1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Killing Floor

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by ForsakenOne, Jun 25, 2009.

1. ForsakenOne

ForsakenOne Groundskeeper

The new zombie game that was released lately. Shits pretty epic, well for a mod remake anyway. Honestly has more playing value than l4d...(You have more than 5 weapons) plus some chainsaws :awesome, can't have a zombie game without that. Not worth buying IMO, but better value than l4d >.>

http://store.steampowered.com/app/1250/

also: Final boss is fckin impossible.

[​IMG]

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TapFqBBYm9E (The Patriarch Boss)

Last edited: Jun 25, 2009
  2. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

Depends on what difficulty you face the fucker on.

Its an awesome game but the loading scenes are waaay too long for me and I cant seem to join a server successfully so far. Edit: Except for the first three that I joined.

Does anyone else have Killing Floor? The game is a lot better (and easier) when you play with people you know and have mics.

4/5 for gameplay.

3. ForsakenOne

Oh yeah, some people had problems with load time, i think they fixed it by running in compatibility mode or changing the Directx to 8.1. I had problems with my res until after i changed dx to 8.1, the game ran perfectly after. Make sure you patch to the latest version, 1003 before joining.

4. Kang

Doesn't Steam automatically patch everything? You don't have a link do you bro? I'm a bit nervous when downloading from websites I'm nott totally familiar with.

Whats your favourite weapons? My tools of destruction happen to be the double handcannon with Lever rifle.

5. ForsakenOne

Steam should, but some cases there are exceptions, i wouldnt really know since i didnt buy the game ;) if you know what i mean. When you launch the game go to multiplayer, news, and see if the topright says 1003. Thats the latest version.

Also, heres the main tripwire known problems thread: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=30715

and:

Man those two are also my favourite weapons!, dual hand cannons just rape, and the lever rifle is awesome for oneshotting those err boomers.

6. Spanks

Spanks Chief Warlock

I saw the name of the thread and I thought someone had discovered Hendrix or something. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwwpXvQDsjc

But yeah, I love zombie shit. Anyone here read World War Z? Amazing book, I can't wait for the movie.

7. Kang

The real boss of the game isn't the Patriarch.

Its the motherfucking, ass whipping, scarysonofabitch called the FleshPound.

The tactic to deal with it?

9/10 - 'RUN THE FUCK AWAY, OSHITOSHITOSHIT, GOGOGO, FUCK MAN RUN RUN RUN'

8. Jon

Jon The Demon Mayor Admin DLP Supporter

I eat Fleshpounds for breakfast.

o_o

Seriously, how can you compare Fleshpound to patriarch?

9. Kang

Imagine the situation;

You're in the supermarketfinal map.

Surrounded by 5 other noobs who only have the Lever rifle and Dual 9mm.

In the corner with two corridors that lead to you and your squad.

*the lights flicker*

A FleshPound appears on the right.

*you see a slight shimmer to the right and raise your weapon- nah, its probably a dust bunny right?*

A FleshPound appears on the left.

*brains and gore explode from nowhere as your teammate kills the stalker you hadn't realised was there O.O;*

You concentrate on taking down the Sirens making their way to you with a sizable amount of Gorefests and Scrakes in the vanguard. You do not see the errant bolts, that fly over the wall of moving flesh, embed themselves into both of the fleshpounds.

*crawlers, sirens and bloats manage to obstruct your view and make the camera spin. all of a sudden they spontaneously explode in a blur of blood and guts as you look up and...*

Cue 'Your squad was wiped out.'

With the Patriarch everyone stocks up on L.A.W, Hunting Shotgun and Compound Crossbow. Within 4-5mins motherfucker is dead.

The FleshPound is the true boss , because if you accidently enrage it, perhaps with a grenade, you watch it charge your teammate and eventually the squad down.

And/or, enrage it on purpose and watch it charge down the one fleeing annoying member of your team.

Killing Floor is probably the only game that really punishes you for bad accuracy.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2009
  10. Jon

heh.

If you have a shit team then yeah anything will be able to kill you.

You can cut off Fleshpounds heads don't you know? :3

11. Euroclydon

Euroclydon High Inquisitor

I have l4d, and I like it.
    Ive never heard of this game before though, you say its better than l4d?

12. Kang

o_O

Jon. You can cut off the FleshPound's heads?
    (looks it up in Google)

o_O

Well, it seems to be a glitch that will probably be fixed by the next patch.

Otherwise they just completely neutralised the FleshPound which, other than the Scrake and Siren, is the main challenge of the game leading up to the Patriarch.

@Wheezybaby: There have to be quite a few L4D Vs KF comparison videos out there which explain the difference a lot better than I do.

13. Jon

..It isn't easy to cut off a Fleshpounds head.

I'm lvl 5 melee and half the time it doesn't work.

14. Kang

15. Mr Strike

Mr Strike Epic Awesomeness DLP Supporter

Even without a head, Fleshpounds can still be absolute cunts.

Much prefer this game to L4D, although to be fair, I only played L4D for 15 minutes or so at a friend's with his crap brother.

Having said that however, wouldn't mind seeing a versus mode brought in somehow. Not too sure how it'd work without completely ripping off L4D but still...

Edit.
    Horseshit. Budget size is not a valid criteria for game quality.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2009
  16. ForsakenOne

You cant really say its better than l4d because l4d had a much bigger budget and better engine, but killing floor is much better for the value IMO. I'm still pissed i paid 50 bux for l4d when all it added from the demo was versus and some more levels >.>. But yea, i love the aiming system in this game (pure ironsight) and melee weapons.