1. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Hey DLP authors, there's a bit less than a month left to wow us with your story about Daphne or Azkaban.

The Author applies the words to the paper or it gets the hose. Write or die! The more the merrier.

Click here for more information!
    Dismiss Notice

LEGO thread

Discussion in 'Gaming and PC Discussion' started by Taure, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

I'm still missing Voldemort, Dobby, Credence, Jacob, Queenie, and Percival Graves. Spent way too much getting duplicates, so I need to get on ebay to snag the rest... and sell the ones I don't need.

I'm tempted to keep an extra Moody, though, so I can have Crouch Jr. displayed at the same time.

I was actually given one of the display boxes for Christmas, but it wasn't a full box and, wouldn't you know it, the rare ones were already missing.

2. Anarchy

Anarchy Totally Sirius DLP Supporter

Yeah, I still need to snag a couple loose figs from the new wave. Currently saving up for the big Hogwarts set, but that will happen sooner than later. That's the only set I'm missing from 2018. Had to go a bit out of my way to get the mini-Diagon (which I sitll havent put together) and a really small Harry /w trolly polybag.

Really looking forward to whatever this year happens to bring. Especially the first Fleur minifigs. Only thing that would make it better is a Bellatrix minifig that doesn't cost $30

3. TieHat

TieHat Groundskeeper

High Score:
    @Anarchy Have to admit I don't know much about Lego but genuinely asking, have they gotten so expensive that you need to save up for sets?

I remember playing with and losing many as a kid.

4. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

There are drug habits that are probably cheaper than Lego, and I imagine stepping on the paraphernalia is less painful, too.

5. Anarchy

It's a 6000 piece set for $400.

6. Taure

Taure Magical Core Enthusiast Prestige DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Yeah, Lego has increased in price, especially the licensed sets. But Lego was never cheap. Your parents were probably crying every time you lost a piece, @momo

7. Anarchy

picked up a (disassembled) tower bridge set for $40 at a garage sale. Lucky me. However, it's covered in dust and cat hair, so it's going to take some cleaning, and I have to inventory on it to see if the set is actually complete. So far so good, and I'm kind of looking forward to spending 2-3 days building it.

8. Taure

High Score:
    So pictures of the 2019 Harry Potter sets have been released: https://brickset.com/article/43459/harry-potter-summer-set-images

Will definitely get the Clock Tower as it attaches to the other Hogwarts sets and has all 4 champions. The other sets are nice, but mostly I would get them for the minifigs rather than the sets themselves. As a wave, it actually rather leans towards the "small sets" end of the spectrum, given that last wave we had the Great Hall, Hogwarts Express and Whomping Willow which were all substantial sets.

Also it's hilarious that in the Clock Tower box art, Ron is dancing with Fleur.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  9. Anarchy

worth noting that it's somehow taken this long to get a Fleur minifig

10. Warlocke

Warlocke Prisoner

Fuck me but Lego is a rich man's game...

Voltron

11. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Has anyone looked at 3d printed legos at all? I've been considering it so I could build some of the older HP sets that aren't in production anymore, but I'd like to know someone with pictures for references before trying it.

12. Taure

High Score:
    Not a good idea. Lego bricks are very strong and manufactured to a high level of precision (tolerance of 0.002 millimeters). A 3D printed version won't feel like proper Lego bricks nor will it be nearly as "grippy".

You're probably better off looking into cheap knock-offs which ignore Lego's IP like Lepin, though they got shut down in China last week.

13. SilverOtter

SilverOtter Seventh Year

Well that's a huge let down. I had seen some youtube videos and they looked fairly decent in terms of grippyness, but the quality looked a bit dodgy to me.

14. Anarchy

Honestly, you can Bricklink a lot of the older sets and have them come in cheaper than the retail price. Doesn't look like any of them really have any unique pieces, and even if they did, you could likely just skip it or color substitute it. Like, I'm looking at the first gen Hogwarts and you could piecemeal it for under $50 probably, most expensive piece I saw with a quick glance was some tan lion's head column toppers at 50 cents each, and most of everything else is actual pennies. Of course, that's not including the minifigs, which can be pretty expensive. Not like you could really 3D print those though and have them be accurate anyways