1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come across DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infidel, May 2, 2012.

1. Infidel

Infidel Auror

I came across DLP when I googled the name Rahkesh Asmodeus from Miranda Flairgold's fic 'A second chance at life'. Strange, I know.

How did other members come across it?

2. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

I think we've had this thread before... Or more likely, it was an unrelated thread that was hijacked into this topic.

On topic, however, it's been so long I cannot remember exactly. I might have found it while looking for updates for one of Tinn Tam's stories. If not her, through one of our other author's profile page.

3. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I found DLP after first reading Volorn´s Ascension of the Scorpion Sorcerer, near the beginning of my indy!Harry phrase. I´d been reading fanfiction for about 6 months at that point, but had only recently discovered the massive archive that is FF.Net (I think I came when I saw how many stories there were). Up until then I had been reading on Mugglenet, SIYE, Phoenix Charm, and various individual websites (geocities lol), sticking mostly to canon continuation fics.

Anyway, I googled Scorpion Sorcerer to find more chapters and found the author in the middle of throwing a massive shitfit on DLP lol. Joined a couple months later.

Last edited: May 2, 2012
  4. Nae

Nae The Violent

Searching for more chapters of the Legacies series. The first time I read the library thread, I was surprised by how rude some of the reviews were (I know).

After that, didn't come back here for quite a while. I think Joe was the first author whose stories I read before registering here. Became a member soon after.

5. hgf

hgf Fourth Year

I think Nonjon had a link to DLP in his profile and when the last chapter of A Black Comedy came out I was desperate for more and figured I might find something here. I quickly realised there were many other authors here at least as good as he is.

6. Rapscallion

Rapscallion Groundskeeper

I found DLP searching for Dark Lord Potter stories(I liked this genre at that time, still do).

Lurked around the library section for a while, but due to some reason didn't spend much time in it. After few months I started reading some good books and felt that FF.net was doing nothing to improve my language. Once again came back here and have been here continuously since then(pity it's only been a few months). But in such a short period, my English has improved at a rate that neither Teachers nor Books could have helped me achieve.

7. Red Aviary

Red Aviary Hogdorinclawpuff ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I don't even remember. I think I might've just Googled "harry potter dark stories" or something.

8. Infidel

Infidel Auror

On a related note, is the history of DLP to be found anywhere in the forum? We all know why it started: To avoid wading through the slash fics in FFnet in an effort to find good stories.

But when exactly did it start? Who were the founding members?

9. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Here you go. User list sorted by date.

On an unrelated note, interesting way to find DLP. Through Rahkesh, haha.

Didn't Sree or Vash or someone else change their nick to Rahkesh for a couple weeks at some point? lol

10. LittleChicago

LittleChicago Headmaster DLP Supporter

I googled "Dresden Files Discussion." This is still the best place on the 'net outside of the official forums to talk DF.

11. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Thanks Jim, that means a lot to us.

I was looking for Harry/Pansy at 14 or so it was the first time I was going for any non canon pairing, and found Slither Hither, only 3 years later did I finally join.

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

I found DLP mentioned on many author's stories,mainly nonjon,Jon,Shezza and jbern. Decided to come here randomly once,lurked for a long time and then joined.

13. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Can't really remember any more, but I think it had to do with one of nonjon's fics. Maybe he mentioned here in his author notes or on his profile.

14. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I googled 'Big D on a Diet' years back, found DLP, and then popped in every now and then, before signing up last year for some reason or other.

15. Zennith

Zennith Pebble Wrestler ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I actually have no idea - I don't remember when I found DLP. I lurked for a LONG time before I finally started posting though.

16. Shinysavage

Shinysavage Madman With A Box ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I first discovered it through Nonjon's profile, and I browsed a few times, but I didn't sign up then. I can't remember what brought me back to the site - probably someone's profile, possibly even Nonjon's again - but I had a look around, lurked a bit, then signed up.

17. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

I kept seeing it in author's notes and profiles on FFN, poked through the discussions here, and decided to join.

18. Knyght

Knyght Alchemist

I think I stumbled on this site after seeing it on an author's profile.

19. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    According to my profile, I have three referrals. I´d be very curious to see who they are lol.

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Wastelands of Time.