1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Release Nostalgia

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Skeletaure, Sep 13, 2021.

1. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Probably the most embarrassing for me was the pronunciation of primary characters' names like Hermione and Snape when the movies had yet to be released. For some reason I decided Snape was Snap and Hermione and Hermy-own.

I was ten when I read book 1, mind you, but I'm glad the movie came out before I ever did a school presentation on one of the novels...

2. Thaumologist

Thaumologist Fifth Year ~ Prestige ~

High Score:
    I would have been in my second primary school, and I think in Year 6 (so about 11?) when book five came out (I think, it was a long time ago, and I can't be bothered checking the exact dates).

Now, it was a nice school, and I was exceedingly tall for my age, so I was never bullied for being a nerd, but everyone was damn well aware I was. So it was a surprise that our teacher had scheduled the day for English lessons, and reading practice, so pretty much everyone just had their own copy for the day.

He was a VERY kind man, and had brought his daughter's copy with him, along with all the previous ones (two of each), for any kids who didn't have their own copies, and organized a read-along for those who wanted that instead.

3. MonkeyEpoxy

MonkeyEpoxy The Cursed Child DLP Supporter

Awesome teacher.

That reminds me of what our school district called D.E.A.R days. Drop Everything And Read (I don't know how ubiquitous it was). We got to dress up in PJs, brink blankets and pillows, make pillow and blanket forts and all that, just to create cozy nooks to read. On those days, even the most rambunctious and wild kids chilled out. Even the kids who constantly decried reading settled down.

Great days. Read Chamber of Secrets at one.