1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Koalas :

Give me your top 3 people to have as wagons for EoD and why if you can.
    (Don't need to go into 3 page details, but write a sentence or two for each person, unless you already did that, then just say so).

I only glympsed over parts of the last 12 hours from bed, so I might have missed some of the reasons etc. Let me know and I will look it up myself afterwards.

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Oh.

Elect Jan

More comfortable with that then Waco.

3. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Seeing the votecount, I am really unhappy that the two people with more than 1 vote are Jari and Typhon.

The people with the 2 most posts. Yes that is not a be all and end all thing, but like ..

The people on Jari are Fontisian who has not played the game for what? 4 days.
    And Newcomb who just got back and is not even up tod ate on the thread.

Typhon, who is basically playing the same or a t least a very similar game compared to Stardew-Valley mafia, which was his last game here. He was town there.
    People somehow forget about that game for reasons unknown .. but like ..

Just for Koalas I will pick a random Thyphon post from that game or two in a spoiler :
    Town!Typhon in Stardew-Valley (3 posts .. long spoiler warning):
    I don't think this makes Typhon lock town forever, but I don't see a strong case on him either.

We need to actually get 2-3 real wagons going within the next .. 6 hours?

Whenevery anyone gets back into the thread, think about where your vote is and make a concious effort to put it somewhere where it matters. Thank you.

4. Koalas

High Score:
    3 is an incovenient number given the gamestate.

Typhon. I'm half sure I'm right. I'd like for me not always being offtrack D1 to be a thing.

Cobalt and fluff. More Cobalt. Its mostly policy lynch at this point but the content that's there is also... yeah.

fonti is in the above category but the likelyhood of that going through is minimal.

---------- Post automerged at 09:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------
    Jan I see what you're saying with the quotes but do you see what I'm saying in 519?

5. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I get your point. and 2 games ago I called Typhon out for overexplaining and being wordy .. sure I was scum and he was town .. but people were drinking the coolaid.

Or rather .. he did have a change in playstyle. Not even in one game.

There is a change of style between 3 games ago and 2 games ago.
    He is trying to somewhat evolve as a player and doing a good job for the most part.

I don't think I was able to read Typhon as well as you before his change, ebcause I rarely had him as toptown, he was mostly one of the people in my poe.
    Which makes it hard to comprehend your problem.

I read him more town for his new playstyle than I ever did with the old one.

6. Miner

Miner Order Member

Koalas I mean mostly Newcomb, but feel free if you want.

7. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Addendum to your picks :

I think I could make a at least ok case on why fonti is more likely scum.

My cases on the other two lowposters would be only about them not being around.

8. Koalas

High Score:
    Fair enough. I think the game I'm thinking of with Typhon may have just been one of those town games where everything goes right which makes a jarring difference to this. But this is standard Typhon from Stardew. Which is pretty much what he's been saying the entire time. Heh.

---------- Post automerged at 10:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:18 AM ----------

Coming out with THIS IS THE PLAN then essentially disappearing all day leaves a bad taste in my mouth. My point was that a D1 Fonti lynch is a tough sell in almost every situation.

9. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

I will look at Fonti again and see if I can make somewhat of a case ..

I don't feel good about it, because I know she will be working during End Of Day and reduced to phoneposting at best, but I cannot not make it, because I might die tonight and then no one will actually care about it unless I write it down.

---------- Post automerged at 14:53 ---------- Previous post was at 14:52 ----------

Maybe .. but I am pretty sure Miner is just waiting for the opportunity to vote her and the fact that he has not is awkward enough.

And there were several other who had lynch fonti d1 on their bucket list.

I am not saying we need to, but it is a very valid option in my book right now.

10. Koalas

High Score:
    I'll chime in after Newcomb then. The answer isn't too complicated.

---------- Post automerged at 10:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:24 AM ----------
    Jan fonti case is worth typing but with that in mind could miner be the spicier of the two?

