1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Abandoned Lessons to be Learnt by wyadra - M -Harry, Multi, Incest-ish

Discussion in 'Almost Recommended' started by Mrriddler, Dec 4, 2005.

1. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
  2. Amerision

Amerision Galactic Sheep Emperor DLP Supporter

*cringes*

The sheer amount of fluff is unbelievable.

70 percent of this story is hugging, stroking, putting their hands in each others hair, apparating to each other to comfort them, and enjoying each other's prescence.

Personally, I'd rather just see Harry shag his own twin sister and kill the others than read the appalling amount of corny fluff in the story.

3. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

I saw this got bumped and re-read the comments. But first, I wanted to share the highlight of my day so far was in Mrriddler's initial post about this fic.
    Ahh the myth of the female organism.

Anyways, I read 3 or 4 chapters of this way back. And it was just too much family angsty touchy-feely fluff. Harry, twenty-year old super magic warrior was "adapting" to his role of ignorant whiny twelve year old doing all that great grandpappy Potter ordered the family too. Yeah, admittedly, I didn't really need to hear Harry's surprise and opinions about twelve year olds feeling the sensations of tampons. And when I gave up it was literally 80% about Harry's twelve year old bonded love bitches and getting them all together because the littlest Weasel was in such pain or something. I dunno. I've never cared about that stuff.

But there were enough good ideas that I thought this had potential once it moved past all the whiny/love/emotion crud that held somewhere between none and zero interest to me.

So I'm asking for anyone who's been reading this, has it improved towards any action or something interesting? Beyond the incest-ish love bonds and pre-teens coping with teenage emotions. Or should I keep holding out a while longer before giving this another try?

4. Amerision

No.

It gets worse.

Harry tottally loses any semblance of the twenty year old kickass guy, and reverts to a 12 year old boy with a harem. They have ittie mysteries in Hogwarts, Harry cries for his mommy, angst, fluff, more angst, and more semi-twincest loving.

Remember how everyone was supposed ot get older because of the souls of their twenty year old selves get bonded to them? Well, they stillgo to Hogwarts, interact with immature Ron, dark is evil no exceptions, and lots of redemption for everyone.

5. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Ah, i like the story, but i kind of skip over the fluff. It's a genre that i like, but there is too much fluff. i think you could give it a try later though nonjon. There is a plot coming, though i think it won't be for some times. On the other hand, there are a few other stories like that (a whole new world by finbar for exemple).

Edit: While I like, there is a lack of kickass!harry.

6. nonjon

nonjon Alumni Retired Staff

Yeah... sounds like maybe I should wait until it's done.

And I like Finbar's quite a bit! Admittedly supering up all five of them (and supposedly all putting their dipsticks into each other's oil pans) usually sucks, but Finbar's got action, and they actually act like responsible independent adults.

7. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Yep, Finbar is good :)

Well, i dislike the usual superpowering like in lessons to be learnt, because i don't like the whole "i am more powerful than you" bit. i much prefer finbar's method of "we have fought in a war for five years and done nothing but train and kill" ^_^

8. Dubrichius

Dubrichius Groundskeeper

God, I remember reading this story almost a year ago, before I joined DLP, and I actually enjoyed it then! :eek:

But now, looking back over it, I cannot see what drew me to it in the first place. The amount of fluff is enough to sink a Cruiser, and my newfound loathing for Ginslut only makes it worse. (I actually don't mind Hermione, but I see her as someone who should be fitted for a plaid shirt and a pair of Doc Martins.)

9. arkeus

arkeus Seventh Year

Yes, i quite understand what you mean :/
    When i began reading fanfiction, i could read h/g without problems, even R/hr....:/ But now, i can't read a new fic that has less than 5k words by chap, and the summary must be good, and so on... I am quite picky, but it comes with having read thousands of fics (not joking, i have like 2700 reviews in my stats).

But anyway, i like superpower!harry when it's not too badly done, and the waydra fic is ok. The writing style doesn't make me wince that much, only the contents do.

10. Aekiel

Aekiel Angle of Mispeling ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I was really disappointed by this, after all your such... wonderful reviews.
    Way to much fluff, though incest doesn't really bother me.
    He should just go in, bone his twin, tell the others to fuck off and AK them while their backs are turned. Though he could spare Hermione (don't kill me!) cause he needs someone who ain't a complete dimwit in his harem.

11. Amerision

Agreed. Totally.

Since when did Daphne become a "Norse Queen?"

12. Mrriddler

Mrriddler High Inquisitor

Somewhere high, somewhere low and somewhere in bet
    Since forever? Well, it's been used a bit. I remember danielc had her pinned as nordic as well in one of his fics.

I should have included a massive fluff warning. I definitely just glossed over that. But that was months ago before I even started thinking about writing SotMV, or read Vash I think.

Still I generally keep a few fluffs like this one on hand. It helps balance out the other dark/evil/psycho Harry fics I read.

13. Othalan

Othalan Headmaster DLP Supporter

Utter crap. A worthless piece of shit. The author must die.

14. Midknight

Midknight Middy is SPAI! DLP Supporter Retired Staff

15. Lincos

Lincos Professor DLP Supporter

Over two years Necro.... for that shit... this has got to be a new record. Eight months here and you're still a newb.

Anyway, the only reason I'm even posting is just to say. Awesome Ava Mid, it made me giggle.

16. EDWARD D CROCKETT

EDWARD D CROCKETT Muggle

I was able to read some of the stories, but my comp says many not found. On the kick ass to boy, don't forget hormones, changing how you act!