1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Dead Link Lily and the Art of Being Sisyphus by The Carnivorous Muffin

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Stan, Jan 16, 2015.

1. Alindrome

Alindrome A bigger, darker mark DLP Supporter Retired Staff

I'd say the pace of the main story rather reflects the feel of it: ponderous.

2. noura62442

noura62442 First Year

3. NuScorpii

NuScorpii Professor

New chapter is up.

I got the sense that the author was trying to inject some sort of seriousness in this chapter, and I don't think that goes well with the overall idea of this fic or why I like it. The last couple of paragraphs did try to lighten the mood, but it didn't seem to have succeeded.

In most other fics I wouldn't have had a problem with a chapter like this, but in this fic it feels entirely out of place. Perhaps it was necessary and unavoidable, but it just felt off to me.

4. Alindrome

I don't know, I found the majority of it rather amusing.

5. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I liked it. It was a big step in Lily's development in how she views herself and other people.

6. Stan

Stan Order Member

I agree. I liked it. The story has never been a cracky humor fic anyway, so this didn't seem out of place to me.

7. throwaawy

throwaawy Fifth Year

Chapter 30 is up.

House DEFAULT makes its triumphant return

8. Alindrome

This chapter cracked me up immensely. It was pretty much the perfect introduction of Luna for this story. There's a new oneshot, too, Conversation with a King.

9. Stan

Stan Order Member

Updated.

Things became serious quickly. I like it. Lily's feud with Snape was rather one-sided, it seems the one with Dumbledore will be far more of a challenge.

Luna seemed a bit..... off.

Why were Hermione's parents obliviated? Don't really like her new personality, seems a bit too convenient that she would side against Dumbledore now that Lily and Dumbledore are open enemies.

Still enjoying this very much though. I like how despite following the main canon plot, there are plenty of other plot points, so this doesn't feel like a rehash. Also, next chapter should have Lockhart, and his interactions with the new group should be fun.

10. StrawberryPingu

StrawberryPingu Second Year

IIRC Quirrel obliviated Hermione's parents when he kidnapped her.

11. Stan

Stan Order Member

Finally updated: In which Luna Lovegood and Lily discuss the merits of tea and not-tea, Wizard Lenin decides that ultimately Dumbledore's schemes are irrelevant, and in 1981 Gilderoy Lockhart once had oysters for dinner with a fabulous woman.

Loved the chapter. The perfect mixture of absurdity and seriousness, and the perfect cliffhanger to end the chapter.

I wonder what the author will do now. I think it's far too early for Wizard Lenin to be getting his body back, but the narrative is written in such a way that I find it unlikely that Lily will fail either.

12. Coffee Break

Coffee Break First Year

This really is a terrific story. I would rate this and What You Leave Behind as the two best currently-updating stories in the fandom right now.

I do wonder where the plot will go after Wizard Lenin gets his body back. I suppose time-travel has to be coming up soon to fill in those early hints and to setup many of the one-shots?

13. Jarik

Jarik Chief Warlock

I think the story peaked a few chapters ago for me. Finding myself losing interest.

Initially it was about exploring all the bizarreness about Lily and the interaction between Lily and Wizard Lenin. Then it moved on to being about her interactions with Quirrel and Dumbledore. All of this seemed to build to that point where for the first time, she's affected on an emotional level - Hermione being kidnapped. Feels like everything built to that point.

Being back in this mode just doesn't feel as interesting anymore.

14. Ched

Ched Da Trek Moderator DLP Supporter ⭐⭐

I haven't started losing interest, but with Lenin about to get a new body (probably) I expect things might pick back up for those that are. For me we haven't 'been back in this mode' long enough for it to feel old. It's interesting to see it again, especially with the addition of Luna, Default, and Head-of-House!Dumbledore.

15. Coffee Break

Coffee Break First Year

Has been Updated.

Amazing chapter. Looks like this is where the time travel begins.

16. prism123

prism123 Squib DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I wonder who else is gonna be on Default's quidditch team, they don't really have enough players, maybe that's why Lily started recruiting more members.

I really liked this chapter, shows that she really wasn't ready for Lenin to be gone if she keeps repeating the day despite being so tired. It'll be interesting to see how she handles it going forward, assuming Rabbit hasn't eaten Tuesday. Also I'm curious what Lenin is going to do now. He has to compete with O.G. Riddle now if he wants to try to continue where he left off, but I think he's probably changed a lot from his time in Lily's head and will go in a different direction.

17. Coffee Break

Coffee Break First Year

Updated with Chapter 34

... and so ends the two-chapter 'I hate Mondays' arc. Holy fuck Rabbit is creepy.

18. Dark Minion

Dark Minion Bright Henchman DLP Supporter Retired Staff

19. Ferdiad

Ferdiad Unspeakable

There's been quite a few one shots in the last month or so. They're all as good as the original or better in some cases.

20. Stan

Stan Order Member