1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Journeyman Potter by draco664 - T

Discussion in 'General Fics' started by ip82, Nov 15, 2005.

1. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

At The Moment.

2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

The story's 1st person view rocks, almost as good as 2nd person. (Not enough of those...) The only thing I can't stand is Hermione.

Harry/Fawkes?

What the fuck?

Is that the one where they fly around the world and have firesex? At the end there is an egg...

Dumbles walks in and gets curious, lol.

Well, could be weirder. How's Rise of Chaos?

3. ChuckDaTruck

ChuckDaTruck Overlord

Nope. That his other fic, Betrayal of the Worst Kind

First ones okay, but sequel sucks.

Ending of the first was also disappointing, but tolerable.

4. tridentwatch

tridentwatch Looked into the void

I have rise of chaos downloaded on me computer. Should I post it in author's section for you guys or is it not allowed? Fanfiction.net deleted it or something?
    :nazi

5. Cervus

Cervus Raptured to Hell

No, I don't think you should. Not without the original authors expressed permission.

6. tridentwatch

I know this is a bit off topic but I just finished the rise of chaos. The story, although abandoned and incomplete was awesome! The first-person thingie certainly made it unique.

7. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

I spent the last 3 days reading it, and i must say i cherish each second...

8. tridentwatch

Last three days reading what? Rise of Chaos or Journeyman Potter?

BTW is Journeyman Potter updated yet?

9. Sepanto

Sepanto Groundskeeper

Apprentice and journyman potter.

10. Teal_Thanatos

Teal_Thanatos First Year

just read the story, loved it. Especially when he tossed snape down the stairs

11. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

Could you send me a copy of rise of chaos tident, or is that not allowed?

12. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

The author of Rise of Chaos is Taliath or liath. He's around these forums now mainly talking about his new fic "Young Again: The Rewrite."

And I believe, until the author says no, you can get it from the files section at IP82's yahoogroup here: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/HPRecycleBin/

(trident got banned for plagiarism afaik)

13. Lord Osiris

Lord Osiris Auror

gotta say that this is starting to one of my most liked fics this and it's prequal, maybe take Herman out of the picture and then brutaly butcher her, but then im geting to far ahead of myself, I like the way that he broke into the Vatican that was quite well done.

14. zUzaque

zUzaque Seventh Year

Thanks for the link.

15. ip82

ip82 Prisoner

Updated! Great twist with Snape, I didn't see that one coming. A part with Dumbledore's letter seemed forced and lame, but overall, still a great story.

16. Shuujaku

Shuujaku Fourth Year

I liked the newest chapter, even if the Hermione bit seems like it may just be relationship drama to resolve later.

17. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yeah... the Snape thing surprised me. Very interesting little twist there. Lovely chapter. I do so enjoy reading and re-reading this story.

Not sure what it is, but I often don't even notice the difference between 1st person and 3rd person. But that's because I always like to be in Harry's head while reading a fic. And in those moments Harry does something that I cannot comprehend or imagine, I get knocked out of it and usually drop the fic.

2nd person just seems so odd to read. Impossible to immerse in.

But I'm digressing. This chapter was kind of a morbid, cold dose of reality after all the angry snarky fun, but we've still got a horcrux adventure ahead of us. Here's hoping for more updates. Even though it was less than a month for this one. For some reason it felt longer.

18. Ryuu Ken

Ryuu Ken Second Year

Snape being dead kind of took me by surprise. Normally in a fic where Snape does die, it's mostly very brutal and full of combat. Somehow breaking a neck doesn't sound half as impressive.

draco664 isn't someone who I've read a lot off, so that's what I'm going to do now.

19. Chilli

Chilli Seventh Year DLP Supporter

That's what I loved about it. Completely unexpected, and such a mundane way for Snape to go. Hehe, can you imagine how pissed he'd be _now_? He didn't even manage an impressive death. heehee.

I liked how the author handled Harry's reaction. I mean, everyone, at some point in their lives, say things like "if you do that again, you'll pay" and they never really mean it (Harry probably just meant that to be a beating), , so when it actually happened it must have been a huge shock for him.

20. Master Slytherin

Master Slytherin Headmaster

I've read Apprentice Potter and Journeyman Potter and both are now without a doubt the best stories I've read in the past twelve months.

At first I was reluctant to read as I caught whiff of the 1st person but it really does work. In most other 3rd person situations, Harry would look like a spoiled bastard but here we get his reasoning behind it.

What I also love is the fact that every single chapter is relevant. Every single chapter is interesting and captivating in its own right and have some way of driving the plot forward. No 108 chapters where you have to skim over most of it but 100% relevant. I don't think I even skimmed over a paragraph even it was so good, it was almost like a real novel in that sense.

I'm happy Snape's dead now, he almost overused the Snape!bashing card but the death came almost at the right time. I hope with everything I can hope on that Hermione is no longer part of the love triangle. They'll tentatively make up and go back to friends leaving my favourite character Blaise to share a proper realtionship with Harry (yeah you can call me traditional or realistic or whatever but two girlfriends just can't work even for the best authors, this fic showed that). If that happens, this will be the best fanfiction I've ever read.

My favourite parts are perhaps the subtle jokes he adds in (for example asking a priest who is sworn to celibacy about pregnancy help >_<), they really lighten the mood and make it entertaining (something some overly serious authors, myself included, should take note of). The duelling was also well done and the fact that we weren't given minute-by-minute accounts of what Harry was doing througout the year was another added bonus.

I was wondering where Draco664 had gone off to after Midday Duel, Midday Love was taken off ff.net for whatever reason and I was pleasantly surprised to find that this fic tops it. Wonderful.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2006