1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

How much is Movie!HBP going to suck?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nymphe, Dec 11, 2007.

1. Anlun

Anlun Denarii Host

That's weird that they cut the Hepzibah Smith and Gaunt part because the Orphanage scene, and the birth scene are confirmed I believe. It doesn't make sense to not include the Gaunts. I'm pissed about the Prime Minister because it would of been nice, but I can see why it was cut, it really isn't anything amazing.
    The Harry Ginny shit is gay, but we ranted enough when it happened in the book so I'm not the least bit surprised.

2. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Now I can truly celebrate the release of movie!HBP.:D

[​IMG]

MY EYES! IT BURNS!:eek:

3. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

I'm going to ignore the movies. There is too much crap in the books to fit into 1.5 hrs. Plus they most likely will filter out the good stuff and leave the crap.

4. Nymphe

Nymphe Second Year DLP Supporter

WB's description of HBP from TLC

Nope, not gonna watch it, but I will enjoy seeing people reaction to it. And someone didn't proofread this: it should be simmering, not simpering.

5. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

"Tightening his grip on the Muggle world"? Yes, if you consider colder weather and a few accidents "tightening his grip".

So instead of training Harry in Occlumency and offensive spells, he spends a year expositing how Tom Riddle became Lord Voldemort.

Why did they need Slughorn's memories again? Hadn't Dumbledore already figured it out?

Kill me now. :puke:

So Harry is vying for Ginny's affections with a character that has been seen perhaps a dozen times in the films. Who do you think is going to get the girl?

So another character that has never been heard of is trying to get a main character. Interested? No?

They also forget the brain damage she suffered that conveniently occurred off-screen.

A six-year old can figure that one out.

I wouldn't be surprised if HBP earns the least of all the Potter films.

6. Skeletaure

Skeletaure Magical Core Enthusiast ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wouldn't be surprised if it earns the most :(

7. Perspicacity

Perspicacity Destroyer of Worlds ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

Where idiots are not legally permitted to vote
    High Score:
    Like most films, a lot will depend on what they open it against. It would be funny, though (though it won't happen) if it didn't make enough to convince the Powers That Be to put out the 7th.

8. Muttering Condolences

Muttering Condolences Card Captored and buttsecksed

I've re-written this part for accuracy: Dumbledore recuits his typical choice of teacher: cowardly, opportunistic, fat fuck Horace Slughorn. Even though Dumbledore already knows what Slughorns vital information is, he will send Harry to fuck around attempting to draw the information out, effectively wasting everyones time, and proving that Harry is a weakling that can't do anything on his own without the aid of magically-induced luck.

9. Lord North

Lord North Second Year

And to make it worse, I heard that they are adding in scenes with Harry/Ginny that are not in the book. I heard that they are going to have Ginny help Harry figure out what Draco is up too.