1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

KOTOR 2 Restoration in open beta

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Tehan, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Tehan

Tehan Avatar of Khorne DLP Supporter

If the title didn't sell you, there's no hope for you. Here t'is.

No, it's not the Team Gizka one. This guy's argument is that they're just that awesome that they did what TG have spent years on, and it's got nothing to do with that closed beta leak not long back.

2. Voice of the Nephilim

Voice of the Nephilim Death Eater DLP Supporter

3. Mercenary

Mercenary Snake Eater

works for me... perhaps the forum was down?

4. Torak

Torak Death Eater

"It is done, at last it is done."- Kreia

:awesome

5. Sarah

Sarah Daddy Issues

Wow. The game might actually be runnable on my Vista comp now! O_O

NM: Still I might just install XP and enjoy the somewhat full game XD

6. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

Do you actually have to own a copy of the game?

7. Snarf

Snarf Squanchin' Party Bro! ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    ... yeah. You do. :D

8. Iztiak

Iztiak Prisoner DLP Supporter

...Juuuust checkin'.

Wishful thinking really.

9. Kang

Kang Denarii Host DLP Supporter

So what has been restored and does the mod play good?

Im going to wait for some more feedback until downlaoding it.

10. Magus

Magus Groundskeeper

Fuck... I left my copy at my parents house (I didn't want to fill my room with tons of old PC games). Got to go pick it up this weekend.

So, who's been playing this? Thoughts? Does it have all of the stuff Team Gizka were trying to put in?

11. RustyRed

RustyRed High Inquisitor

Just to clarify... this is all the stuff that Obsidian would have put in if they hadn't been rushed to release? So like, the dialogue, scripting, all that stuff is already there, just waiting to be used?

I remember playing kotor 2 and being vastly disappointed, but more importantly: bored. To tears. Does this content make the game actually interesting, or just more complicated?

12. Chime

Chime Dark Lord

Having played an earlier leaked release I can confirm that many things left out by Obsidian are returned to the game, but not everything. Read the thread on the changes here http://forums.team-gizka.org/ –*they explain everything really well as to what is restored and why it is.

Some things were not restored because they would conflict with the story (such as being able to kill the handmaidens early on in the story – this is an option they left out, even though there is some coding fragments they found that suggested this was an original option).
    Some things were not restored because they were simply unrestorable (not enough content to go on).

But for the most part, everything that made sense continuity wise and had enough content to work with was restored. Some bits were "made up" by the team including a few voice overs (you won't be able to tell the difference), but they were used to fill in the cracks.

The final cutscene has no music, and there are some graphical errors in the final level. Swoop racing is completely bugged and will not work properly (you cannot win the races, don't even try) – or atleast, when I played the leaked version. This could be changed, but I doubt it.

I don't know if the game is any less boring, having only limited experience with the game prior to patching. I liked it, however. It was no KOTOR1 but it was still an enjoyable expierence to me (even though it did drag on towards the end).

13. Anubis

Anubis Seventh Year

There has been no leaked release of TSLRCM. You're thinking of, and linking to, the Team Gizka mod which differs slightly in the "What is restored" area, as well as restoring things in different ways to how TSLRCM has done.

There is an interesting comparison between the two mods here for anyone interested: http://forums.team-gizka.org/viewtopic.php?p=103896#p103896

I haven't tried TSLRCM yet myself, despite being a huge fan of the franchise. I will most likely wait until either it finishes beta and fully releases, or Team Gizka finish their version - whichever comes first most likely. I'd be interested in hearing the opinions of anyone here who has tried it in the meantime :)

14. Klackerz

Klackerz Bridgeburner

Wow I didn't know that the Sith Lord restored contents mod has been released.

So to anyone who have played this,how is it?Is it worth installing KOTOR again to play it?

Last edited: Oct 26, 2009