1. DLP Flash Christmas Competition + Writing Marathon 2024!

Competition topic: Magical New Year!

Marathon goal? Crank out words!

Check the marathon thread or competition thread for details.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hi there, Guest

Only registered users can really experience what DLP has to offer. Many forums are only accessible if you have an account. Why don't you register?
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Introducing for your Perusing Pleasure

New Thread Thursday
    +
    Shit Post Sunday

READ ME
    Dismiss Notice

Complete Little Guy by Clell65619 - K+ - HP/George of the Jungle

Discussion in 'Trash Bin' started by Dungbomb, Jul 12, 2015.

1. Dungbomb

Dungbomb First Year

Title: Little Guy
    Author: Clell65619
    Rating: K+
    Genre: Humor/Parody
    Library Category: Humor
    Pairings: None until last chapter
    Summary: What if Lilly was a little more prepared to escape if Voldemort came calling. She knew that the Floo and Portkeys could be disabled, what if she had found a back door? Just a silly little story of a somewhat different Harry
    Link: https://www.fanfiction.net/s/11187678/1/Little-Guy

this is a total crack HP/George of the Jungle crossover. I did find myself laughing a few times though.

2. Dingbat

Dingbat Squib

It succeeds for the most part at what it was aiming for, and I too found myself laughing a few times throughout. 3/5

3. Rehio

Rehio Bad Dragon ~ Prestige ~ DLP Supporter

High Score:
    Clell has been posting Harry Potter stories for eight years and he doesn't know how to spell Lily. I almost don't want to read it because of that alone.

Eh.. couldn't quite get through the sorting. Just silly shit, as usual, but it's not particularly funny.

4. redlibertyx

redlibertyx Professor

I always find that when Clell does a crossover they always seem to fundamentally misunderstand the non-HP property (they also don't seem to "get" Harry Potter much either, but their take on HP isn't fundamentally different from other Indy!Harry fics). With the Bewitched crossover it was turning the witch characters into quasi-übermench beings who were not beholden to the morals of mortal witches and wizards.

Here we have a similar problem; Little Guy is little more than a Mary Sue superior to all the other witches and wizards simply by authorial fiat. There's not even a superficial exploration of the pros and cons of Harry's witch doctor-derived magic and the wand waving of traditional wizardry. He's just better because Clell thinks that'd be funny. Which could be fine in a crack story, if it were funny.

Which it isn't. 2/5.

Last edited: Jul 13, 2015
  5. James

James Unspeakable

Clell's Harry Potter, which is lucky, intelligent, and completely without balls, being totally devoted to whichever girl he is paired with.

How unusual.