1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

JoaT^2 15er - A Mafia Game

Discussion in 'Little Italy' started by Eidolonic, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

And I'm hoping that after all of this that you can just find me as well.

2. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I know you know me. So I'm really just banking on that at this point.

Based on ability, Dels could bury me. Based on content, Dels has produced more and better. Based on gameplay, we've done similar things in defending the other wolves.

Literally the only thing that I have left going for me is that you know, deep down, you KNOW this is not how Scumbalt plays. I'm really just praying that that familiarity and knowledge of my playstyle comes through here.

Because Dels has played a better game than me and if I lose to that, I get it, but it would still suck major ass.

3. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I keep thinking back to all the other times that my strongest townreads, like Dels in this game, were actually wolves and I wound up flat on my ass for believing in those reads.

Like in whatever WH it was when I fake claimed Oracle with a green on shadowlancer and he wound up being a witch.

Like how Waco says to just flip my reads list upside down to find wolves. It hurts, but a lot of the times it can be true.

I'll just be really upset if I let Dels snow me for the entire game, and by the time I turned around, it was too late.

4. fontisian

fontisian Slug Club Member

Can you look at how Dels fooled you here? Like, really get into the feelings and what led you to being so sure he was town and figure out what went wrong?

5. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Is there anything else specific that I can clarify, @fontisian ?

6. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay. I'm exhausted, but I'm gonna do the things you asked because I know I have to.

Seeing Cobalt flood the thread with posts about how he's so town and you should know it is, like. I can't even respond because getting into a slapfight with him over "no you're not town for that" would be worthless, it's just. Kind of eye opening. It's so weird to see a wolf wolfing when you know they're a wolf, from in-game. I won't feel bad if I get voted here but I know it's also my duty to make sure he doesn't actually convince you he's town.

7. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

It's really just me.

I do this a lot. I see people who echo my thoughts, have similar reads as me, and I entrench myself into thinking that they're town. Like, he snowed me because of myself, not because he specifically influenced me in any way.

What I still have yet to get through my thick fucking skull is that sometimes wolves also construct the same reads and it doesn't mean that they're also a villager just because they match yours.

And okay, it was also a little bit of how Dels and Amy were both reading me town that made me feel comfortable with Dels. Like, I was comfortable because it seemed like they were the only people in the game who could actually read me correctly, and there's a sort of vindication in being correctly townread by someone when half the game is pushing you and I kind of latched on to that.

I don't think I ever reconsidered because we had a pretty ironclad PoE that we marched down, but it wasn't until coming around on you that I realized he was basically just pocketing me.

8. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

And THIS shit is really fucking frustrating because I know that Dels will probably bury me and you will vote me and we will lose.

Whatever.

9. Dels

Dels Muggle

Cobalt, I am legit not going to bury you. I said I wasn't going to. You can play your game. I'm commenting on it because it's just so weird and I couldn't help but say my thoughts out loud. I'm not scumcasing you. You do your thing. I'll do mine.

10. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

I just want to reiterate that as a wolf here, why don't I just stick with Dels and lynch Fonti? Like that's literally the easiest thing for me to do.

11. Dels

Dels Muggle

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of this might involve me towncasing myself or giving self-meta, which I think you know I hate doing. But I'll also try to explain my thought processes where I can.

I'm starting with finding stuff Reg/Gemma said about me. The fact that you asked makes it easier for me to go get them.

12. Dels

Dels Muggle

Fonti was very convincing. I think you could tell she was, from your conversation with her, and you saw I was being convinced by her every time I spoke with her too. You also read her big day 2 wall, which I hadn't read yet, and I think that helped you know she wasn't gonna be pushable, for... well, all the reasons I said after I read it, which would mean you were right to think so.

13. Dels

Dels Muggle

Beyond that I think you just, like. Needed to look like you were evaluating things. If you just stick with "It's always Fonti" and shut her out while she's trying to talk with you for hours, there's a very good chance I see that in the morning and think "Man, Fonti was being really towny there and Cobalt was not giving her an inch", so you'd have felt you had to come around to her a bit. Especially since you'd know that me, as town, had that reaction to her and I might find it weird if you didn't. It's not like I was ever locked on voting Fonti, and even if I was, you as a wolf need to look open-minded and not just urge me on, or I'd get sketched.

14. Dels

Dels Muggle

Meh. I said I wasn't gonna reply to you, but this seemed relevant because I think it's a totally false narrative to say you had no reason not to stick with it.

15. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

Stop talking to me about what I supposedly did as if I don't know with 100% certainty that you're a wolf.

Lmao.

16. Dels

Dels Muggle

-_- I'm addressing your argument. I can say why your argument is wrong. I'm not telling you you're a wolf, I'm responding to it for Fonti's sake.

17. Cobalt

Cobalt Third Year

But you SHOULD be telling me I'm a wolf.

The fact that you're not, and claiming it's just for Fonti's sake, is bullshit. If you're supposedly town then I'm 100% a wolf to you. Yet the way you're treating me doesn't indicate that.

I smell bullshit.

18. Dels

Dels Muggle

Okay, busywork time.

Page 7 of Reg's ISO:

His final post about me:

With this addendum:

He did also say this, giving you permission to clear Cobalt and overturn his read on me:

Some other posts:

19. Dels

Dels Muggle

...No I shouldn't? Why would I be telling you you're a wolf? I don't feel the need to scream at you. You're just doing what you have to do. It's a game, I expect you to be lying your ass off right now. A shouting match does nothing. I responded to that post because you posted a reason to be town that I felt I needed to dismantle.

20. Dels

Dels Muggle

Page 6 of Reg's ISO:

Not directly about me, but rules me out as scum:

(Townread of me after I outlined my worldview at start of the Vaimes day:)

Page 5: (He doesn't really have me as town here, but thinks Amy/Dels are unaligned)

Snipped some parts of this, click for full context, but more about me/Amy:

Barely about me but whatever I'm being thorough:

I'm gonna stop here with Reg, I don't think he townread me before that day other than having an anti-align with Amy, and you have the stuff he townread me for day 2 in your ISO.