1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

I didn't know you could do this...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Harpy Prince, Apr 14, 2006.

1. Harpy Prince

Harpy Prince Seventh Year

2. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

I checked it out, but i didn't se anything in the tiny little preview about Wormtail's 13 incher and whatnot. There was a mention, in one of the reviews, about the gardener coveting the main character's wife...is that what you were referring to?

I can't be bothered to waste the money buying something so pathetic, so you're gonna have to tell me what happened.

3. Myst

Myst Headmaster

I read on fictionally.org that a group of HP fanfics by the same author were rewritten by her to get out of anything HPish and she published it.

Cant remember exactly what its called although.

4. Harpy Prince

Obviously if she's trying to sell it she wouldn't have mentioned the 13 incher in the summary, but it should be in there. From the summary I could totally tell it was the same fic with the Harry Potter names changed.

Yeah it was a series known as the Devil series. If the person who saved it on their harddrive sends me a copy I'll post the chapters for you so you can see the horror for yourself. So far it was the only Wormtail!canbesaved fic I've read so far and hopefull the last. It was written really well, but.... GAAAAHH I hate Pettigrew!!

5. Myst

Myst Headmaster

Haha, I read a fic like that... Fidelius by Ishtar.. He actually did it fairly well, but hes not exactly... alive in that fic.

6. Heleor

Heleor EsperJones DLP Supporter

If it is the same author who wrote the work, and not just someone going through fanfiction for something interesting, I fully support this. It is their writing, and they can do whatever they want to it.

7. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Doesn't wormtail rape Harry's 9 years older wife and still lives after? *shakes head sadly*

8. Harpy Prince

He tries in the first book, in the second she gives it to him willingly and gets pregnant *also shakes head sadly*

9. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    So, let me get this straight, he tries to rape her, and then she later willingly has sex with him? What the fuck?

10. Harpy Prince

Yes. She falls in love with him, because he's "mature" and better at scrabble than Harry... I felt like drop kicking the author when it happened.

Another part that pissed me off was that Harry kicked Pettigrew's ass when he tried to rape Harry's girlfriend. But after they're married and live in a house Pettigrew takes polyjuice potion and changes into a guy with muscles and then he jumps Harry like the pussy he is.

Plus the characters were ridiculously OOC. Harry was a immature wife beater while Pettigrew was an obessesed romantic type. It makes me shake in disgust thinkng about it.

11. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

Its stories like that that make me seriously think about quitting reading FanFiciton forever. If I happened to accidentally read that, I’m not kidding here when I say this, I would never go back to the site that hosted it…ever. Your summery of the story just disturbed me worse then The Office ever did.

12. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Harpy Prince: Have you read and/or own the books? I checked that site out, but I didn't get this much info about the book from those summaries....just that it was a pathetic rendition of HP.

13. Harpy Prince

Like I said it was a fanfic before she made it into a series of novels. It was one of those fanfics where it started off good then got really crappy and I read on hoping that it would get better. It didn't...only worse...much much worse.....

14. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Link, please?

I know it's a bad idea, but i want to checki it out nonetheless.

Bad Yarrgh! *beats head against wall*

15. Tobang

Tobang Fourth Year

I honestly don’t know why but the very thought of this story disgust me. Yarrgh! you’re a braver man then I for giving it a shot…or stupider. This seems to be the classical definition of a over dramatic, girl power chick fic, and I wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole.

16. Yarrgh!

Yarrgh! Pirate King

Sure...i agree with your evaluation, but in any case, i'd like to see just how similar this is to HP. I read the summary in the link above, and it seems somewhat like it, but want to see exactly how she managed to rape HP like this.

I'm not going into this wiht any hopes of it actually being good. There's no doubt that it's gonna be terrible.

17. Harpy Prince

Yeah that's how I found out about the books she's selling. She removed if from schnoogle and changed the names of the canon characters and a couple parts of the plot to make it sound more original and then go it published. This once person on the FA forums has it all on word document. I'm trying to get that person to send me a copy. I only have a couple of chapters on disk.

18. pavonis

pavonis Backtraced

I belive thats one of those self publish on demand outfits. I'm not sure how much creative control they have but once you get your hands on the fic, I would pass it on the them. JKR and Time Warner have already sued a few people over less, and if its as bad as you say, then it'll be a favor to humanity.

19. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

This sounds AWFUL.

On the other hand, it is encouraging that if shit like this can be published, then everyone's got a shot. ;)

20. Harpy Prince

I say we rat her out to Rowling.