1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Investigations into Chicago (Dresden Mafia) Day 1

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Riley, Dec 27, 2011.

1. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

Well, fuck it. I can either try and save myself or accept death? Easy choice.

Lynch vote: SmileOfTheKill

I'm officially hoping for a bandwagon. He's changed lynch-target 3 times, has given what I consider superficial reasons to lynch me and hasn't answered recently despite being logged.

On the other hand, what seems to be my fault is posting too much, sounding odd and making a joke.

Also, I'm doubting Ashaya a little. Even though she could save me because she has voiced her suspicions of Smile (thus a candidate to change bandwagon), I want to see what she has to say about this.

Ashaya's posts:

1- filler
    2- filler
    3- lynch vote against Klackerz for a joke
    4- agreed with Krogan about not lynching and yet reiterating her vote to Klackerz because his joke was dumb. Making sure people know she’s not lurking.
    5- changed vote to me because I’m odd and she had chosen Klackerz as a bit of a joke, anyway.
    6- agreed with dhulli on the usefulness of accusing people to gauge their reaction (you’ll forgive me if I accuse you, then) and agreeing with mashie about Smile and his lynching-spree.

Post 4 (agreeing with Krogan) doesn’t fit with your continued voting to lynch people. Unless I misread something, explain this to me, please.

2. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

First vote, start discussion.

Second vote, still starting discussion.

Third vote, most scummy of the game along with the guy that kept signing his posts like an attention whore.

Trust me, if that is possible I should add, I went insane to get discussion going along with having some fun. I want mah Town to win and kill ze scum, and the best way to do that is discussion. The first Mafia game I was in, well bloody lurkers are the strongest. Force people to vote, keep everyone off balance, ruin gameplans.

3. Riley

Riley Alchemist DLP Supporter

Day 1:

Ashaya: 1 Klackerz (Deadline)
    SmileofTheKill: 1 Zenzao 2 Uncle Stojil
    Zennith:1 Vesvius
    UncleStojil: 1 Ashaya(deadline) 2 Smile 3 Aekiel 4 Zennith
    Votes left: 21. 15 needed for a Lynch

I will extend the day if no vote is reached. Only 12 hours will be added to this.

ALSO IF YOU HAVE NOT POSTED IN YOUR QT BY NOW, PLEASE DO SO!

4. Uncle Stojil

Uncle Stojil Auror

You mean careful trolling... I actually like that.

5. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I was agreeing with the fact that we need to gather as many posts as possible on day one, and that we had only a handful of posts to go off of at the time. We have slightly more now, but not that many.

I later agreed with dhulli that rampantly accusing people to gauge their reactions was a good strategy. This does not clash with my agreement with Krogan. I was merely saying that we need more posts so as to make a better judgment. I then tried to stir up conversation by accusing people. I had no idea about Klackerz, and I have no idea about you. I will say that at the moment, my two best guesses are you or Smile.

I simply haven't seen enough people post yet. There are people that haven't even posted yet.

6. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Makes sense to me.

7. Lindsey

Lindsey Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Gah, Didn't realize the Red King can kill people as well. So many freaking roles.

At the moment we have around 7 and a half hours until the day ends (unless we get the extension).

At this point, very few are feeling scummy to me. I have to say that Uncle Stojil does feel off. I'll see where this goes, but at the moment...

Deadline Lynch Vote: Uncle Stojil

8. Mishie

Mishie Fat Dog

Crazy idea guys, instead of just lynching the first few people that act a bit oddly, could we maybe wait for some other people to post, since considering how many factions there are, the more discussion there is the better.

9. Krogan

Krogan Alien in a Hat ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ^This

Not that Im defending Soji but it strikes me as quite odd how people are trying to get a bandwagon on him this fast on Day One.

10. SmileOfTheKill

SmileOfTheKill Magical Amber

This is bloody pointless. No one else is posting but like what, 10 people?

That is not enough, more people need to post.

11. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Partly why I wanted a longer day, looking at past mafia games Day 1 has a really long warm up period for most people. They'd rather wait for something to work with on Day Two and onwards then get something useful out of our first day.

That said with such a high scum population a Day 1 lynch actually has decent odds. Combined with Stojil's (maybe?) slip I'm putting out a tentative:

Deadline Vote: Uncle Stojil

12. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

When has first day lynch ever worked before?

Anyway, Uncle Stojl doesn't seem that scummish to me.

@SmileOfTheKill:My name is Klackerz or you can shorten it to Klack but not fucking Klaz.

13. Evan Tide

Evan Tide Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

Personally, I think we should be aiming for Red King, Dracula, and Erlking.

Those guys are the deadliest scum and the only way scums can even have some sort of real victory chance.

Right now, Stojil just seems to be trying really hard to be a joker, so I'll leave a

Deadline Lynch Vote: Uncle Stojil just in case, if we really want to hang him.