---------- Post automerged at 10:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 AM ----------

*with the lack of vote in mind

11. Miner

Miner Order Member

Uh no. I do not want to vote fonti at this present time.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Still think the Cobalt pseudo policy lynch is the best bet for today?

13. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Interesting. This goes against what you normally want to do d1 when you are in doubt about your reads.

Do you mind defending her honor?

---------- Post automerged at 15:24 ---------- Previous post was at 15:21 ----------

I thought miner is more likely town, but his response here is a bit off.

As of right now for the next .. 5 minutes my scumteam is fonti/miner/tom/cobalt.

3 out of those 4.
    I am not sure why tom is in there, but something in my mind connects him with miner for no good reason at all.

I don't even know why .. and I don't know why scum miner would say what he did right there if he was with fonti, because that would be fairly poor play.

14. Miner

Miner Order Member

I'm not defending anyone's honor. But if we're lynching because of low activity, I'd much rather get Cobalt than fonti because comparing what little posts they've made fonti's have been objectively better for town by any standard.

Also, I don't remember ever saying that when I'm confused about my reads I lynch fonti. It's much more likely that when I'm confused about my reads I sheep fonti.

And, lastly, while a d1 fonti lynch remains the dream, it'll be for purely entertainment reasons.

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Mmm. Not sure how to take people who have been hard scumreading me since the game began suddenly waffling.

Like, cheers, glad you came around, but it feels a little like Newcomb appeared and suddenly you guys said "well fuck, maybe the stuff that Typhon has been saying ITT is actually true, and the playstyle that I don't like and the Rubicon post at the beginning aren't enough to write him off". And I'm not sure if that's just because he's better at talking to you than I am, or if it's because it's a bullshit argument and anybody who looks at it seriously would know it, and you're trying to abandon ship before you go down with it.

Probably not something that can be answered before phase end in 12 hours, but something to think about, I guess.

16. Koalas

High Score:
    I'll take that a a yes then.

---------- Post automerged at 11:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:09 AM ----------

I mean there's a difference between you saying 'this is normal for me' and someone who's used the changing playstyle as a scum strat saying 'this is normal'. Also Jan's Stardew post.

17. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I'm not actually sure this is a thing. Like, I'm not town reading Miner at all, but in no game that I've ever been in has Miner actually wanted to lynch fonti D1. He could have made it happen in SVM but didn't, for instance.

Why he pays lipservice to it if he doesn't want to do it is a different question, but not one that I care about because I'm fairly certain it's NAI.

18. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Was it Jari?

I remember a person gunning for her head d1, mostly for entertainment sure, but it happened.

I don't compare those two normally, but I am pretty sure it is between them for whatever reasons. And miner admitted the entertainment part.

19. Miner

Miner Order Member

Considering how he promised to show up yesterday, and then didn't, combined with the way that he entered into the thread earlier, doesn't really make me feel like I shouldn't lynch him.

---------- Post automerged at 09:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 AM ----------

I do it for shits and giggles and RVS.

20. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Sure.

But also the two games that have happened since the playstyle change have been TH#whatever and SVM. If you look at the beginning of TH and/or randomly open any page of SVM, you'll see people calling me out for what you and Vira did. This is not a new phenomenon. And I've said that.

And since your entire read depends on that, it feels like if you were actually trying to figure the game out you'd have glanced at those or asked someone who was in one of those games if maybe this was an actual thing. As it was, you were cruising towards a tonal shrug lynch on the top poster in the game.

I'm just trying to decide if town!Koalas would do that or not.

---------- Post automerged at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:51 AM ----------

I'm not sure. It may well have been Miner. Like he said, he used to say something about it in the opening stages of the game every time. But I've never seen any evidence in a game that I'm in that he's serious about it in any way.

---------- Post automerged at 08:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:53 AM ----------

Hmm. Why Cobalt? He is not the only inactive. Why not Fluff? Lets be honest, we're more likely to get something AI from Cobalt so we aren't rand lynching when he shows back up (or when he's replaced) than we ever are to get something from Fluff.

Any particular reason you want his shrug lynch today?