whenever that chapter comes out will definitely be the highpoint of my day. :D

12. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Lol, This is a good story, but then again unlike a good number members here, I can swallow the huges amounts of romance. "shrugs" it just doesn't bother me if it isn't poorly written or with Ginslut.

Does not mean I go searching for it, I just won't disregard a fic because it has a lot of Romance

That and Jeconais pretty never churns out anything bad, which makes his stories a good read when your pissed at all the crappy cliched stories.

/Myst

13. harryboy111

harryboy111 Guest

I thought jeconois said that he still has one more chapter do after this one.

14. nonjon

Ditto. I'm pretty sure this story has always been planned to be 10 chapters. And I'd bet money chapter ten is longer than nine is.

Wonder if it's made it to Tim's final beta yet. I'm looking forward to this. Especially since ff.net seems unable to update for a while here.

15. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Guest

As much as i hate waiting for Jeconais' to update his stories, i think it's better that way. It's gonna be pretty sad to see this story end. I really enjoyed reading it.

But it is definitely kick-ass how long his chapters are.

Anybody know what he plans to work on after Hope???

16. nonjon

I think he's been meaning to post the final versions of the Perfect Situations drabbles and maybe the follow-up one-shot thing to that. And I believe he's got a Harry/Fleur fic he's going to write. Post-HBP even. Which could be very interesting. A different take on Veela maybe. Dunno. But I think Bill dies and Harry is there, and promises to take care of Fleur but the wording gets complicated. Don't remember. He basically wrote an outline in a few minutes and posted it in response to a question on his yahoogroup.

But I could be wrong. I know he just posted all of his old drabbles and ficlets onto his website's forum. http://forum.fanficauthors.net/forumdisplay.php?fid=33

And I just remember him mentioning these bits. Though I'd kinda like to see his Lara Croft/Harry Potter "Horcrux Raider" idea. Among others. "More Things" too.

17. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Personally I've never at all understood the need to employ so many betas (I've never used one period). That much revision and polishing...I just can't and won't take fanfiction that seriously. Maybe if I were getting paid for it or something.

18. sirius009

Yea honestly people, if you have the ability to write your own chapters you can atleast look over them youself with maybe one beta..

19. rebirthofham

rebirthofham Guest

But maybe that's the reason his stories are so good. Perhaps input from multiple betas can result in a great HP fanfiction. I denno. I totally agree though, I would never use more than one Beta. I don't take writing them that seriously. But to each his own. Who are we to complain on how Jeconais writes his stories, eh?

20. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Well, I know I have problem looking over my own shit. I got a second beta because I can't remember my previous chapter so I make him reread the story from time to time and remind me of stuff. :twisted:

There is definitely merit in what Jeconais's doing, especially in creating completely airtight stories if the betas can talk to one another. Does slow down the updating though, a LOT.