1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How much is Movie!HBP going to suck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nymphe, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Nymphe

Nymphe Second Year DLP Supporter

The supposed H/G kiss along with fangirl squeeing. I really do not know what they are so happy about because the lip-locking is absent.

According to The Snitch, the Muggle Prime Minister, the Gaunts, and Hepzibah Smith have been cut. I am still looking for confirmation.

Is it wrong to hope this thing does worse than PoA?

2. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2007
  3. Alec

Alec Raptured to Hell

Oh God...You know I thought this one was actually gonna be a darker film which would of been awesome. Order of the phoenix actually wasn't that bad of a movie..It was cool seeing Harry have some attitude and stuff...Wouldent it of been great if they changed the whole movie series around and made Harry more independent and more of a kickass character...*sigh* dreams.

4. Neo2b

Neo2b First Year

The first link should be in S&P, those comments are truly pathetic.

I've never truly enjoyed a movie better than the actual book, and this one won't change that.

5. Skeletaure

High Score:
    From the lack of the Gaunts and Hepzibah Smith, I'm guessing that they're going to unload all the horcrux information on us in one go, rather than lots of flashbacks dotted over the story like in the books.

Which means that the majority of the storyline will be taken up by romance and general high-school-y stuff.

6. Drunken Jedi

Drunken Jedi Squib

Well, the relevant information about the Horcruxes can be summarised in 5 minutes, so releasing said information over the course of several months is a bit silly anyway, so that's not too big of a loss.

True, but at least we can rest assured that they can hardly do any worse than "monster in his chest".

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  7. Neo2b

Neo2b First Year

But unlike with ''the monster in his chest'' you'll get the squeals in the cinema the moment Ginny and Harry appear in the same scene. And since it'll probably mostly based on the romance, by the time the movie is over everyone will be deaf.

And the horcrux issue, c'mon everybody would've been able to understand that part within 5 mins.

8. The Mysterious Nobody

The Mysterious Nobody Auror

I don't think the movies, as movies suck at all. In fact, the third movie (to me) directed by Cuarón is one of the best fantasy films of the last 5 years. As an Illustrator, I watch the movies from a more "visual" point of view, and I think that they did an awesome job since the style they wanted to follow was polished in PoA.

IMO, PoA accomplished to create its own version of the series, which was what I always consider the goal of a good adaptation. The books and the movies are separate entities in almost everything but the majority of the plot.

As for the script, it's based on the books, so it can't suck anymore than HBP did at the time. We all know what's coming in the story department, so why don't just sit back and enjoy the view?

9. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Nothing of worth happens in HBP until the very end. This movie is going to blow chunks.

10. Averis

Averis Don of Delivery ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I have to agree with the statement just above me: Nothing of worth happens until the end of HBP, so I'd imagine it's going to be alot of coy glances between the respective relationships, with marginal amounts of Weasley/Brown tonsil hockey, tied in with the Slug Club and "Who is the Half Blood Prince" storylines.

But it should be interesting to see the Death Eaters storm Hogwarts, and you know that all of you want to see Harry and Dumbledore vs Potion and Inferi. That's arguably one of the coolest moments in the series, overshadowed by the tripe that is the rest of the book.

But I'm going to watch it anyways. Fuck it.

11. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

12. Mechanicalchrist

Mechanicalchrist Groundskeeper

Well they appear to have kept the scene where Malfoy rapes Harry on the train to Hogwarts. God that's going to be awkward to watch. I wonder if this means they'll be having emo!Tonks as well.

13. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

According to my copy of the script: Tonks heals Harry's nose, then he 'heals her wounded heart'. There's a fade out at the end of the scene as he ends up 'balls deep in sweet, sweet metamorphmagus'.

Oh shit... there goes my nondisclosure agreement. :eek:
    Hell with it, I wasn't a very good key grip anyway.

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I bet they look like people drowned in pale make-up, that's it.

15. Skeletaure

High Score:
    You never know, they might include the Inferi scenes, if only to be able to talk about how "dark" the film is.

16. deathinapinkboa

deathinapinkboa Minister of Magic

...they should have had Tim Burton direct the Harry Potter movies.

17. Warlocke

Warlocke Fourth Champion

Johnny Depp is a little old to be playing Harry Potter though, isn't he? :D Still, Tim's gal pal is already playing Bellatrix... As much as I like Tim Burton's movies, I can't help but think that Harry Potter might have turned out a bit... off, with him at the helm.

So many movies lately have had zombies or mummies and whatnot in them that I don't think they'd have to nerf the inferi scenes too much. The Mummy was only rated PG-13 and that was mostly due to the partial nudity in the ancient egypt scenes, not the presence of the living dead in the movie.

They already showed post-abortion!homunculus!Voldemort being plopped into the cauldron with Pettigrew's (slash, plop) severed hand. *shrug*

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the inferi don't all rise from the water and do a dance routine, a la Thriller.

[Major Tangent: I've always thought Evelyn Carnahan from the mummy movies was a pretty close parallel to Hermione. They're both basically librarians who are passionate about being librarians but end up taking part in these life-threatening adventures... Except Eve would have had the good sense to feed Ron to the Mummy and snag Harry for herself. - Thank you, we apologize for that tangent.]

18. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

Take how much HBP sucked, add 100 for the scenes they'll cut, and multiply by 80 for the acting and production job.

19. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

I'm gonna get a big poster board and some spray paint and make a giant sign that says "SNAPE KILLS DUMBLEDORE" then stand outside the theater waving it around on opening night.

That would provide so much more entertainment that watching the movie.

20. Runeknight

Runeknight Second Year

That'd be hilarious. But quite a few people that haven't read the book know that Snape kills Dumbledore... Still, it'd be funny for the people that didn't.