1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP Reunion

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erotic Adventures of S, Jan 6, 2022.

1. Demonbuttersage

Demonbuttersage First Year

I still have yet to hear a reason (besides money) why DH had to be split into two movies. It wasn't book length since OoTP was significantly longer and that worked just fine as one movie.

2. raobuntu

raobuntu Seventh Year

High Score:
    I think it's because it's the only book without B plots/side plots. Every other book had bits that while important to the story, could be scrapped for the sake of efficiency. I can't think of a single thing in DH that isn't absolutely necessary to get to the ending, so I understand why they took the time to really flesh it out.

3. Azialady

Azialady Squib

I'm looking forward to

4. Jax

Jax Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

The suspense is killing me!

5. moribund_helix

moribund_helix Third Year

Yes, PoA was really good. I'd outgrown the HP thing by the time DH came out so I didn't really care for those movies, but PoA is very re-watchable and a great movie.

I found the Reunion thing a little bit awkward. All that about being like a family & loving each other felt a bit too heavy handed. I'm not disputing anything and frankly I don't care - nor do I find not being close with someone you grew up making movies with, weird - but it seemed like they haven't seen each other for a long time and that doesn't really spell out close friends.

The only bit I found interesting was Helena saying how powerful she felt when waving her wand was the cue to blow up Hagrid's hut or something.

6. Red

Red High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Honestly, I found it heartwarming and sad. I enjoyed the stories of mentorship and growth that the young actor and tresses received. How well adjusted most of them seemed to have turned out, but when Grint said "All I know is how to be Ron" I felt that. I don't know, I felt the salient idea of playing roles and those childhood friends you spend so much time with through middle and high school and then see no longer. It was bittersweet. Lowkey ruined the movies for me. Which I really enjoy for what they are. My SO was watching GOF other day and all I could think was those three don't even speak anymore. Feels.

Anyway, they sound have sung the praises of John Williams more. The soundtrack is iconic.