1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Kane Live's- Command and Conquer 3 Tiberium Wars

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Nytmare, Jan 13, 2007.

1. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm so gonna have to upgrade my graphics card now. Damn. Still looks like a fucking brilliant game.

I have every C&C game available at this point in time (Playstation and PC), currently going through Tiberian Sun/Firestorm again, but I think I prefer Generals or Red Alert 2.

Good links, thanks for those.

2. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Gamespot comments tend to always/nearly always be negative. Some people don't have anything better to do than criticise everything heh. I generally just skim them after reading the article.

And yeah, I'm also going to be a release day buyer for this one. It intrigued me at E3 last year and has just got better and better since. The only thing that could have topped it was Supreme Commander, but after trying that its fallen far short of my expectations (bad implementation etc) so my RTS hopes are pinned on C&C3 atm. From the articles and screenies it looks like its not going to let me down :)

3. InfernoCannon

InfernoCannon Seventh Year

I'm doing the same as Aekiel, and just got up to the one where I have to retreive the Alien spaceship. I think that the ship can give us details about what some of the Alien aircraft may look like.

Also, the Banshee gives us an insight. The book explains it as "Experiments with recovered alien technology has allowed Nod to develop the next generation of fighting aircraft. Code-named the Banshee, this sleek craft is capable of decimating any unit or structure with it's twin plasma cannons."

The "experiments with recovered alien technology" seems most interesting to me.

More Disrupter like units may find it's way onto the battlefeild as well as the full version of the Mammoth.

Anubis, C&C is impossible to fail at RTS. It's pretty much the God if them.

4. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

The fact that the Aliens wont get hurt by tiberium makes sense to me, the moment I heard about them I new thats what was going to happen, after all they did send it to earth.

Again I cant see how anyone can play any RTS on anything but a Computer!

Fuck yea, C&C is the progenator of all things RTS, remember... no C&C no warcraft!

All hail the god's Of Command and Conquer

"He who controls the past commands the future. He who commands the future conquers the past." - Kane

"Kane... LIVES!"

5. InfernoCannon

One vision, one purpose.

And the purpose of this post is to bring you a new link i've found! It's giving us a bit of detail on the story line, and apparently NOD is focusing less on robotics. Also gives us a bit more information on the multiplayer part as well. http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/cc3tiberiumwars/preview.html

According to another source that is focusing on the GDI part, it says "wielding the power of terrifying Ion Storms". I hope GDI don't control Ion Storms. After all, I hated the Weather Contolling device in RA.

More pics at http://www.gameslave.co.uk/gallery.cfm?gallery=332&title=Command--Conquer-3-Tiberium-Wars

A look at the how Nod acheives it's power in C&C3 (by the Executive producer): http://www.gameslave.co.uk/forum/messageview.cfm?forum=35&thread=2247

A look at the oppisite side of the war, and the power of the GDI (also written by Executive producer): http://www.gameslave.co.uk/forum/messageview.cfm?forum=35&thread=2219

And I bring an explanantion of tiberium and how life is like in 2047: http://www.gameslave.co.uk/forum/messageview.cfm?forum=35&thread=2187

And now, I shall leave you with this comment.

Control the media, control the mind.- CABAL

Edit: Aren't I being kind today? I'l have to make up for it tomorrow with the morons at school.

Some nice new information from an interveiw: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=141995

Last edited: Jan 17, 2007
  6. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

bravo for the linky's inferno.

I cant wait for more info on the aliens though, I wonder if we are going to get a breakdown of what they want and how they do things.

7. InfernoCannon

Well, according to same place or another the Aliens were amused by the conflict and they'd expected mankind to be wiped out. Apparently they were going to 'havest' the planet. So I think it's just a place to live and/or a source for money.

8. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Fuck E.T.

I hope when you play GDI you get to Kick some insectoid ass.(cause I know NOD is going to want to have intimate relations with them)
    Torture and all that for info!
    wicked Idea!

9. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Spent the past 30 mins putting this together, Not the greatest as I have no fuckin idea what I am doing when it comes to photoshop.

New Sig:
    [​IMG]

10. InfernoCannon

Which is exactly why the GDI call them "The Invaders" and Nod call them "The Visitors". It's likely that Nod belive them to be powerful and/or Gods. After all, it is a cult and the leader has no determined age. Also, many Nod members don't belive that Kane is mortal. He seems to have been around since the begining of Nod, and since it's a millenia old cult...

