1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How did you find DLP?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Jon, Jan 8, 2016.

?

How did you find DLP?

1. Recommended by a Fanfic Author (if so who?)

572 vote(s)
    25.8%
  2. Found via the DLP C2

280 vote(s)
    12.6%
  3. Recommended by a friend

84 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Recommended off another website (if so where?)

323 vote(s)
    14.6%
  5. My fic was recommended here and I was curious

41 vote(s)
    1.8%
  6. Someone trash talked DLP and I was curious

243 vote(s)
    11.0%
  7. I found DLP via Google

675 vote(s)
    30.4%
  1. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

I remember 19 year old me feeling edgy and searching " dark Harry Potter fanfiction" good times

2. kreider

kreider Squib

I found DLP by searching for different fanfictions, and noticing they were farther along on this site. I think the fic was "Harry Potter and the Boy-Who-Lived," which seems to be a very popular fic on this site!

:nyan:

3. Utjump23

Utjump23 Squib

I found a link to this site in a list of recommended HP stories. I wasn't disappointed.

4. LordQuidditch

LordQuidditch Squib

High Score:
    I saw quite a few high quality authors mentioning DLP, which naturally made me interested. When searching for it though, I came across Ye Olde subreddit - in which many people have a very negative view of DLP and expressed it regularly and with vitriol. 'Elitist', I think, was a rather popular and common term. But what exactly is wrong with elitism? It just means you have higher standards. And a few of the counter-arguments made by members/moderators/admin of DLP were rather good. So, here I am!

5. CTDragon

CTDragon Muggle

High Score:
    I was looking for some Dark Harry Potter stories. After getting tired from scrolling around fanfiction, I just googled key words and found link to your website.

6. Dreamweaver Mirar

Dreamweaver Mirar Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

These guys ain't joking about the introduction forum being intimidating back in the day. I'm pretty sure I waited a good year of occasionally popping in to look for new recs before I buckled down and signed up.

I'm pretty sure I looked it up after seeing DLP mentioned on some author's note, but as that was over 8 years ago I sure as heck couldn't tell you which author.

7. panda

panda Squib

High Score:
    I've been reading fanfics for a while and have heard of DLP in passing, but I actually found and signed up for DLP after a lot of googling for rec commendations.

8. drnido

drnido Squib

High Score:
    Found it while browsing the profile of "enembee" over at FF.net.
    I loved his story "The Sun Dog" and was looking for any other stories he had written or was recommending.
    it was there i stumbled upon the DLP C2.

9. Oruma

Oruma Order Member

It's Taure's fault.

I have no regrets.

10. Maeglin

Maeglin First Year

I was browsing through the fanfiction community page when I stumbled on a brilliant community filled with great stories, and so, of course, I later googled dark lord Potter and came here.

11. drovix9

drovix9 Squib

High Score:
    Trash talk from an author many moons ago saying how DLP wouldn't respect their canon re-write, only part of that story worthwhile was finding DLP.

12. hpssomg

hpssomg Squib

High Score:
    Been in and out of the fandom for a while, started reading fics about 10 years ago on the mugglenet forum.

Reddit was where i first saw mention of this place though.

13. cog

cog Muggle DLP Supporter

Pretty sure I found this place looking for HP recs. Or it might've been me trying to find a specific fic and finding a post that seemed to match the fic (its certainly happened a lot).

It's interesting reading how everyone's found this place.

14. DeezNuts

DeezNuts Squib

High Score:
    Came here to find chapters for Circular Reasoning, but now i need to post 5 times :')

15. Acrodillick111

Acrodillick111 Muggle

High Score:
    The reply

Welp, my option was not listed here, so I chose "found via Google". I found DLP after readig SO MANY Dark Harry fics I just stumbled upon this site. In my bookmarks. I never visited here.
    But hey, guess what? I LOVE IT HERE! So many DarkHarry fics that I am drooling!:p:p:p:fire

16. Dresden11

Dresden11 Fifth Year

I was looking everywhere to find The Santi's work to see if he was updating it elsewhere. I found DLP, registered, and immediately finished reading what Santi had posted here.

I am actually curious how many people found this site that way. I figure it would be a decent number at least.

17. Iandude0

Iandude0 Squib

I was talking with some guys over on the Rolz chat and they kept referencing something called DLP. They explained themselves and I found myself with an account here.

18. hanabanana

hanabanana Squib

High Score:
    I was reading a fanfiction, and the author was thanking DLP for helping him improve his writing. I got curious, so I searched it up on Google. And now here I am.

19. bigshrek21

bigshrek21 Muggle

Reading reviews of the santis work on ff.net. Someone said there was more on dlp. Check back in ocasionally to see whats going on.

20. Slasher

Slasher Squib

High Score:
    I found DLP when i was looking through general recomendations on TV Tropes. I saw Harry Potter and The Boy Who Lived, and had remebered reading it on fanfiction.net. I saw a comment about how on DLP it was still being updated so I came over here to check it out