1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

It's An Owners Market - Game Over!

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Regfan, Mar 23, 2017.

1. Nachomamma8

Nachomamma8 Muggle

High Score:
    Typhon, you okay? Please don't run this to deadline, I won't be upset with anyone if we lose but if this gets decided by deadline shenanigans I'm throwing all of my toys out of the crib

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:38 AM ----------

his fluffiness

---------- Post automerged at 07:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 AM ----------

you too mister

2. Koalas

Koalas First Year ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yes. My bad. But way to focus on the least important details. It's like you're taking lessons from Nacho.

---------- Post automerged at 10:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------
    Typhon I know you're thinking but do me a favor. Give tom a quick reread with either team in mind. Especially 696. Forget the infinite scum range paranoia for 2 seconds and just look at it like you would a scum post.

3. Nachomamma8

Nachomamma8 Muggle

High Score:
    I'm going to sleep for a while.

Here's to hoping that I'm waking up to a Typhon post! ;)

4. Typhon

Typhon Order Member

Goddamn it all. I just wrote up a big ass post, and DLP ate it.

Look, I've talked myself backwards and forwards on this. I went through a lot of stuff and sort of the timeline of my reasoning before, but I don't have much time before I need to go make some arrangements now, so I'm going to have to keep this brief.

Nacho, dude, I'm really sorry if you're town. Town in general deserved more than they got in this game out of me, but here we are.

Too much makes sense, I think, for Fluff/Nacho. The way Fluff didn't throw down a vote (unfair in a sense, because I asked him not to, but at this point the battle lines are drawn - it feels like he's waiting to hammer immediately after I vote). The speed at which Fluff claimed Doc after asking if he should claim - quicker than Jan or I could say no, if we were inclined. The way that their money works out perfectly. The gut feelings Jan and I had wrt Nacho's D2/D3 play. Nacho's tacit encouragement of me to hammer in the aftermath of the reaction test because they couldn't CC - there wasn't enough money. The way that if it's Koalas/Tammy, there were 7 town players on the tom lynch - none were scum. The way in which Fluff bid 300 instead of 301 or 302 on Doc; a curious mistake for an otherwise adroit play that preserved either 200 (which was fairly unlikely to win any tiebreaks) or 500, which is important for obvious reasons. And why would Fluff buy the BP over the Jailkeeper - in what world is Fluff the shot.

A list like that can be made for the other side (and was in the original post), but I kinda think this one is more compelling. And in a certain sense, I really don't want to lose to Fluff again because I treated his scummy things as Fluff things.

So yeah, I am sorry that you've gotten these last couple of gamedays from me like this. I'll take the blame for the loss if it is one - it's on me.

But.

Lynch Vote: Nachomamma8

5. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Seriously?

Well congrats to scum I guess.

6. Jan

Jan Fourth Year

Stop posting please.

7. Nachomamma8

Nachomamma8 Muggle

High Score:
    Would have liked if you talked to me about the read before hammering - I've been staying awake just in case you wanted to talk with me about it, but it's on me that I didn't make that clearer earlier.

For what it's worth, loss still isn't entirely on you - I didn't exactly play a stellar game here, so.

---------- Post automerged at 10:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:47 AM ----------

Sorry, got ninja'd - didn't know twilight posting was against the rules.

8. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    As Jan said, no more posting!

---------- Post automerged at 11:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:03 AM ----------

End of Day Lynch Vote Count

Nachomamma8 (3): Koalas, Tammy, Typhon (LYNCH)
    Koalas (1): Nachomamma8 (L-2)

Not Voting (1): His Fluffiness

***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

It had finally arrived, that point in the game where the auctioneers just had to be right or all die a nasty death. Someone had thought the best way to catch the killer was matching up the size 15 bloody shoe they'd found in the corner of the room with everyone still alive. "That's a silly idea, lets ignore the shoe, please listen to me I'm a paragon winner and a golden god" lied Nachomamma8 desperately knowing that they'd soon realise with him being 6'11 the shoe could only belong to him, unfortunately for him this didn't work. You know what they say about big feet? They're covered by big socks.

Nachomamma8, the Vanilla Mafia was hung by his socks Day Five.

It is now Night Five which will end in ~22 Hours. Night actions are due 1 hour before deadline. If I get a PM from every living player stating they're okay with a speed night I will reduce the night length.

