1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

And Amy and Dels realized they could pocket you when you called out to them D2, and they decided to protect you and use you through the game. And use you as a shield if Cuth flipped.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

The problem with my reads going into this phase of Font w Dels v is that this is more believable than you pushing Amy to the extent that you did.

My head hurts. I really don't want to be wrong here.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It does fit a pocket that Dels goes into toDay ready to vote you because I'm townreading him.

4. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

FUCK.

Fonti. If you're wolfing here and I wind up trusting you just know that I'll never take you seriously in a situation like this again.

5. fontisian

I uh, I think town!Dels should know I'm town here, but that obviously can't convince you.

6. fontisian

Cobalt.

I swear to you, I am town.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Fucking hell.

Okay.

Help me get to wolf Dels because I still need help believing it.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I'm sleeping on this. Back tomorrow.

9. fontisian

That's a good idea, I think. I'll be up a bit longer, let me know of there's anything I can do.

10. fontisian

I guess I'll add that I wasn't just pushing Amy. If you look at what I did with Cuth d2, I was trying to convince tom and Rubicon specifically to vote him, and stay on him at eod. That's part of why I lashed out so badly at tom afterwards, because I thought he was convinced and living in the amy/cuth world with me, and instead he voted for Jari, who was never scum with Amy, because she was trying to yeet him. And I had explained that to him. And then he voted Jari anyway. It was super tilting.

And I know pushing Waco over tom as the yeet d4 doesn't sound like a villagery thing, because they were both town, but imagine how much better final 5 would have been if Rubicon was the to defend himself and help find the wolf instead of Waco. I wanted to yeet Waco because I thought he didn't look good in both scum!Amy and scum!tom worlds, but as scum there I could have pushed to yeet someone who was only in scum!tom worlds.

11. fontisian

I'm kind of worried I'm being pocketed and ignoring what literally everyone has told me to do, but like, what the fuck is town!Dels doing here? How is he this wrong all game?

And being right on Cobalt and using that to win this game would be sooo delicious, especially after Von and Reg insisted we be the yeets.

12. fontisian

And I'm kind of wondering if Dels didn't give me the answer earlier Today, when he talked about assessing the player who's trying versus the player who isn't, and leaned towards townreading Cobalt of the two of us. Because Dels is the player that's been trying more throughout the game and should have a better game than this, and I should be recognizing that Cobalt just doesn't feel like scum.

13. fontisian

And if Cobalt is scum, Dels is the reason he got this point, as much as I have been. Dels was right there with me on Vaimes and Waco, and he defended Cobalt and me along the way. Scum!Dels wanted this final three, because he knows he has Cobalt in his pocket, and he knows I feel like I need to yeet Cobalt to be faithful to the town who have died.

I guess once he was at final 5, a final 3 of me/waco/dels is almost as good for him, especially after I'd been pushing Waco. And I started the Day defending Cobalt and trying to keep him alive, not Dels, so scum!Dels could have easily just decided to hop on board and felt confident that he had a strong enough pocket on Cobalt to survive final 3. And that's why he kept reinforcing the townread on Cobalt during that Day, when I was questioning things.

And like, I obviously don't disagree with his townread on Cobalt, it's something that I've shared for a lot of the game. So, what if it's just real, Cobalt is just town, and Dels has just been using him?

Cobalt, I tried to get you to talk Yesterday and to help me figure things out, and I prodded you with questions, because I didn't know what was going to happen except that I couldn't count on Waco flipping wolf. I pressured you, but I never tried to pocket you. But unless I'm misremembering, Dels didn't doubt like I did, because scum!Dels doesn't need to, he already had us exactly where he needs us. And he's willing to doubt now, of course, because he needs us to fight and needs to put a vote down like I've been threatening to. So he starts drawing on his real town meta of needing to bounce reads of people to excuse him not committing to either of us and just tries to empathize with whoever is present in the hopes of getting us to vote.

And Dels, I get that non of that is fair to you, and you could just be having a terrible game, and I'm sorry if you are, but tough luck, we're in lylo now and I'm not here to spare your feelings. If you're town, I need you to show me it when you get in here tomorrow.

14. fontisian

15. fontisian

Dels said he had never been to final 3. Well if he's the kind of wolf that hard defends partners like he would have had to have done, then of course he's never been a wolf in final 3. And as town, he's supposed to be right so much more than this, so he never makes it this far.

How did he not see what I saw in Cuth? How did he keep defending Amy, when he apparently knows her super well, when Gemma, who doesn't know Amy at all, figured her out? How did he read Amy's Jari case, and the rebutals from me and Reg, and think Jari was the right vote? He's supposed to be better than this.

16. fontisian

Live footage of Regfan:
    [​IMG]

17. fontisian

The townread Dels was that it felt like he was genuinely trying to with Amy, and she was genuinely trying to work with him. But who gives a shit, those two could fake it. And Cuth didn't feel like he was trying to work with Dels, because he can't fake it as well. But Dels felt like he was trying to work with Cuth, again, because he can fake it and Cuth can't.

If I take a step back, and imagine describing this game to someone with almost no context, Dels is the obvious fucking wolf. When is the scum ever the guy who gets pocketed all the time and not the super strong towny who was "wrong" to the end?

18. fontisian

Is that bird screaming from happiness or terror? I don't know.

I need to grab quotes tomorrow for Cobalt about the counter town circle from Day 2. It was Cobalt, Dels and Sloth, with all three of them being really wrong on cuth. I feel like that was Dels stepping in and taking advantage, constructing his own block to oppose reg. And I pushed back on at the time, and fucking stepped and said the counter town block was towny for Dels, because of course she did.

@Cobalt why did you think Reg was being pocketed d2? Who did you think was pocketing him? This is important.

Sorry that I'm a mess. The game feels so much fresher not being locked in on you, and the same time I feel like I'm ruining everything, heh.

19. fontisian

This is why I needed Reg to help me townread Dels and Waco, because I'm terrible and I don't understand.

20. fontisian

God, I hope I'm never in this situation again.