1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Lets Rap About Terrible Stories

Discussion in 'Fanfic Discussion' started by Zombie, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Pathological Liar

Pathological Liar Second Year

Did you complete it @HMM?
    --- Post automerged ---
    Hey, that was one of the first fics I read and the first Peggy Sue I read. Though I couldn't complete it, I thought that it was the best Peggy Sue fix for a long time

2. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

There was a truly atrocious story I read whose entire premise was that for some poorly thought out, drug induced reason Harry becomes a dog.

Not an animagus. Just a plain old mongrel.

Then he ends up at Hogwarts and is adopted (?) by Snape and we are treated to several cringe inducing scenes :

1. Harry (still in his dog form) takes care of Snape when he is sick.
    2. Snape cuddling with Harry(again still in his Dog form)

At least here Harry was a dog . In another fic he became like a dementor after being "raised" by them in Azkaban. Cue Harry using dementor magic to fly and play Quidditch on the Ravenclaw house team.

3. Pathological Liar

4. Shadow Shaman

Shadow Shaman Third Year

5. Pathological Liar

Unsung Hero
    Link: https://m.fanfiction.net/s/2900438/1/Unsung-Hero
    Rated: M, English, Drama & Romance, Harry P., Hermione G., Words: 211k+

Up until the second half, one of the best WBWL/NonBWL fics but after that, it goes down the drain and combined with one of the crappiest ending in all of the Fandom, it ranks right in my most disappointing fics list.

6. darklordmike

darklordmike Headmaster

Definitely the worst ending in the fandom. When I reached the end, I couldn't believe my eyes. I think that was the only time I left a flame that deliberately tried to crush the author's self-esteem. It was so unbelievably bad, the fanfic equivalent of 'Rocks Fall. Everyone died. But hey, read the sequel!' It was a deliberate middle finger to her readers. That fic makes me angry just thinking about it.

7. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

Holy shit, the reviews are actually mostly all angry. I've never seen that before. Can anyone give a spoiler summary of how this ending went down?

8. Majube

Majube Order Member DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Read this a long time ago but still remember the bullshit ending.
    Basically, in this fic Harry has a twin whose the WBWL but when the war happens Harry steps up and wins. Now he has all the glory and fame, the end scene is him stepping into an elevator thinking about what he'll do next and then he gets AK'd in the back by the evil twin. He apparently goes back in time somehow but I never read the sequel.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2018
  9. Pathological Liar

Yeah, but with only half his memories. The other half goes to Voldemort, because fate wants to balance things or somewhat like that.

The sequel is also abandoned.

10. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Yeah it was because of people on Portkey.org being shit artist and pissing the author off. I'll be totally honest , Unsung Hero is a favorite of mine. Guilty pleasure but favorite.

Also, everyone sees what my OP looks like? Can, when you post follow that's model. Like give us quick facts and the focus on what exactly you don't like.

11. Darrell Malik

Darrell Malik Squib

Found this beautiful gem the other day while browsing through Fanfiction.
    Title: Harry Potter and the Slytherin Prince of Destiny
    Author: TheLegendaryBlackDragonKnight
    Rating: M
    Genre: Adventure/Spiritual
    Library Category:
    Pairings: N/A
    Summary: Dathris Milicox, an lone orphan residing alone receives an invitation to Hogwarts where he is sorted into Slytherin. When Professor Snape takes him under his wing, only then does he begin to understand the line between forming new friends and creating his own gallery of rogues. Especially all boiling down to fighting against an murderous bully who wants him dead...

This one is a dozey...

Should have realized just where this story was going when reading the summary with such a badly named OC. The first few lines have the author taking away the aspect of the wand chooses the wizard by saying its bullshit and then goes on to say that its there story and they can do whatever they would like with it cause it's their story.

Next has the OC being introduced in one of the worst ways possible in a movie/script like format. We meet the OC's best friend with the oddest name ever(considering that his best friend is African American with a name that would put Sharkeisha to shame) and then drags us to a 'barren city within the late night hours'. We are introduced to the Hogwarts letter, the OC magically knowing of Hogwarts despite being raised in a Muggle orphanage and by the witches/wizards that are speaking of it.

We jump to Diagon Alley where the OC gets his wand and the wand in question is described to be a bird(cringe) and find out that not only does it have a Pheonix(gasp) core, but it also has two kinds of wood in it! And was used by his adopted father, James Potter and looks like Voldemort's wand and is feared because of it(gasp)!

Done with our shopping we move to Hogwarts where we meet another OC and then go to the sorting. The OC is sorted with the regular spew of personality quirks that all Slytherin's get and of course is sorted there. We find that he meets the Malfoy, Crabbe, and Goyle and proceeds to ignore them when the lads try having a conversation with him. Odd, considering Malfoy is actually lowering himself to speak with such an obvious Muggleborn/Halfblood(or unknown Pureblood) and is, of course, ignored. A 'certain black robed Potions Professor' watches the unknown lad, sees himself in him and wants to help this unknown boy because of it and secretly stalks the boy.

We continue on and Snape has instantly warmed to this boy and knows that the boy is not using his real name. We find out that the OC has a better name than his original name and he and the dour professor are going to be best buds...

I had to stop after the next bit just because I started laughing uncontrollably. The author likes to describe things in the 'best' of ways and I just skimmed over the rest.

Last bit of the chapter and the bit in the middle (Snape's perspective) mentioned Harry and we hardly meet the Boy-Who-Lived which the OC somehow knows about Hedwig, Harry, and Ron without having meeting them beforehand.

There's a total of 3 chapters so far and this one is the first...

The rap theme I could think of is any sort of freestyle that comes to mind and just flows with the text.

12. Zombie

Zombie Black Philip Moderator DLP Supporter

Lets Rap about X is a throw back to the 90s.

It means Lets Talk about X.
    I'm not asking anyone to write sick bars on these shitty stories.

13. Seratin

Seratin Proudmander –§ Prestigious §– DLP Supporter

High Score:
    My Immortal would have to be rapped by Mike Shinoda of course.