1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Is DUMBLEDORE COMING BACK

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by ChuckDaTruck, Aug 11, 2005.

1. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

'Normal' people are naturally predisposed towards forgetting/editing/glossing over bad memories (and negative aspects of their own character) and remembering things that are associated with pleasant emotions. People who don't think like this and instead tend to remember only bad things and forget good ones are called 'clinically depressed'. I read this in a newspaper.

I think Dumbledore is dead - that scene at the funeral where Harry thinks he sees a phoenix was just there to taunt perceptive readers - you must learn to see underneath the underneath, young genin :p

What Rowling will do in the seventh book, however, is have Harry and his hangers-on go back to Hogwarts and spend two hundred pages telling Dumbledore's portrait everything they find out and religiously absorbing any little turds of wisdom he deigns to impart. I guarantee it.

2. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Oh the agony of the truth! I'ts highly discusting that what you've pointed out pretty much has a 90% possability of happening! then you gotta start thinking about how it will end...acyually i wont get started on that!

3. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

4. fatal

fatal Backtraced

That article raises quite a few good points, we'll just have to wait about a decade to find out.. :roll:

5. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

No offence but that article assumes that JKR has rules in her world that she will follow. As discussed in another thread in this forum, she doesn't. She pretty much does what she feels like doing.

6. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Well, if hes dead then hes dead, and if he aint then he aint.

7. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

Yeh but the if he lives then that means that the 2 weaklings wont follow Harry in his "quest" and well if he stays dead then the Mudblood will reign supream and the Weasel will...still be a stupid fuck head.

8. LINKed up

LINKed up Chief Warlock DLP Supporter

A certain place in a certain area of space-time, a
    Herman can go and give herself a blowjob for all I care. And as from Weasel-peasel, he can just die.

9. Tinder

Tinder Seventh Year

This is supposed to be what we think will happen not what we hope will happen. Ron dying in the first sentence of the next book would almost make up for HBP.

10. Rain

Rain Pirate Navigator of the 7 Seas

I noted the "almost", and I completly agree. Nothing, not even Ron.. not even Ginny dying in a gruesome way, could make up for HBP. Does that tell you how much I hate it? (I'd say Draco dying would make up for it, but I'm pretty sure it will happen anyway, so I'm not counting him)

(What I think will happen?) I think Dumbledore almost has to be alive, you know? How else will Harry get anything done. It's not like his character in HBP is an extremely capable one.

11. Niffler Lord

Niffler Lord Headmaster

Not capable? Bit of an understatement there don't you think? He seems too obsessed with being an idiot to be capable of anything. I swear his intelligence seems to have gone down since book 1.