1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Insightful Views on Harry Potter

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Devil Incarnate, Dec 11, 2005.

1. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

I dunno, I gotta say I like the idea. I think Harry should at least look into it, it would be a good way to kill Snape without this bullshit blocking his spells with a mere "NO POTTER!" I'm really hoping JKR goes with a DarkLord!Harry or at least a Darkbutlightsided!Harry in Book 7, especially after the death threat to Snape in HBP. If she ignores that I'm gonna be pissed.

2. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

:shock: You aren't yet?

3. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

OK good point, but I'm not quite as pissed about HBP as everyone else on this site seems to be. But if Harry comes back in Book 7, heartaching about his breakup with Ginny and still following Dumbledore's rules about not killing people, the only thing I will be happy about is that its the last book in the series. At least in HBP we get a taste of Vengeful!Harry, however small a bone attempting all those curses on Snape was. This is what I'd like to see from Book 7: Harry inheirits (sp?) his full Potter inheritance, enabling the trio to move about searching for Horcruxes freely without worrying about money. Harry is still "Dumbledore's man through and through" (BLEH I know, but she's not changing that one, guys) and thus seeks out brutal revenge on Death Eaters (using, yeah, you guessed it, Parselmagic from Slytherins library in the CoS), leaving Ron and Hermione to search out Horcruxes on their own. When he's finally killed all the fucks who've wronged him (Dursleys, Snape, both Malfoys, Bellatrix, and finally Voldemort) learns of Ginny's slipping him a love potion and he's sent into a rage where he realizes that his whole life has been manipulated by others, including (gasp) the previously oh-so-loevable Headmaster. Harry sends Ron and Hermione to Hogwarts to recruit followers against the Ministry while he himself goes to the Order of the Phoenix. The Ministry falls against his might and he installs a utopia. Thats the way it should be, based on the first 6 books, and I think JKR could get away with writing it if she had the balls.

4. Xiph0

Xiph0 Yoda Admin

:headshot: To each there own, I'd be pissed if she did that. The only thing I liked about HBP was Draco getting Sectumsempra'd -but she even ruined that.

5. Lord Supremo

Lord Supremo Second Year

True the utopia bit is a little much, but you gotta admit, if JKR has Harry take down the Ministry, she's having him set up a utopia, there will be no dictatorships or secret police squads. I'm just suggesting a way for her to salvage some dignity while still being able to preserve her "Harry is an angel" thing. In all reality HBP completely fucked over where Harry Potter was supposed to go after OotP. We should have seen Harry take down the Ministry over the summer just by the sheer will of the words of the Boy-Who-Lived, while entered some kind of combat training, took out a few DEs and perhaps grieved the death of someone close (Dumbledore or a jealous Ron are my favs). This would be followed in Book 7 by a quest by Harry to take over the world until he's stopped by American Archmage Lord Supremo, who picks up where Harry left off and rules the world with an iron fist before a coup by...well you get the idea.

6. Xanatos

Xanatos Professor

Also my favourite part