1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come across DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infidel, May 2, 2012.

1. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I'm pretty sure Master Slytherin is how I found my way here. If it wasn't him, then it was probably Shezza.

2. Feanor

Feanor Third Year

All I remember is reading RossWrock's Power of Time and then ending up here. Everything in between is a blur. Probably got the link from someone's author profile.

3. Lethologica

Lethologica Squib

I was reading some of Yaaaaargh's stuff way back then, when he had some sort of argument or another with DLP. It was in an authors note, and again on his profile, so I thought I ought to check it out.
    Then I lurked.

4. D.H.

D.H. Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I first arrived here when I learned that the Santi was posting his 'HP and the BWL' here after he stopped updating on FFN... It was great to catch up with the story, of course. Then I saw the story thread...:facepalm

Fortunately, I stuck around long enough to investigate the rest of the site. I'm glad I did because DLP is pretty cool, and the WBA and library are exceptionally awesome. DLP is actually the first and only forum that I have joined. I don't even visit FFN anymore, I just come here for the good stuff. So I lurked for a few months and now I post something every once in a while.

5. Aurion

Aurion Headmaster

Author profiles on ff.n, I believe. Too lazy to go back and look and see if I mentioned anyone specific anywhere.

If I read their fics now I'm liable to think they're terrible anyways.

6. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

Given the amount of members that came to DLP through me, I should be rewarded in some small way.

Let's say...Mod Powers?

Seriously. Fuck Furion. Fuck him dead.

7. Another Empty Frame

Another Empty Frame Fake Flamingo DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I agree, but I have to tell you Shezza, Furion is a chick (xion's sister).

8. Sauce Bauss

Sauce Bauss Second Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    That just means Shezza has more places to put her dual-wielding dildos. Jon can provide the jello.

9. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

You may have brought members to the cult, but you continue to lie to us all and insist you are actually male. You prove you can't be trusted, and trust is the foundation of power. D:

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Then how the hell did you end up as an admin, Vash? :p

11. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Like I said. Trust. And I always keep my word.

In this case: Those who could have me removed know better, or certain pieces of information will become public. :awesome

12. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Shoulda figured it'd be blackmail from you, dude.

13. sombrero

sombrero First Year

I went here through Joe's wastelands of time, I was discussing it on /lit/ and they redirected me here for more quality HP fanfiction.

Then I proceeded to read all the 5 stars stories that interested me in the library, and finally, 4 months ago i found the holy grail, Santi's HP&tBWL.

I've also been lurking the forum this whole time and come at least once a week to check what's up.

14. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Seventh Year DLP Supporter

I think it may have been JBern's stuff, most likely Bungle in the Jungle. Lurked in the Library for a while before I was observant enough to notice the WIP section. I created an account, lurked more for about 6 months and then made an introduction in which I wasn't killed, and now occasionally post things.

Mostly I lurk.

DLP has provided endless amusement when I was supposed to be doing course work or sleeping.

15. JokingWraith

JokingWraith First Year

Found DLP several years ago through fanfiction.net and lurked for a bit but never had a good reason to create an account. More recently I told to come here for brutal critiquing of writing. I am now looking over the site. In the near future I will have something to be critiqued by the crucible that is DLP.

16. Atum

Atum DA Member DLP Supporter

I'm new here, but I saw this thread and figured it was probably my best chance at a half-wit decent introduction so whatever.

I found this forum when I was going through a weird Vampire!Harry phase and couldn't find anymore interesting material via fan fiction.net or hpfanficarchive.com. It sorta just kept popping up in random authors' profiles and in searches for stories, so I decided to join.

17. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

Huh, is this becoming a replacement for the former introduction forum or something?

Well, welcome JokingWraith and ChaosJordanism anyway.

I find it interesting you came here for Vampire!Harry, since it doesn't seem to be terribly popular on DLP.

18. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Do we have any vampire!Harry fics at all? I can't think of any good ones. There's the opposite and awesome Stalking Bloodsack where Harry kills 'em, but that's the closest I can recall.

Well, everyone else seems to have done this, so: I don't recall how I found DLP, but I started lurking here in '06 or '07. I decided to sign for an account later in '07. I don't remember exactly why. What I do know is that DLP had exactly the kind of people I was looking for. They rescued me from the banality of the H/G fic site PhoenixSong. They skewered everything I had come to hate with JKR's handling of the H/G relationship. DLP were vile, updstanding, immoral, and disciplined in a way that eminently appealed. They were a masculine bastion against the feminine influence which often dominates the world of fanfiction. I guess Sree always had the right of it. ;)

19. Sechrima

Sechrima Disappeared

I also can't for the life of me remember when I first started coming here. I lurked for a long time, though. Mostly I just used this message board to find good fics to read, because everything else sucked hard (still the main reason I come here nowadays).

I can't say I care for many people's personalities here, but who gives a shit? The writing quality of fics hosted here or those that are recommended here is leagues ahead of anywhere else. At the end of the day, DLP saves me a hell of a lot of time searching through FF.net for a decent read. And sometimes I find other, random topics here that pique my interest, which is a bonus.

20. Oz

Oz For Zombie. Moderator DLP Supporter