1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

My dude, if you are town, literally everything is the right thing. Overwhelm me with your thoughts, throw in anything you were thinking even if you think it might make you look bad. Trust me to get there if I have enough information.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

In regards to Cuth here if I were on his team I would've asked him to claim JOAT

A vanilla claim is not the correct move there if you're a wolf.

That's one of the reasons why I still felt he was a misyeet, and if he WAS a misyeet, I was expressing genuine concern here that we'd have been led astray for far too long and that would've been 3 phases without a wolf yeet.

I was wrong, but still. It was coming from a real and genuine concern.

3. fontisian

Also, if you could link me to your last town final 3, that would be helpful.

4. fontisian

Ok, so you're trying to convince me your thoughts were towny. Don't do that. Just present them as what you were thinking at the time.

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I don't know if I've had a town F3.

The last time I F3'd here was as a wolf in that ridiculous game where I no killed a bunch.

I don't recall being in a F3 as town, here or elsewhere.

Possibly GTF? But the site got taken down so I can't even look there.

6. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Okay. Fuck.

7. fontisian

Link the wolf game then, please.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Actually I'm pretty sure I F3'd at GTF once upon a time

But those games are gone with the wind unfortunately

9. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

https://forums.darklordpotter.net/posts/919691/

There

I think I spent most of that F3 trying to convince Proph that Acio was a scum JOAT with a neighborizer stock

It was bizarre.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I know I'm not supposed to be trying to convince you why things are towny but this is a series of posts that never happens in the game thread if I have scum chat.

That being said:

As far as Jarizok is concerned here, his logic was off. He was hypothetically talking about being a JOAT and thinking he'd be dead by a certain period of time, which wasn't true, because he'd be mechanically cleared as long as he cooperated.

One of the reasons why I went hard on Jarizok is because of this erratic kind of posting, where he said things that didn't add up and felt like they were just coming from a wolf.

11. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

At this moment in time I was basically just shrugging because a JOAT claim just meant I was plain wrong on Tom.

I got the fire lit under me after Sloth claimed though.

Literally lit.

When I talk about Amy/Sloth protecting each other for the wine, I was sort of referencing Champs G6 that I played. We had one JOAT out in the open since the beginning of the game, and scum never shot at him over 2 NKs because of wine - the other JOAT could've just protected him, etc. Then we had both JOATs out in the open starting D2, and they didn't shoot EITHER of them. Primarily because the last scum was inexperienced, but still.

It was a short game, but the implications of having both JOAT's at the reset point in their actions cycle means either of them can doc the other whenever they want. I was excited about this prospect because then we'd get more night results the longer they remained alive, if the JOATs were really Amy and Sloth and if we lynched Tom.

12. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I did forget that I claimed VT here (and at multiple other points in the game) but even so, I still believe that in a Cobalt/Amy team with Fontisian as a villager, Fonti being the only real heat that Amy was getting, with half the thread having wagoned me the day before, I'm the prime candidate to take the JOAT claim. I can just say in this scenario, "oh, I claimed VT but would've claimed JOAT if I got any more pressure" and take the counterclaim there, allowing Amy to go further in the game.

What actually happened is that Dels had NO heat, so Amy ate the CC because Dels had me in his pocket and wasn't a high priority yeet in the PoE. Which is obviously the optimal play, because Dels ended up in F3.

13. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is funny because Cuth did exactly that w/r/t Amy/Dels.

14. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Still true.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is one of the reasons why I went into this F3 initially thinking Fonti was a wolf.

Vaimes was certain that lynching through Cobalt / Fonti ended the game, and when I was wrong about him and found out that he was town I was inclined to follow his beliefs. That, and with a larger portion being how I felt about Dels so far.

And Dels did a great job of pocketing me, but in the end I decided to go with Font. I'm gonna talk a little bit about this phase so far.

16. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This is going to be from an objective POV even though the only person I'm really talking at at this point in the game is Fonti, I'm still going to refer to her in the third person.

The biggest thing that made me nervous about this F3 is that I like and respect both Dels and Fonti and was overwhelmed by the volume on both sides.

I think I've sort of devolved as a player in some aspects, because the huge walls are now kind of daunting to me and I haven't really been constructing them as much, which is a detriment when Fonti and Dels are both walling all over the place in this phase.

But I think the tone shift is important - I started to be swayed by Fonti, and then made the decision to trust her. I thought the way she was reacting when initially Dels and I were both aimed at her was towards the genuine end of the frustration scale, and when she swore to me that she was town, I felt it in my bones.

I've played games with town Fonti, and I've played games with wolf Fonti. Although my town read on Dels was initially one of my strongest reads going into this phase, at the heart of it all I didn't feel as though Fonti had aggressively controlled the narrative in the way that she can do as scum. She supported Reg, and worked with the towncircle, and even though the PoE was wrong, stuck to her guns in a way that town Fonti does. So when it came down to it, and the opportunity was presented to just trust her already, I took it.

I still wasn't sure how to let go of my townread on Dels. But as it progressed and as Dels returned to the thread, I knew that once it was clear that I wasn't planning to vote Fonti anymore, that Dels' narrative would turn. And to his credit, he turned around in a very genuine way. A way that I half believed when I was reading it, even though I'd already made my decision to trust Fonti.

I don't blame you, Fonti, for believing Dels. I still half-believe him when reading his posts, and he's a lock wolf now. What I do hope though, is that you'll see Dels' turnaround for what it really was - opportunism.

In a world where I never reconsider on Fonti, Dels has no reason not to vote her. In this world, where I've decided to TRUST Fonti, Dels decided that it was easier to convince Fonti to vote me than it would be to convince me to back off on trusting Fonti. Because that's literally what happened.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

And he's already proven it to be correct, that it was easier to convince Fonti than me. Fonti is way more heavily considering me than Dels. And I'm half hoping that I can convince Fonti of the truth before Dels gets back because I know he's just going to fucking bury me.

So that's where I'm at. I'll continue to look for things to talk about, but just... I could've played it safe and stuck to my reads and not stuck my neck out for you, Font, because until I decided to trust you, you were the consensus lynch. Just please keep that in mind, that as a wolf, I have no reason to change things up if me and Dels are united.

I changed things up because I believed you. And I hope you can believe me too.

18. fontisian

Can you zoom in on when you started to be swayed by me? Like, grab specific quotes from my posts if you have to.

19. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This hit me because like, I didn't want to come off like I didn't care. And it felt like you wouldn't have a reason to be upset about it unless you were genuinely pleading your case and you were actually a villager. And I also have been in that spot and not knowing what to do, and it sucks, so it resonated with me. Let me pull the other quotes.

20. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

This post also resonated with me as well. Shortly after it I did say that I WANTED to believe you, but just didn't yet.

I know what it's like to be town and that desire for another player to just find you as a villager. I get that. And the way you demanded to just fucking find you came across as really genuine and was starting to get the ball turning. But it was the post that I quoted already, plus talking myself through Dels being able to pocket me, that wound up swaying me in the long run.