Since we don't have much info, besides a few people starting to jump at others, I'm going to go by win/loss history in other mafia games for now. If they have a high win-rate, then I'd prefer them dead just in case they turn out to be scum this round.

Jwlk and Ashaya have good win records in this regard.

As for my personal suspicion:

Stojil: Smile hit it right. His phrasing for everything leaves him apart of from us.

Smile: Vote-jumping a lot, three times so far. Admittedly, one was a joke, but still a double jump with the day still having 12+ hours, 24+ if extended? Seems like he wants a rush so we don't have much time to analyze.

Zennith: No discussion, ideas, or anything of substance. Just an instant-lynch vote with zero reason. Feels like one of the scum trying to kill one of us off early.

Also, the people who haven't posted at all, even though we had 18 hours so far:

No posts:

jwlk
    Duke of Rothwood
    Jeram

From past games, unless the baddies are really ballsy, there's usually one or two who end up being the de-facto lurkers of their group, trying to stay under the radar. If none of these three post in the next 7 hours, they're going up on my scum scale.

14. Azira

Azira High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

Well I honestly think we need a longer day 1 at the minimum, maybe longer days in general. I thought 24 hours would be enough but yeah, most people haven't even posted, and this just benefits lurking as a strategy. Also hope Riley cracks down on repetitive lurking.

That said, I think Stojil has definitely been acting weird, but I'm still not going to vote for anyone before we have more information.

15. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Reading through this, I don't really get the big scum vibe that others are from Stoji. Not that I'm saying he is innocent, just that If we are extrtending the day I want to wait for a bit more conversation to go on and hear from people we haven"t heard from. Just going into town, when I get back I will. Make a longer post with my opinions on people.

16. Moridin

Moridin Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Later days wouldn't have this as so much of an issue, as we'd have more information, but I do feel that the first day should have a bit of an extension. Riley did mention adding 12 hours more, though - that should leave sufficient time for everybody to contribute at least once.

I'd really rather not go by win-loss ratio, since town could benefit from strong players just as much as scum, and killing off the more experienced players just leaves relative newbies for the scum to manipulate that much easier. For all we hate on KaiDASH, he usually comes up with good strategies when he is town.

I'm also against lynching because someone said something like 'the town' instead of 'us' - it's really vague and could be nothing more than a choice of words that doesn't have any significance.

That said, I do think we should lynch today so in the interests of ensuring something gets done,

Deadline Vote Lynch: Uncle Stojil

That's honestly my best read so far, and the fact that others have also said the same means I'm not just imagining things - or we're getting pulled into a scum bandwagon, I guess.

17. Eternity Lost

Eternity Lost Squib

Sorry I haven't been around much.

Stoji feels ...off. He just doesn't feel like he's playing for town. So

Deadline: Uncle Stojil

We shouldn't lynch good players like Kai early just because he'd be good at playing scum Evan.

But I think there's something rotten in Stoji's bandwagon. Maybe a scum team banding together to make sure one of them isn't lynched today.

The other two players I have my eye on are SotK and Zennith.

And you have to majority lynch day one if there's no judge mechanic. Lynching gives vital information.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2011
  18. LochNess

LochNess Third Year DLP Supporter

Okay, reread the thread and I can not figure out in the slightest who is scum. Bu I have an idea. We vote one of he lurkers/ non posters out. Duke of Rothwood posted the absolute bare minimum in the last game he played, until at the very end of it I replaced him because he completely stopped posting. Maybe it is bad to metagame, but since he still hasn't posted yet, I feel that there will be a similar pattern where he barely posts and doesn't help us route out the scum. I mean, last game he was innocent, but the point is, even if he is innocent, he is not being helpful to us, and he is just causing more confusion because no one can get a read on him whatsoever, so people will alwys be suspicous of him.

If we lynch him and he ends up being innocent, I don't think it would be a huge loss. Especially I think , because the more lurkers there are, the easier it is for lurker scum to blend in instead of us realizing there is one or two big lurkers, when there are a whole bunch we can"t really put the pressure on he lurkers so much to post.

And if he is scum, well all the better for us.

So,

Vote Player: Duke of Rothwood

---------- Post automerged at 12:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

And I know it's late in the day and I had originally said there was no point of an etention because regardless we would be picking a completely random person. If other people agree my idea is a good one, then I do hope for the extension so we can come to a majority.

19. Ash

Ash Moves Like Jagger DLP Supporter

I really like LochNess' idea. As much as Uncle Stojil annoys me, he does post a fair amount.

I'm tired of the lurkers. So, this is the LAST time I switch my vote.

rescind vote
    Deadline lynch vote: Duke of Rothwood

20. Castiel

Castiel Headmaster

Vote Player: Uncle Stojil