9. Prophylaxis

Prophylaxis Squib

RegfanMadeMeDoIt™

10. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    ***DISCLAIMER: THERE ARE NO CLUES IN MOD SCENES, ONLY FLAVOR TO MAKE THE GAME AMUSING***

The fifth night was reaching it's conclusion and Typhon had convinced the others that they should celebrate their conquests of surviving this long with a few drinks, he'd used the excuse that it was to pay tribute to their fallen comrades but really it was just because Typhon wanted an excuse to perform his favourite song by Weird Al Yankovic (Which was also an accurate portrayal of himself) with an easier crowd, "They see me mowing, my front lawn, I know they're all thinking; I'm so white and nerdy" he'd drunkenly mumbled, he wasn't very musically inclined, even after years of piano lessons he still hadn't learned chopsticks but he was still beloved enough that people would fake an applause afterwards. "Waiaaaat, there's still 1 more murderer, isn't there? We gots to catch them or we lose, I mean die. I guess it could be me." he'd blurted out met by confused looks, a drunken confession? They found him murdered with his prop calculator the next morning.

Typhon, the Vanilla Townie died during night five.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote Count 6.0

Not Voting (3): Tammy, His Fluffiness, Koalas

Days end early when a majority of players vote to lynch somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end without a lynch. With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline is in ~48 Hours of this post when that countdown link expires.

Day Six has now started, you may now post!

11. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Koalas has to be town here just due to auction math.

Tammy is the last scum.

---------- Post automerged at 09:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

Which explains why Nacho would go after Koalas, who was under less suspicion then tammy was.

Vote Tammy

---------- Post automerged at 09:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

Please be town here, Koalas.

12. Koalas

High Score:
    Hey fluff.

Why did you buy Bullet Proof over Jail Keeper?
    Why did you refuse to share valuable information in Lylo?
    Why does the scum team of Tammy/Nacho spend 248 on Neighbourizer?

---------- Post automerged at 09:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 AM ----------

AND, yesterDay, why was there such a delay with you answering any of my question.

13. Regfan

Regfan First Year

High Score:
    Vote Count 6.1

Tammy (1): His Flufiness (L-1)

Not Voting (2): Tammy, Koalas

Days end early when a majority of players vote to lynch somebody. If a majority is not reached at deadline or if a majority of the players vote for no lynch, the day will end without a lynch. With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch.

Deadline is in ~36 Hours of this post when that countdown link expires.

14. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I bought bullet proof because I figured it was the one I was most likely to get. Also, I hoped that if I had to claim doc i'd be town enough to absorb a shot.

I have no clue why they bought neighborizer. TBH I was planning on nabbing it to link up with Typhon and Jan so I could claim doc to them and we could form a reverse coven of sorts.

I have no clue why i didn't claim right away and share the info. I kept thinking that I could make use of my role even though we were in Lylo, which, in hindsight, was terrible play.

I thought you were scum, so I just kind of dismissed you yesterday when I shouldn't have.

Koalas, why would Nacho claim to have seen you and not tammy when tammy was probably an easy lynch? Especially since there would have been no one to counterclaim?

15. Koalas

High Score:
    After Jan expressly said he was buying Dayvig.. you thought you were the nk target.

16. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I bid in the opening seconds of the day, so I didn't actually see his claim before bidding.

17. Koalas

High Score:
    Why? It's not like you weren't being outbid if anyone else wanted it.

---------- Post automerged at 02:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:30 PM ----------
    Tammy get in here

18. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

I figured as the least powerfull role I would be most likely to get it, with the side benefit of me (hopefully) being townfirmed through a doc claim and taking a bullet.

---------- Post automerged at 01:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:27 PM ----------

So I just went all in on it.

19. Koalas

High Score:
    You're making a strange assumption here that scum knew who had tracker.

20. Fluffiness

Fluffiness DA Member

Tammy bought tracker, didn't she?

Also, look at the progression of events. Nacho claims that you are scum. I say that tammy is scum, and one of you two is scum. Nacho agrees.

Instead if just voting tammy, since she could definitely die (Vira died pointing fingers at her, she's been under suspicion from various people the whole game), Nacho starts on you.

Tammy comes to your defense, trying to tie you two together and make me vote you, so she can swap her vote and win.

Nacho went after the harder to lynch target because the other one was town.