1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Actors, Best/Worst?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rahkesh Asmodaeus, Sep 29, 2005.

1. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If you mean Oldman, yeah it was off in PoA, pretty much everyone's was, call it piss poor directing, I've seen very few ppl who can honestly say that movie was great on the acting side. They all acted like they had planks shoved up their bums.

2. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I cant see McGonagall as anyone else. They picked the right person.

Oldman and Rickman are perfect for their roles but I agree that the acting in POA was shit but that was from everyone, not just them.

Lupin needs to be bitten by a real werewolf, not that lanky thing.

Issacs is perfect of the role. I love it in the second movie how he says Dobby's name.

Can not find a better Hagrid I reckon.

Old Dumbledore was good, new Dumbledore really irks me.

I dunno if Ron is supposed to look as stupid as Grint. Grint takes it a bit far.

Emma... is an annoying twit like Hermione so they fit. A lot of the time she irks me thou.

I agree with Gio about Dan.

Felton was a good Draco in the first two movies but then he suddenly became a 18 year old playing a 14 year old. It was weird.

Hooch in SS was good.

Sprout and Pomfrey look weird, lol.

Moody sucks fucking nuts.

I thought Ralph would be an awesome Voldemort until they slapped that SS CGI face on him via make-up.

Wormtail... I only pictured him as some fat dude that had no balls. The actor is close enough.

3. Midknight

I'd like Wormtail better if he didn't actually LOOK like a rat. I mean look at the damned guy in PoA and GoF, and tell me you'd actually trust someone who looks like that with your lives?!?

I mean you don't see Harry's dad look like a stag, or Sirius look like a dog, or Lupin look like a queer carsalesman (wait he does!).. er I mean werewolf

With a few tweaks I think the guy would make a good Wormtail, but they just went too far with the makeup

4. realmess

realmess Slug Club Member

my thoughts exactly!!!

Sirius/Oldman- well that was a disappointment, at least a little, I expected more of him.
    Snape, McGonagall, Hagrid- well, they're o.k.
    Ron, Ginny just irk me.
    Petunia, and Vernon, and Marge [especially Marge] are good.
    Moody [what I've seen of him]- ew, waste of tape.

I actually liked Lupin, though loosing that stupid moustache would do him good.

Lucius- is good, what we see of him.
    Draco - well, don't like him at all, especially when one can see how his haircolor changes withh each movie. Can't they stick to the same color?

Dumbledore[new]- am trying to forget him.
    Weasley twins- tolerable, will see after GoF.

5. Warlock

Warlock First Year

i think everyone can agree that the casting for lupin is off. Im not sure i quite get the "used car salesmen" thing going on with him. i always pictured a guy with long unkempt hair and a beard. i mean come on he IS a wolf. Not having the long hair pisses me off the most.

I was excited about Fines cause he is a good actor but from what i hear he looks pasty and rubbery, i guess they spent all the CGI money on the horntail, at least it looks nice.

6. Miss Selarne

Miss Selarne Sixth Year

I always thought Lupin would have long hair. He reminded me of Raistlin from Dragonlance. At least that's what I thought he looked like, without the weird shaped pupils and skin color of course.

7. Midknight

Exactly, he'd have that tired look to him, but he'd be wielding insane strength just under the surface.

I may be biased, I can't stand the actor that played him, I dunno what it is about him, maybe its the way he speaks, but he just does not fit this uber strong werewolf. Then again.. they ruined the wolf too, so maybe he does work with that *shrug*

Yeah I've posted this before, but I'll slap it up again for those of you who hadn't seen it yet:

[​IMG]

There's nothing about that that screams scary, he looks like a albino old guy. The DE masks in the background look weak as well.

8. IndoGhost

IndoGhost Dark Lord

i kind of think voldemort looks funny but i hate their masks. whenever i think of their masks i think of Vega's mask from street fighter.
    [​IMG]
    now if someone was wearing that and was going to kill you. you would be scared. instead of the V thing they should put a dark mark right there on the side of the face.

9. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

That's Voldemort? That's pathetic. The DE's masks just remind me of Phantom of the Opera.

10. Antivash

Antivash Until we meet again... DLP Supporter Retired Staff

that would indeed look very nifty... scary? nah.. but very intimidating..

11. Midknight

Yeah I got that pic a few months ago off some russian D/L website I got linked to. I thought it was a fandon deal, until it was confirmed in the new GoF trailer. You see a short glimpse of Voldie at the end, and that is indeed him.

12. Rahkesh Asmodaeus

Rahkesh Asmodaeus THUNDAH Bawd Admin DLP Supporter

And here I thought that this movie would make a good Voldemort. Damn, they really can't cast well for the movies, can they?

13. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

I think Felton does a really awsome Malfoy

Emma Watson is pretty good as Hermione

I also like Neville and Seamus Finnagin

Oh and Professor McGonnagol is really awsome

Rupeurt Grint is pathetic, Daniel Radcliff is the worst fake crier I have ever seen in my entire life. I also hate the new Dumbledore.

14. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Well, nobody will ever be as good as Richard Harris was as Dumbledore. The man simply personified the character. That said, Gambon doesn't play the role well at all. His mannerisms and voice are just way too harsh for the kindly headmaster.

15. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

American by birth, Southern by the grace of god (A
    good goddess, fan girls made JK turn Draco into a little puss? This is an outrage! I'll admitt that he was a completely one-sided character...but he had potential to be a powerful dark wizard! Damnit!

16. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

Harry doesnt cry in the third book, does he? Fuck, has he ever cried in the books? So why did they make him cry in the fucking movie!@? Stupid idiots.

If he were to cry over shit like that all his life, he wouldnt have survived the Dursley's.

17. Aba4th

Aba4th First Year

That is true Draco crying in the book was pathetic

18. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

The crying is just plain pathetic, I can't believe that a guy that went through loads of shit during his childhood would cry over people he didn't even know and yell, "He was their friend!!!" sad...

19. LT2000

LT2000 Heir

Pfft, Draco never had any potential to be anything other than the weak, spineless, spoiled little pussy that is and was in Canon. I'm glad that JKR turned him into a complete weakling, because I wouldn't be able to stomach her making him respectable. Draco needs to be right where he was for the first five books, pretty much Harry's bitch in every way imaginable; a would-be rival that cannot even begin to compare.

20. Lady Rebecca

Lady Rebecca Professor

A girl can delude herself into thinking that a weak, spineless moraon is merely a clever facade or that he is not mature yet, can't she?
    Anyway, I just thought it would be cool if he wasn't so 1-D, but alas, he is merely the Archetype of the dangers of inbreeding...