1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

List of Plot Holes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vengashii, Mar 12, 2008.

1. Mordac

Mordac Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

Harry's school life. I'll just quote my friend Mike Smith here:

2. Banner

Banner Dark Lady

* enjoying that from beginning to end, especially the last line *

Thank you!

Last edited: Apr 2, 2008
  3. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Yeah, that's a nice breakdown by Mike Smith. Entertaining.

4. loves2spooge69

loves2spooge69 Looked into the void

Now if I was voldymort.. and im not saying that i am.. heres what i would do.

Book four, have polyjuiced whatsis name invite potter into his office, point to something on the wall behind him, when he turns around brain him with a conceiled saucepan, take a few vials of his blood, take a magic (pun intended) marker and write "penis" across the runt's forehead,

then calmly walk out and tell dumbledor that he was taking a sabatical and will be back in a few months. then have the minion make a quick stopoff at the graveyard, bobs your uncle, fannys your aunt, and now i got a shiny new body that i pray has all the junk in my pants in right order

5. mbond98

mbond98 Seventh Year

loves2spoonge69: Har. Har. Har. Hey, you should PM a mod or, better yet, and admin with this comic fool's gold.

Lurk more, and go back to harrypotter.com in the meantime. And I'm the nice guy.

P.S.

You've completely missed the point of :forkyou

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  6. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    I'm just waiting to see who gets this one, Vash or Mid?

7. Grubdubdub

Grubdubdub Supreme Mugwump

First things first, you're an idiot. Second, Voldemort isn't human and thereof probably cant use pulyjuice, as it's for human use.

Another plot hole, though explainable: Why James, Lily or Harry weren't the safe keepers? Because there wouldn't be a storyline isn't a valid excuse.

8. loves2spooge69

lawlz, wow

sigh, dumbasses, point being why bother dragging harry all the way to the graveyard in the first place? what's easier to hide under your cloak... a vial of blood forcibly taken? or a teenager?

and to whomever said something about voldermort not being able to take the poly juice potion read the fucking post again, christ you say im an idiot? at least im not illiterate.:cool:

9. Hari Seldon

Hari Seldon Groundskeeper DLP Supporter

Is there an actual canon example where it says voldemort cant use polyjuice?

Also, spooge Why would you take the vial of blood if you could have the one thing you've wanted for 13 years, (or however long it was) Hary potter dead.

10. loves2spooge69

so finniky

jeeze fine, slit his throat while hes unconcious and then use a glass or something to catch his blood. two birds with one stone. But i appreciate the lack of hostility. very refreshing on this forum, thank you

11. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

Oh?

*STARES*

12. Solomon

Solomon Heir

The sad thing is, Justblaise actually skipped quite a few of the errors.

13. Dark Belra

Dark Belra Minister of Magic

How can he say this? Considering where we are.

14. Blaise

Blaise Golden Patronus

The same way he said:

*Still staring*

15. Skykes

Skykes Minister of Magic DLP Supporter

I know that loves2spooge69(queer name btw) is a illiterate idiot but he does have a point, why bother bringing harry all the way to the graveyard to take his blood? Unless it had to be freshly taken, I think the words that Wormtail used were "Blood of the Enemy, forcibly taken, resurrect your foe".

Not sure if its come up already but; Crouch, Dumbledore must have known that something was up...In dagger and Rose its explained pretty good but JK left it unmentioned afaik.

Edit:
    loves2spooge69: If you had taken another 2 minutes before you posted people would not have reacted as they did. Point: We put effort into our posts, you should do the same.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2008
  16. canoncansodoff

canoncansodoff First Year

My two favorite holes not already discussed:

1) Harry is put on trial before the FULL Wizengamot start of his fifth year. During the trial, his Aunt and Uncle's street address in Little Whinging is read out loud not once, but twice...the second time in Dumbledore's presence.

Chances that a DE or DE sympathizer within the Wizengamot took note and passed this information along to Voldemort? Damn near 100%.

Harry didn't return to Privet Drive immediately after the trial, but at the end of that school year, Harry is picked up at King's Cross by his Uncle and they drive back (unguarded) to Privet Drive.

Is there any logical reason why the Death Eaters weren't waiting for Harry and Vernon to pull the car up in front of Number 4? Bella was certainly available at the time.

2) In DH, Kreacher has the power to transport Dung against his will through 12 Grimmauld Place's wards. But nobody thinks to use Dobby to pop Harry safely away from Privet Drive on the night he turns 17? Nope....if they had, we couldn't have an exciting (and excitingly stupid) broom battle with Flying!Voldemort...or the chance to embarrass Harry with Hr and the Order checking out his polyjuiced bits.

17. Demons In The Night

Demons In The Night Chief Warlock

Yeah, I believe I mentioned this one a few times.

The broom chase and 7!Harry's plan was retarded on so many levels. Why not simply apparate or portkey away from Privet Drive?

18. The Doctor

The Doctor Unspeakable

It was at this point that I knew DH was going to be shit.

The thing that pissed me off the most was that none of the girls tired to check out Harry's wedding tackle.;)

19. canoncansodoff

canoncansodoff First Year

If I remember right (and believe me, I try hard not to remember DH) the lame-ass excuse was that the MoM was already compromised, tracking floo use and apparitions, and outlawed/heavily restricted portkey use.

The other low-tech solution would have been to have Harry don his invisibility cloak and hide in the boot of the Dursley's car when Dingle(?) evacuated Dudley, Vernon and Pet earlier that day.

20. Vengashii

Vengashii Banned

Get out of my thread.