1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you choose your forum name?

Discussion in 'The Humor Mill' started by Arthellion, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Fenraellis

Fenraellis Chief Warlock

Fenraellis was a name I had only been using for a short time before I joined the forum, perhaps a couple of years. I've used it in pretty much anything requiring a screen name ever since I came up with it. I don't believe I've ever had an issue with someone already using it, which is nice.
    Prior to that, it was Lokidragon(a Norse-themed thematic derivative of the notion of "Chaos Dragon") for a few games(Shattered Galaxy being the foremost of them), and before that, Ariantis.

The name Fenraellis itself derived from playing something akin to an MMO of sorts, and needing names for multiple character types. My single character name of Ariantis from perhaps eight years old wouldn't cut it anymore. So, Ariantis was aged up, given a surname, had kids (I even entertained some minor ideas and wrote a chapter or so of a story related to some elements of this, brainstormed during my transits to and from school), and the kids names were roughly assigned to different archetypes. It made it easy to name characters for things later on in a few other games as well. Maintaining the narrative, in a way.

Aerion, the oldest son, for fairly standard Fighter type characters. He eschewed his father's magical focus (Ariantis was a Mage/Wizard in some video games, and my first D&D character).
    Arianna(suddenly the exact spelling comes to question, as I write this), the oldest daughter, as a Sorceress type. She embraced magic, and her mother's heritage.
    (the two eldest shared the most similar names to their father)
    Janeiran, the middle son, as a forest-y Ranger sort. He had a distaste for city life, mostly living as a wandering hermit of sorts.
    Lenthaea, the middle daughter, for 'alternative casters', such as soul magic, or later my Guild Wars 2 Mesmer. She was a bit of a social pariah, due to her focus on esoteric magic, and preferred a life of relative seclusion as a result, although for different reasons than Janeiran.
    Syraenae, the youngest daughter, as a Priestess. Cheerful, generous, etc., Kind of archetypal there.
    Delryn, the youngest son, as a Paladin role. He was swept up in the local fervor, joining the knightly order.

Stuff like that. Came up with a few others around that time, such as Fenris Aerynthalia, and Tylthaenys Aestralathia(using this one again for a current D&D character, actually), to fulfill a few other purposes. I liked "ae" quite a bit. Hah, only took two tries to remember "alt-145" for æ just now.

2. Krieger

Krieger Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

3. Nauro

Nauro Headmaster

Huh. I'd have guessed Vampire the Masquerades's Giovanni clan.

Mine is a word in LoTR elvish, means werewolf. As for why - well, I like werewolves. ;)

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin