1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

HP/SG1 xovers?

Discussion in 'Story Search' started by MrINBN, Jul 21, 2006.

1. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Before you start tearing me a new one, I'd like to point out that I'm just looking for recommendations. I already know about the 3 or so stories in the Alternates library, but I want to read more of this particular storyline. 3 stories does not sate my curiosity for more than a day or two.

2. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

South, but not too South. Umm... ¿yo hablo español
    My personal favorites (other than some of those in the Alternate's Section) are Fighting the Gods by phoenix catcher and The Boy Who Reminded Them Of Daniel by allroadslead2coffee. I haven't read them over in a bit, so sorry if they are a bit cliche at points!

Also, have you ever heard of a story where Harry was raised off-world and was later chosen to be a host but after a few years was able to free himself? I think I remember it finishing and I was looking forward to the next in the series, but I fear it may have been deleted off of ff.net a long time ago...

3. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Wasent that written by shezza? Harry Potter and the Stargate or something liked that...

I also enjoy Fighting the Gods... It is one of the better HP/SG1 stories that is active, at least that I can find.

4. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

After being a SG: SG1 fan for so long it feels weird thanking Lord Apophis, but thank you! :D I'm almost positive that it was, but the story is indeed gone. I'll start searching the other sites for it as soon as possible.

5. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

I think I saw a copy of it on a yahoo group called HPRecycleBin or something similar.

6. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

okay, thanks in part to Lord Apophis ::Glomps:: I found Shezza88's group! :D It's called Shezzaswork and if you join you can read my absolute favorite Stargate/Harry Potter fanfiction ever! Thanks again Lord Apophis.

7. Haunted Warrior

Haunted Warrior Fifth Year

Yeah, Fighting the Gods is good. And I remember searching for a crossover the over day and found a story where Harry sends himself bac in toime and into America, and he becomes Daniel. Explains him being an Ancient I suppose

Edit: Found it in my favs!

Name: Deceptive Appearances
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2858713/1/

Last edited: Jul 21, 2006
  8. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Thanks for all your help in this matter, people... Is that a Dalek, HW?

9. Haunted Warrior

Yup, it's Dalek Zec out of Doomsday. I think he's the Black Dalek

And I found another one if you want to read it. Has Daniel and Harry as relatives

Name: The Alliance of the Chappa'ai
    Link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2937151/1/

10. Lord Apophis

Lord Apophis Professor

Hope the author of The Alliance of the Chappa'ai continue to write it as there are so few hp/sg1 crossovers...

11. Haunted Warrior

Yeah, it does seem good doesn't it. And is it just me, or do most SG1/Harry Potter crossovers have Daniel and Harry have the same personality? I'd have thought that Harry would have been more like Jack O'Neil to be honest

12. Nenagh24

Nenagh24 Second Year

I think they try to link Daniel and Harry because of the glasses or because so many people like Jack, they don't want him to be overshadowed by Harry. I think I've only seen one that had Harry closer to Jack than Daniel, it was quite good! I'll see if I can find the link...

Edit: Found it, Child of Ra by AirElemental101. Harry falls through a 'portal' that Voldemort had opened and shows up in SGC.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2006