1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you come across DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Infidel, May 2, 2012.

1. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I found DLP through my twin and immediately tried to pull a Taure with some discussion on Harry's abusive childhood in canon. All with horrible grammar, punctuation, and an ego the size of a high schooler.

It didn't work out well for me.

Going by the trend, The Heir probably found his way here through Nonjon...

2. Arbiter

Arbiter Groundskeeper

Pretty sure I found a link on someone's ff.net profile. Didn't regret clicking it.

3. Shezza

Shezza Renegade 4 Life DLP Supporter

I'm pretty sure somebody sent me an email saying that one of my stories had been posted here. I followed, joined and didn't really do much the first year or so. It was really only when I started talking to Jon and getting his help on my stories that I became a real member.

Don't ever tell him that though.

Jon
  4. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

:facepalm

Woman is dependent on her man. Typical.

:D

Jon
  5. Euro

Euro Sixth Year DLP Supporter

Oedipus Flower for me. Good times. Never left since.

6. Blazzano

Blazzano Unspeakable

Hmm. I think it was by way of a non-DLP author fic (Dumbledore's Army & the Year of Darkness) that was in the Library. I used to do that when I was bored sometimes - that is, do a search for a fic I had finished to see what internet groups other than FFN thought of it.

Can't say I've regretted it. This forum didn't just deliver some decent fics - it also introduced me to the Dresden Files and the Kingkiller Chronicle at the very least.

7. The Berkeley Hunt

The Berkeley Hunt Headmaster

I actually found DLP way before I joined. Through I think enembee's profile after reading his AU. I read a couple threads on random shit, then read the introduction forum. I went "Fuck that" and got out of there.

But I kept on seeing it all around ff.net on all the stories I liked, since barely anyone outside of this website knows what writing is and how to do it. By the time I was 16 I thought I was smart enough and knowledgeable enough to rule these waters, and made this introduction. I then got summarily buttraped by Vash who was the main reason for me joining the site and slightly by guys like Silens whose fics I loved. My shame, it was massive.

Ever since then, I always come back. No-one else is as much of a selfish, antagonistic asshole as you guys. Never change.

8. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    I'd gone through what would be known as Taure's Stage One of Fanfiction and was looking for a more efficient way to search for Indy stuff than playing the slash/illiteracy lottery at fanfiction.net. I recall entering "harry potter dark lord" or some such into Google and found the site.

9. KHAAAAAAAN!!

KHAAAAAAAN!! Troll in the Dungeon –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    This was highly entertaining. Well done, DLP.

10. Kai Shek

Kai Shek Supreme Mugwump

I have no idea how I found DLP. Happened far to long ago. I'm guessing it was most likely in an author profile I was checking out, but I can't say for sure.

11. Inquisition

Inquisition Canadian Ambassador to Japan DLP Supporter

12. insectamantidae

insectamantidae Professor

I discovered it by searching for the opposite of checkmated, where a friend had sent me. I was quite ill after seeing what was written there, and I frustratedly typed into google "Dark Harry Potter Fanfic" and I've been here quite happy ever since there.

It was my Christmas miracle, that year. I joined in Dec. 2007.

13. Clerith

Clerith Ahegao Emperor ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I remember seeing DLP mentioned by quite a few of my favorite authors, so I eventually ended up here. Shezza was probably involved. Ah, those early days were golden.

Anyways, I goddamn miss intro threads. A lot were fucking hilarious.

14. Warheart

Warheart Sixth Year

I first saw DLP back in '07, through nonjon most likely. But I joined much later, mainly to get access to the WbA.

15. Swimdraconian

Swimdraconian Denarii Host DLP Supporter

I initially stumbled across DLP in Oct/Nov 2005 via Google search, which was about the time I started working on the first incarnation of Circular Reasoning. The site wasn't all that active, so I only browsed through the collection of stories in the library and disappeared.

I don't know why I joined when I did - I think it was an invite from Lord Ravenclaw after leaving a review on one of his stories. Then, I found out that my story had been added to the Library and... yeah, that's pretty much it.

Edit: I've got 11 referrals. O.O

Now I really want to know who these people are.

Last edited: May 3, 2012
  16. kota_dawndragon

kota_dawndragon Second Year

I had forgotten I even HAD an account here! :facepalm Anyway, I joined DLP pretty early on, but mostly lurked. I was an avid reader of Lord Ravenclaw's works and followed him to the site that he had before this one.

P.S. My favorite thread was (oddly enough) Sick and Perverse. It had the funniest stuff in there.

17. silentclock

silentclock Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Pretty much this, actually. I got linked here once, through someone's profile, but didn't pay it much mind at the time. Then a month or two later, I googled Harry/Fleur fics, and the Harry/Fleur community here was one of the top results. And I decided to stick around.

18. DemonicInfluence

DemonicInfluence Fourth Year

I read jbern's To Fight the Coming Darkness and lurked for like over a year before signing up because I wanted to vote in the fanfiction awards. I still don't post much.

19. TMNTurtwig

TMNTurtwig Professor

I actually joined through a Fate/Stay Night crossover; Syao's Fictional is what introduced me to DLP. I've since started to enjoy the Harry Potter fandom even if it isn't my favorite.

20. Richard

Richard Supreme Mugwump

I think I found DLP through someone's profile. Probably Nonjon. I remember reading one of his stories a long time ago, and found the link. If not Nonjon, it was definitely another member on FFNet who was a member here already. I don't remember finding it on Google. Though I did find FFnet on Google.