1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete In Flight by gabriel blessing - M - Fate/Stay Night x Sekirei

Discussion in 'Fate/Stay Night' started by Dark Syaoran, Jan 17, 2011.

1. Fimbulvintr

Fimbulvintr Seventh Year

Nice, it seems Akitsu might need more exposure to Shirou's genetics. I, for one, have a few suggestions as to how such 'exposure' might be facilitated.

2. Karnath

Karnath First Year

Yes I believe a full prana exchange ritual may be required.

3. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Before doing that, he should ascertain if osculation with a Sekirei bound by another Ashikabi results in prana drain. Either Miya or Uzume should suffice. All in the name of science, of course.

Hmm... What do you think, will Akitsu become more or less fanatical if she's Winged? I could see it happening either way.

4. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Maybe less fanatical and more honestly affectionate. It seems like she was only obedient at first, then devoted, then fanatical. But all that was only so she could keep her place by Shirou's side (or so she thought). If she actually got winged - full blown bonding - then it's 'Proceed straight to love. Pass Go and collect your wings.'

5. Orm Embar

Orm Embar Auror

Alternatively, she could simply wind up even more attached to Shirou, as a result of him having given her the relationship she didn't think was possible.

Regarding the chapter as a whole, this was definitely a step in the right direction. Shirou's participating semi-actively in the Plan now, and it seems as if he'll be throwing down with the East in the immediate future. I like the comedy rigmarole as much as the next guy, but... about time.

6. yak

yak Moderator DLP Supporter Retired Staff

If it happens, then I called it back at Ch 9. :p

7. Oxy

Oxy Seventh Year

Heads up for those who aren't following In Flight's forum.

GB has decided to post Ch 20's deleted scenes, or more accurately false start, in the Ch 20 discussion thread. The link is here for those who want to read it.

yak
  8. yak

Thanks, Oxy. Much appreciated.

I read the false start. My initial reaction: I'm glad it got scrapped. It was a little painful to read.

Both lulzy and disturbing. :p

9. yak

tl;dr: We should see Ch21 on Sunday and Ch22 a few days after that.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

How many total conversations will be in those two chapters?

I so desperately hope that one of those two chapters has the thing that will jump start the plot.

Besides that though, I still really want to read those two chapters.

11. yak

A lot, I'm tipping. The author's notes for ch20 said that the next 2-3 chapters are going to be "Shirou giving out massive reveals to his flock. Yes, for those who have been eagerly awaiting, one of those revelations will be just what really happened between him and Rin and Saber."

Sounds like talky chapters.

You might be in luck. "Next chapter will see the first serious deviation from the Sekirei timeline,"

Maybe.

12. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

Confirmed deviation detected. Plot initiated.

First of the two chapters is out and it's looking good.

After action note: Please note I said 'initiated,' not omnipresent.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2011
  13. SmileOfTheKill

That is funny, I was thinking that this chapter did all of nothing for the plot.

What is even worse is that he said,
    When he said in the last chapter that this chapter should have some huge plot in it. I would be pissed if it wasn't for the next chapter that should have some plot advancement is coming in the next few days.

14. Random Shinobi

Random Shinobi Unspeakable DLP Supporter

Except that Haruka and Kuno will join Shirou instead of fleeing.

15. SmileOfTheKill

Unless they are going to betray Shirou at some point, I don't see them doing that much.

16. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

The point is that it's a pretty major plot divergence. An entire arc was just reversed. From this point on, shit practically has to happen.

17. yak

Ch22 author's notes:

Next Chapter; Things Happen. :D

re. Ch22: I'm glad that the story behind Shirou splitting with Rin and Saber has finally been revealed, but after waiting so long it didn't really feel like it was worth waiting for. After 20 chapters of unnecessarily delaying it, it fell pretty flat. If it was revealed earlier without all of the dramatics over it being a big secret then it would have been alright.

I think that a "big reveal" should change the way that the reader views a character, or the preceding events, or the nature of the world in which the story's taking place. This did none of those things. In fact, if you read the author's notes the big reveal was designed to change the way that the character Kazehana [not the reader] views Shirou. That's okay I suppose but in this case is underwhelming after a 20 chapter build up.

Anyway, who cares? Next chapter: Things happen. Finally.

18. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Was all like, holy shit
    he killed the Einzbern heir?!
    That really would get him in hot water. That being said from the way GB was talking I get the feeling this would have been a bigger reveal if people hadn't kept badgering him about it and he caved, but oh well.

I liked this chapter, it seems now, more then ever, that Shirou just might get back together with Rin and Saber, and that is awesome.

I can just picture Rin stating that since all of Shirou's Sekirei belong to him and she is Shirou's master then they all belong to her by default:awesome

19. Sin Saiori

Sin Saiori Death Eater

I don't know how it was for everyone else, but I felt like the "big reveal" wasn't really much of a revelation. Really, we already knew he had to flee because of the Sealing Designation and that shit went south during his escape. I can't remember in which chapter it was, but after some of his internal reminiscing, it seemed a forgone conclusion that Shirou left London to escape his fate and protect his girls.

All this chapter did was explain the finer points of the situation.

Of course, the impact on the readers will be reduced due to Shirou dumbing his story down to a third-rate romance novel. Probably would have been a lot more profound if not for that.

20. Cruentus

Cruentus Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

To be fair the hype for this reveal was made a bit too big. If you notice GB didn't really build up to it all that much. But everybody around him was making completely off the wall predictions as to what it was that happened. If nothing else he might of caved so as to put a clamp down on that shit.