I look forward to the Red zone .Ion storms that can completly devastate the base and army of your enemy? And, for all we know, the Tiberium vines may make a comeback from Tiberian Sun.

Also, Nytmare, I'd reckon it'd look better if it had Kane screaming "LIVES!" in the background like he does before Slavik slit's Hassan's throat

11. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Hey, isn't one of the GDI superweapons the ability to control those ion Storms?

Lemme see if I can get that Image and I'll redo the sig!

12. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

Slight bump here to avoid having to create a new topic on the same game. The new C&C3 trailer has just been released for those of you following the game, looks absolutely amazing. Tricia and Grace from Battlestar, Morrison from House, and you've got Lando and Kane in there as well.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player.php?id=17188&type=mov&pl=game

13. InfernoCannon

Nice find Anubis, I've got an article on the Scrin somewhere once I find it, I'll post it.

I just love what the person said.

"If Kane wants aggression we shall obey

14. Dark Syaoran

Dark Syaoran No. 4 Admin

I like those mutated virus blobs from Tiberium Sun. They are for the win. :D

15. InfernoCannon

They are, but the first time I saw them I had about 100 infranytry with me on my way to demolish what was left of GDI. I met about 10, and just stared at them in bemusement. Then they killed my people, and I was still in shock.

Anyway here's the Scrin article http://uk.gamespot.com/pc/strategy/commandconquer3/news.html?sid=6165297. An about Tiberium and the Scrin being in mythology...

Do you know how many connections GDI and Nod have to the Bible?

General Solomon= King Solomon
    Kane= Kane from Genesis, who killed his brother Abel.
    Apparently, in Regenade under the Temple of Nod there's a tomb of Abel...
    Seth= In the first one Seth was Kane's right hand man, whom Kane killed when he tried to upsurp him and kill the commander. Seth was also the 3rd son of Adam and Eve.
    The Brotherhood of Nod= Once Kane killed Abel, God banished him North of Eden, to the land of Nod.
    Tiberium= It has no direct connections but it has an abstract connection to Kane. In the Bible, Kane grew vegetables and other things like that. However, Abel brought up animals to give to God. God preffered Abel's offering over Kane's every time. That led to Kane killing Abel. Also, where does the Tiberium sprout from? The Earth, so allow the connections to unravel.

Now I'm off to look for Scrin/Tiberium connections.

16. InfernoCannon

As it's out of range to edit my last post, and to avoid creating a new topic, who has the demo of the game?

It came out last week, and I downloaded yesterday. For those who really want to use the Avatar Wrenchmen I found them lacking slightly. Then again, I was testing their attack power on Tiberium. Speaking of which, has given an entire new aspect to a Nod stratergy. With a catlyast missile that makes tiberium explode, you can destroy a large chunk of an enemy army that is approaching. Then you scare the enemy witless with Venoms(helicopters). Which has an upgrade, Venom Signature Generator. It makes the enemy radar see more of the things. If that doesn't work you can just send suicide bombers across and blow the last refuges of the army to pieces.

Then you just annihilate the base with the greatest super weapon to return. The Nuke.

GDI defense is the best, with sonic emitters that create shockwaves and guardian cannons that can get rid of the enemy vechiles. Unfortunately if Nod just continue to attack without stop you'll run yourself into debt.

And Nod defense is different. Before, you built them one by one (which you must do with GDI) you now build a hub that has either three SAM, laser or gun turrets around it.

So, those who got it, what did you think of the units. I love the replacement of the Nod engineer, the Saboteur. The only unit i've heard that has an evil laugh.

17. MrINBN

MrINBN Unspeakable

Visceroids (the green blob things in Tiberium Sun) were a pain in the ass to kill. Fast, annoying, and they tore through infantry like a fat man in an all you can eat buffet.

18. Nytmare

Nytmare Fourth Year

Yea, but they come as babies and adults, now the adults are the ones that come and attack your base sometimes, and thats a pain.

19. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

I have the demo, and have played through the GDI mission on Normal once (which I enjoyed), but havent yet had time to try out Skirmish or a harder difficulty. Demo release clashed horribly with Jade Empire SE's release for me, and Im afraid the Bioware game has to come first.