1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

That's fair, I suppose.

---------- Post automerged at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:25 PM ----------

Shit, that last bit Jarizok.

2. Rubicon

Rubicon High Inquisitor DLP Supporter

I did think you were letting me off the hook awfully easy there. :p

3. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Please remember to vote to elect as Elect: PlayerName for marketplace owner from hereon out.

Lynch Vote Count 1.1

Rubicon (2): The Waco Kid, Jarizok
    His Fluffiness (1): Miner
    Typhon (1): Vira

Not Voting (9): Cobalt, Fontisian, His Fluffiness, Jan, Koalas, Newcomb, Rubicon, Tom, Typhon

Player Currently to be Lynched at Deadline: Rubicon

Elect Vote Count 1.1

Fontisian (2): Fontisian, Typhon
    His Fluffiness (2): His Fluffiness, Jarizok
    The Waco Kid (1): The Waco Kid
    Miner (1): Miner

Not Voting (7): Cobalt, Jan, Koalas, Newcomb, Rubicon, Tom, Vira

Player Currently to be Elected at Deadline: Fontisian

Day ends in ~95 hours of this post when that countdown link expires.

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Umm, but there is, right?

Paraphrased, you're saying not having a doctor is anti-town, and she probably wouldn't have suggested it not being T1 as scum. Because it's a scummy thing to do, and your expectation of Vira is that she's not that sort of player.

Am I misrepresenting your argument?

---------- Post automerged at 10:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:32 PM ----------

'Fraid not. :p

5. Rubicon

This part - no it's not a scummy thing to do at all. It's just a small and unnecessary risk that I think she's more likely to avoid on page one.

6. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

This feels like semantics to me, although maybe I'm being unduly harsh to you. Like, it's a small and unnecessary risk because it is scummy without accomplishing anything, right? If it's a risk that a town player is more apt to take on than a scum player, it stands to reason that it's because it's a move more associated with a scum player than a town one (ie. scummy).

I'm not just being pedantic here, I have a point. Just trying to clarify exactly what you think before I make it.

---------- Post automerged at 11:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

Shakes fist impotently at the silent thread

7. Jarizok

Jarizok Auror DLP Supporter

I'm trying to not post too much, wouldn't want to end up with mega thread #3.

For what it's worth, I'm with you on Rubi and can follow your reasoning on who you'd neighbourize, so all good things.

Wanna join me in electing Fluff?

8. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I think the "super-thread" was less the issue than the nature of the posts that composed it, to be honest (talking about SVM). Vaimes said it best when he said it devolved into a nasty you vs. me game - there wasn't a ton of revaluation going on because people were emotionally exhausted from being salty at each other after D1 on top of being fatigued from length, nobody really want to be/admit they were wrong, and we tore each other apart. High volume games don't have to be that way - that's not the rule or anything.

But no, not particularly. Why Fluff?

9. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Elect Jarizok

10. Jarizok

He's the only one so far that just straight up said: "if I'm elected, I'll increase the odds of x"

I also like the sound of his plan. It's similar to what I'd do myself.

---------- Post automerged at 05:30 ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 ----------

Thanks tom!

11. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    I will shitpost with you.

---------- Post automerged at 21:32 ---------- Previous post was at 21:30 ----------

This was jarring.

12. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I made a post earlier about considerations that we should have regarding the marketplace owner. Did you agree with it? How do you think fluff fits into that?

13. Jarizok

Can't say too much about anyone's towniness yet at this point so dunno if Fluff qualifies, but I obviously agree that the market owner needs to be townie.

Sticking to the plan would be good, but I also like Fluff as market owner because it's a shortcut to an active game for town!fluff.

14. tom

tom First Year

High Score:
    Hmm. Pleasantly jarred it turns out.

Vote: Typhon

15. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Hmm. Not sure that I agree with the second point. It doesn't seem more likely to you that Fluff would use the position to lurk as town?

16. Jarizok

I imagine if you've got that responsibility as town, you'll be in the midst of things. May not turn out that way, but history has taught us that fluff doesn't need an excuse to lurk, so might as well try it!

17. Rubicon

Apparently I can read his fluffiness now, so I'd prefer to make him do something town before giving him that responsibility.

The risk is that people might associate it with scum. That doesn't make it scummy.

If risky and scummy were the same, no one would ever be mislynched!

---------- Post automerged at 10:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:59 PM ----------

Could be we're using different definitions of the word scummy. "Things that are commonly considered suspicious" versus "things that are actually more likely to come from scum."

18. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

I got home just in time for a storm to knock my power out, and my phone is on 2%, so this is it for me for a bit. Catch you guys tomorrow. (Rubicon, I'll do my part and make my point tomorrow, thanks for answering my questions!)

19. Newcomb

Newcomb Minister of Magic

Villagery popin

We will be forcing the D1 lynch to bid $500 on hitman.

Villagery popout

20. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Yes.

I think that Rubicon sort of has a point about Vira, in that Vira's lack of knowledge of the doctor and hitman interactions makes it unlikely that she's discussed the roles with teammates. Especially since there is one hitman and she keeps saying there are two.

It important to bid early, to force scum to bid /more/ than 500 as opposed to just 500.

Vote: Jarizok

I wanted that color to be light blue, but phone posting is hard.

Night.

---------- Post automerged at 02:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Oooh, this is good.

---------- Post automerged at 02:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 AM ----------

Unless they're scum because mumble mumble mumble, so at least one town should have a 200 safety bet or something on it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

Advancing the odds of bulletproof is probably a good idea. Was kind of hoping it'd be around on day 1, heh.